Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Think Mayweather can't go broke? Think again...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lion81 View Post
    Mayweather is looking to get back in the ring. Soon. Because he likes getting hit on the head? Because he likes the grind?

No, because the well is starting to dry up. A fool and his money are soon parted.

Think it's impossible to blow through 100's of millions? Think again, here are some examples.

Tyson making $685 million, had to get back in the ring until he physically couldn't anymore.

https://www.forbes.com/pictures/mli4.../#31783e4832a3

Evander Holyfield also had extravagant spending- look what happened. Made $285 million, now worth 500k as of 2016. That's what anyone owning a home in America is worth these days.

http://sites.simbla.com/9f2ad1e0-b2a...-1c7f6f767c28/

And this is an older article, but very relevant to the topic showing other fighters that spent all their millions. Riddick Bowe lost his $50 million.

http://sites.simbla.com/9f2ad1e0-b2a...-1c7f6f767c28/
    Floyd Mayweather has most of his money, likely since the Marquez fight, tied up in rental properties/real estate assets, in varying term annuities, and his current business ventures, on top of his appearance fees still bringing in independent cash flow.

Haymon schooled Floyd on ways to protect himself and most of his money, so that Floyd can see the residuals on his money, spend that, and be no worse for wear about it.

Four children by two women, never married, and how cash-focused living has left him without much debt/obligations hanging over his head.

Floyd is going to be just fine, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
      Would anyone leave 100 mil on the table? Even if you're a billionaire you'd still take another 100 mil if you can. You don't leave money on the table.
      How much did Lennox Lewis leave on the table ?
      Vlad instead of rematching with AJ ?

Comment

Gambling and a ridiculous lifestyle could easily bankrupt Floyd.

I think he has good advice but all it takes is a couple of law suits...

Comment

Sorry but me worrying about Mayweather money does nothing for me personally WTF are people getting out of HOPING he goes broke? Seems like a "Misery Loves Company" type of thing when people take the time to talk about his money

What he does with his money is his business, he is lucky enough he can still comeback and make 9 Figures even if he does run into trouble financially while most people work a hard 9 to 5 job just to keep our Lights On!

Who's to say his return is not apart of these New Deals with Showtime and Fox? Who's to say Showtime and Fox is not behind Pacquiao joining Al Haymon and PBC? Doesn't mean he is in trouble financially maybe he is being offered crazy amount of money to return
          Last edited by sicko; 10-22-2018, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Floyd left with his brains intact so unless he gets robbed i don't think he can go broke.
            He can live off interest

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
              Pacquio already broke don’t put him in the category with Floyd lol. Floyd got major investments and PBC something PAC doesn’t
              You absolutely should put him in the category with Pac, because he may have made more money but he's just as stupid with it.

Floyd already went broke too, after being retired for less than 2 years. ODLH had to loan him millions of dollars so his purse wouldn't be seized by the IRS before the Marquez fight. And he was in trouble again pre-McGregor, when he still hadn't paid the IRS $20 million from his 2015 taxes.

Floyd gambles, lives a lavish lifestyle and puts his money in bull**** vanity investments like a strip club or a promotional company. He'll be broke again before you know it, hence why he's coming out of retirement for the.... 3rd time?
              Last edited by paulf; 10-22-2018, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                Floyd Mayweather has most of his money, likely since the Marquez fight, tied up in rental properties/real estate assets, in varying term annuities, and his current business ventures, on top of his appearance fees still bringing in independent cash flow.

Haymon schooled Floyd on ways to protect himself and most of his money, so that Floyd can see the residuals on his money, spend that, and be no worse for wear about it.

Four children by two women, never married, and how cash-focused living has left him without much debt/obligations hanging over his head.

Floyd is going to be just fine, lol
                I totally believe you.

But that's not going to stop Floyd from turning his assets into liquid to feed his extravagant appetite.

I once had a gambling problem. I had money locked into stocks, accruing interest. Doesn't mean I didn't withdrawal those funds to help feed my demons I had at that time.

Believing Floyd can live off the profits and interest of some real estate assets is not understanding Floyd.

He needs the latest Buggati's the latest jets, the latest Koenisseggs supercars. He has expensive taste.

I'm just here for the ride, watching it all unfold.

Comment

Originally posted by Lion81 View Post
                  I totally believe you.

But that's not going to stop Floyd from turning his assets into liquid to feed his extravagant appetite.

I once had a gambling problem. I had money locked into stocks, accruing interest. Doesn't mean I didn't withdrawal those funds to help feed my demons I had at that time.

Believing Floyd can live off the profits and interest of some real estate assets is not understanding Floyd.

He needs the latest Buggati's the latest jets, the latest Koenisseggs supercars. He has expensive taste.

I'm just here for the ride, watching it all unfold.
                  This guy gets it. Floyd lives like a high level CEO or investment banker, but he isn't one. Those guys can always go back to work when they're 50, 60, even 70 years old. Floyd cant.... once it's gone, it's gone.

Comment

Originally posted by .WesternChamp. View Post
                    floyd wont go broke and im not even a fan of his.

he made enough money, in order for him to go broke he has to get into some crazy legal problems where he has to spend all his money for lawyers, etc. and this has to happen occasionally in order for him to go broke.

Floyd really has a spending problem, especially on luxury. To the point, he attends charity events to avoid paying taxes.

Pacquiao on the other hand just gives too much money away.

Two different kinds of people.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                      This guy gets it. Floyd lives like a high level CEO or investment banker, but he isn't one. Those guys can always go back to work when they're 50, 60, even 70 years old. Floyd cant.... once it's gone, it's gone.

Yup. He has one legitimate money multiplying skill...boxing. Doesn't know any other way.

He can get back in the ring, sure, but only for the next 5 years. Once that window closes, it's closed.

No one is going to watch a 50 year old Floyd take on Ryan Garcia or Gervonta davis in 2025.

Comment

Working...
                      X