No announcement yet.

Are Mexican boxers overrated?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
    It took a mexican legend like Barrera to beat an injured, dehydrated Naseem Hamed, so, no, they're not underrated.
    Still making excuses for Hamed getting schooled.

Comment

If that were the case, other nationalities wouldn't be eager to be labeled a "Mexican killer" or adopt a Mexican related moniker. They're some of the most talented as well as entertaining fighters in the sport. I think there's this perception of them being face first brawlers in part because a lot of fighters will pad their records with lower tier Mexican opposition.

Mexican fighters often travel overseas, take on top caliber opposition, along with taking each other out moving up the ranks and unifying as champs-- fighters like Vazquez-Marquez and Barrera-Morales probably took years off their careers facing one another to the benefit of the public. Contrast that with fighters of certain other nationalities that primarily remain at home, face mid tier opposition and steer away from their countrymen.

Comment

A lot of boxers get overrated.

I do think because of the passion mexico rings to boxing, sometimes their fighters are vastly overrated.

Same thing in England though

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
            The entire Mexicans Style is a view pushed on Mexicans. Mexicans never came out and said this is our style. Mexicans have a vast variety of styles and the majority of them is based of skills, fundamentals first.
            We agree 100%. The “Mexican style” statement always applies to the Brandon Rios and maragritos. Which completely takes away from the skilled legends from Mexico. Dumbest **** I heard and I would be offended if I was Mexican.

Comment

Agree it most people here, they are definitely overrated punchbags

Comment

Most of my favourite fighters are Mexican.

Comment

Originally posted by Pretty Boy32 View Post
                  Kinda sad that two punching bags - Castillo and DLH beat that fraud in your avi, huh?

Comment

I guess as always it depends on who is doing the rating. I rate the best Mexican boxers extremely high. I have lived in LA, Tucson and Albuquerque and have been watching good Mexican boxers for decades and often live. They train hard and fight their hearts out and are very hard to beat. Fighters like Marquez, Napoles, Chavez, Lopez,Saldivar, Olivares and so many more past greats and all the great Mexicans fighting today would be hard to overrate. Mexico loves boxing and they are a great boxing country.

Comment

Originally posted by Pretty Boy32 View Post
                      Your trolling is A+ ****. It's like your not trying anymore. Butler is out trolling your ass and that is sad.

Comment

Working...
                      X