No announcement yet.

Boxing Expert Consensus GGG landslide.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deletrious View Post
    I can at least respect that. But if the range of respectable results is a draw or golovkin winning by as much as 8-4, then the result should have been a win.
    I'm not even talking about the legitness of the decision cuz I'm about over that whole thing cuz few people are being reasonable about that, everyone CLEARLY saw whatever they saw & they can't budge a round one way or the other cuz there score is CLEARLY correct as is lmfao.

I just seen a bunch of guys' scores & didn't see Farhood's so figured I'd drop it cuz I just heard him talk about it + his reasoning earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
      This sport is done.
      Yep. Boxing been dead from terminal corruption since the IBC days, but no one has taken the time to bury it doe apparently. Boxing has been getting Weekend At Bernied around for decades obviously.

Comment

Floyd can let his opponent throw more pounches and make em miss most of them and still win on points.
        Nelo thought he was new Floyd and thought he could let ggg outwoirk him and get away with it

Comment

Originally posted by Canelo and GGG View Post
          where i said that they benefit? they are fans of certen fighter ,Holyfield was arguing to death that Pacman won vs Floyd ,probably cuse he is Pacmans fan.
          ... and you wish to relativize a landslide media decision with that only?... i.e. with Holyfield wrongly scoring Floyd-Pac???

(not that I'm interested in this official decision...)

Comment

Ive been told ,by the naturally lobotomized , that Gareth Davies opinion of the fight is the only one that matters. All hail Gareth Davies.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
              ... and you wish to relativize a landslide media decision with that only?... i.e. with Holyfield wrongly scoring Floyd-Pac???

(not that I'm interested in this official decision...)
              no ,i dont care how they scored ,i only fallow official decissions cuse they will go to books ,just sayin how ppl who score like that think ,pluse a trend in boxing to hate "runners" and we have what we have.

but the point is Boxing is subjective ,so thats why if fights go to distance ,and fighters have big fanbases ,controversis will be a thing if thers no KO ,allways.

i have bias towards Nelo ,so i understand the other side.GGG have much more fans in internet and boxing community atleast

Comment

Originally posted by True That View Post
                Here's the Whole Article:

GGG vs. Alvarez: Who really won
                September 18, 2017 |

By Bradley D. Cision: Another predictable, controversial, and expected decision has been handed down in the most anticipated fight of the year last Saturday night with the Saul “Canelo Alvarez (49-1-2, 34 KOs) vs. middleweight champion Gennady “GGG” Golovkin (37-0-1, 33 KOs) being scored as a controversial 12 round draw at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Many boxing fans have been waiting for the Canelo Golovkin fight for almost two years, but many boxing fans predicted that if the fight went to the scorecards, Canelo would find a way to win.

Fortunately for GGG, the worst that happened was that Canelo was given a draw, and didn’t steal his titles away. Many people saw the fight as a clear, although close win for GGG, and a few saw it as a legitimate draw.

What most people saw is GGG controlling the pace for 90 percent of the fight, backing Alvarez up to the ropes constantly, and out-landing him in jabs by almost 50 jabs. The jab controlled the pace of the fight. GGG out-landed Canelo 218-169 and landed more punches in 10 of 12 rounds.

Alvarez also looked like he had minimal answers for GGG as he was on his bike until he fought in spurts trying to counterpunch GGG with his back to the ropes constantly, especially in the later rounds where GGG looked completely comfortable and Alvarez had no real answer for a fighter that finally wasn’t smaller, or past his prime, or has a weak chin.

In an anonymous online poll, a whopping 79% of the people polled thought GGG won the fight. Only 10% thought Canelo won, and 11% thought it was a draw.

Who did you have winning Canelo-GGG?
                10%
                Canelo Alvarez
                (386 votes)

79%
                Gennady Golovkin
                (3044 votes)

11%
                Draw
                (410 votes)

3840 votes total were submitted in this online poll.

Out of a total of 69 boxing writers and fighters, a landslide 54 thought GGG won the fight. Only FIVE thought Canelo won, and the rest had it a draw.

Teddy Atlas ——————————–>118-110 GGG

Brian Campbell (CBS) ———————>117-111 GGG

Jack Rathborn (Mirror UK) —————→ 117-111 GGG

Harold Lederman (HBO) ——————116-112 GGG

Dan Rafael (ESPN) ————————>116-112 GGG

Bryan Graham (Guardian UK) ————>116-112 GGG

Gareth Davies (UK Telegraph) ———–>116-112 GGG

Amir Khan ———————————>116-112 GGG

Matthew Macklin ————————–>116-112 GGG

Steve Lillis (BoxNation) ——————→ 116-112 GGG

Bob Velin (USA Today) ——————–>116-112 GGG

Kevin McRae (Bleacher Report) ———–>116-112 GGG

Shaun Al-Shatti (MMA Fighting) ———→ 116-112 GGG

Ryan Frederick (Wrestling Observer) —→ 116-112 GGG

Patrick Stumberg (MMA Mania) ———→ 116-112 GGG

Kevin Mitchell (Guardian UK) ————>116-113 GGG

Jordan Breen (Sherdog) ——————>115-112 GGG

Kevin Iole (Yahoo) ————————>115-113 GGG

Gary Locket ——————————→ 115-113 GGG

Will Esco (Bad Left Hook) —————–>115-113 GGG

Phil Murphy (ESPN) ———————–>115-113 GGG

Mike Harris (SI) —————————>115-113 GGG

Paul Fontaine (Wrestling Observer) ——>115-113 GGG

MMA Brazil ——————————>115-113 GGG

Sean Sheehan (Severe MMA) ————→ 115-113 GGG

Rob Tatum (Combat Press) —————→ 115-113 GGG

Patrick Wyman (Bleacher Report) ———>115-113 GGG

Joel Diaz ———————————>115-113 GGG

Max Kellerman————–>115:113 GGG

Dave Moretti (judge) ——>115:113 GGG

Lennox Lewis —————————>Golovkin

Austin Trout ——————————>Golovkin

Danny Jacobs ————->Golovkin

Enzo Macarenelli —————————Golovkin

James Brady (SB Nation) —————>Golovkin

Terence Crawford ————————>Golovkin

Sergio Martinez —————————>Golovkin

Liam Smith ——————————>Golovkin

Peter Quillin ——————————>Golovkin

Liam Williams —————————>Golovkin

Ohara Davies ——————————→ Golovkin

Luke Campbell —————————>Golovkin

Dave Coldwell —————————>Golovkin

Badou Jack ——————————>Golovkin

Kevin Kelly ————————→ Golovkin

Dana White ———–>Golovkin

Steve Kim ———————————–>Golovkin

Doug Fischer ——————————–>Golovkin

Ring TV Cynthia Conte, M.Rosenthal—Golovkin

Michael Montero —————————→ Golovkin

Joe Rogan (UFC) —————————→ Golovkin

Jim Rome (sports broadcaster) ————Golovkin

Sergey Kovalev ————————————→ Golovkin

Julio Cesar Chavez Jr ———————————–> Golovkin

Don trella (judge) ————————>114:114 Draw

Steven Muehlhausen (Sporting News) —→ 114-114 Draw

Gilbert Manzano (Denver Post) ———–>114-114 Draw

Associated Press ————————–>114-114 Draw

Lance Pugmire (LA Times) —————→ 114-114 Draw

Chris Mannix (Yahoo) ———————>114-114 Draw

Roy Jones Jr.———————————>114:114 Draw

Kenny Porter ——————————>114-114 Draw

Tommy Hearns —————————–>114:114 Draw

De La Hoya ——————————–>115-113 Canelo

Bernard Hopkins ————————–>115-113 Canelo

Erik Morales ——————————→ 116-112 Canelo

Julio Cesar Chavez Sr ———————————>116:112 Canelo

Adalaide Byrd (Judge) ———————————->118:110 Canelo

Unfortunately for the sport, this type of judging will continue as we have no oversight except the commissions themselves and they have already forgiven the one 118-110 scorecard from Adalaide Byrd.
                lol out of the 5 scoring it for canelo, 2 were mexicans, 2 his promoters, and then the byrd card.

Comment

People are too influenced by commentary. Roy Jones was the only one
                  not nuthugging GGG and hyping him up when he was clearly missing shots.

Comment

Teddy's score is as bad as Byrd's!

I think a draw is fair. It was a close, competitive fight.

I honestly thought they were going to give Golden Alvarez all of GGG's belts like how Kovalev got shafted.

Comment

Originally posted by True That View Post
                      Here's the Whole Article:

GGG vs. Alvarez: Who really won
                      September 18, 2017 |

By Bradley D. Cision: Another predictable, controversial, and expected decision has been handed down in the most anticipated fight of the year last Saturday night with the Saul “Canelo Alvarez (49-1-2, 34 KOs) vs. middleweight champion Gennady “GGG” Golovkin (37-0-1, 33 KOs) being scored as a controversial 12 round draw at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Many boxing fans have been waiting for the Canelo Golovkin fight for almost two years, but many boxing fans predicted that if the fight went to the scorecards, Canelo would find a way to win.

Fortunately for GGG, the worst that happened was that Canelo was given a draw, and didn’t steal his titles away. Many people saw the fight as a clear, although close win for GGG, and a few saw it as a legitimate draw.

What most people saw is GGG controlling the pace for 90 percent of the fight, backing Alvarez up to the ropes constantly, and out-landing him in jabs by almost 50 jabs. The jab controlled the pace of the fight. GGG out-landed Canelo 218-169 and landed more punches in 10 of 12 rounds.
                      a close fight that ended up as a draw... the one scorecard was a shame no excuses for that...
                      the guy using compubox total numbers as if judges can do the same... im not one who likes to judge fights based on compubox stats, but if you are going to do that you at least do it round by round... i gave canelo the first 3 rounds and the last 3 rounds without even knowing the punch stats, my best friend who doesnt like canelo at all gave canelo rounds 2,3,6,10,11,12.. some of those rounds ggg outlanded canelo by a few jabs but canelo had the most power punches and made ggg miss a lot more punches... i have no problem with those having ggg up by a round or 2, the draw was fine and canelo by 1 round is fine either... i watched the fight on tv azteca with almost no sound since it was a fight party, tv azteca had the fight as a clear win for canelo(lamazon,morales,chavez) so about 15 casuals at the fight party thought canelo was robbed, when they asked me and my friend (only hardcore fans at party) we both told them the draw was a fair decision... to me azteca was biased towards canelo and hbo was biased towards ggg...
                      but i think we should all agree that adelaine byrd should not be in boxing anymore...

Comment

Working...
                      X