Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Had the Greater Career? Pacquiao or Chavez, Sr.?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Divine Hammer View Post
    floyd retired. so manny was #1 and bradley who was previously #3 became #2. i think i trust TBRB (a large group of respected writers) over some random on the internet.

manny pacquiao = 5 weight lineal champ.

accept the truth and move on with ur life please.
    only in pac land is he a 5 weight lineal champion.

he and bradley were not the concensus 1 and 2

you can trust whoever you want and I trust my own brain, eyes, and other outlets

most of you guys trust a source if it supports your agenda and turn right around and tear the same source down if it doesnt support your agenda or fighter you like.

a large group of respected writers who trash fighters they dislike and big up ones they like....boxing writers lost a lot of integrity years ago and many scribes are biased.

for example, freddie roach has 7 times trainer of the year, respected writers right? several of those years he lost his biggest fights as a trainer. it was a popularity contest. other trainers had better years.

opinions are like as holes and im sorry I dont put any human's opinion on a pedestal when we are all flawed individuals. Many writers, commentators, and journalist dont have the knowledge some posters on this site or lifetime boxing fans have. Let alone the fighters, trainers in the game who know the sport in and out. Writers are writers. most dont even follow boxing like we do and the athletes and trainers do.

welterweight was wide open and you cant keep a number one ranking with being 4 wins and 3 losses in your last 7 fights when other fighters are more consistent in your division. Damn he lived off that Cotto win 6 years. Most of his opponents in recent history werent even ranked at welterweight

Comment

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
      Both men rose up from nothing to become giants of the sport. But who had the better career overall?

Chavez reached an epic 87-0 before his draw with Whitaker. On his way, he captured titles at 130, 135 and 140. He has more title wins than anyone else in boxing history(although they were for alphabet titles, but still in an era where 2 or 3 were recognized). He has wins over Roger Mayweather(twice), Rocky Lockridge, Edwin Rosario, Jose Luis Ramirez, Alberto Cortes, Meldtick Taylor(twice), John Duplessis, Angel Hernandez, Hector Camacho, Greg Haugen, Frankie Randall(twice), Tony Lopez and Joey Gamache.

Pacquiao won titles in eight divisions(in an era with four recognized titles). Still, it's a remarkable feat to move up so high from flyweight. I don't think any other flyweight champion has moved up so high successfully. He holds wins over Lehlo Ledwaba, Jorge Eliecer Julio, Marco Antonio Barrera(twice), Juan Manuel Marquez(twice), Erik Morales(twice), Oscar De La Hoya, Ricky Hatton, Miguel Cotto, Joshua Clottey, Antonio Margarito, Shane Mosley, Timothy Bradley(twice) and Brandon Rios.

Who had the better run?
      Not Mr Catchweight.

Not Mr. 1,000,000 fee for every pound over weight

Not Mr. Low KO ratio afetr PED accustaions

Not Mr. just started PED testing last year in Macau

Not Mr Broken Arm

Not Mr Didnt defend any titles at 135 or 140

Not Mr. Where the heck are the rest of my WW countrymen? Oh yeah thats right, i only bulked up from Ariza shakes

Not Mr. Im a WW if I fight a LW, but if I fight a WW im a LW

Chavez the real deal. 48 a phony

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
        So your over 35 too! Great to know! Peace!

Unfortunately for me I am over 45 now.

Yea, Im 45 on the nose.

Comment

are people forgetting chavez holds the most title defenses. 87 - 0 is a hard feat i dont care who you are . Funny the same people that praise GGG hate on Chavez bunch of mexican boxer haters on this site....

Comment

Originally posted by Elotero View Post
            Not Mr Catchweight.

Not Mr. 1,000,000 fee for every pound over weight

Not Mr. Low KO ratio afetr PED accustaions

Not Mr. just started PED testing last year in Macau

Not Mr Broken Arm

Not Mr Didnt defend any titles at 135 or 140

Not Mr. Where the heck are the rest of my WW countrymen? Oh yeah thats right, i only bulked up from Ariza shakes

Not Mr. Im a WW if I fight a LW, but if I fight a WW im a LW

Chavez the real deal. 48 a phony
            I think that pretty much sums it up.

You forgot
            Mr. tight socks
            Mr. God revealed Maywather would be me

Comment

Originally posted by Sun_Tzu View Post
              Yea, Im 45 on the nose.
              Cool! Glad there are other older guys around.

I had to look up so many slang words when I started posting.

Check out jhonny's new photo in front of his favorite temple. He tried to pray to the Japanese Gods of War to deliver Anorak and Jaded. Into his paws.

Comment

Originally posted by Cleto_Reyes View Post
                are people forgetting chavez holds the most title defenses. 87 - 0 is a hard feat i dont care who you are . Funny the same people that praise GGG hate on Chavez bunch of mexican boxer haters on this site....
                Most title wins ever. 31, I believe.

Comment

Working...
                X