No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL: Donald Trump thread.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• President Ignoramous is now suggest’n to arm teachers that have been trained with fire arms.

He’s say’n the Florida school shooter should have been nabbed.

Nabbed ???

Why is this mentally challenged child allowed to speak.

You can’t make this sh !t up.

Comment

• Originally posted by BERNIE'S CORNER View Post
        I got some new ones

Nothingburger

Comment

• Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
          I wouldn't put much stock in folks being charged by Mueller. History says if they do get convictions, they'll be overturned for prosecutorial misconduct:

Mueller’s top prosecutor promoted despite multiple overturned convictions in Enron case

Andrew Weissmann, who is spearheading special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation into one-time Trump campaign manager Paul Manafort, bent or broke the rules in pursuing the Enron case to gain convictions which were subsequently reversed, defense attorneys say.

Defense attorneys in the Enron case say Weissmann “intimidated witnesses by threatening indictments, created crimes that did not exist and, in one case, withheld evidence that could have aided the accused,” Rowan Scarborough wrote in an Oct. 22 report for The Washington Times.

Sidney Powell, a Dallas lawyer who took the appeal of a Merrill Lynch figure, told The Washington Times that All of the cases Weissmann pushed to trial were reversed in whole or in part due to some form of his overreaching and abuses. The most polite thing the Houston bar said about Weissmann was that he was a madman.”

The special counsel’s office declined to comment to The Times about Weissmann’s track record.

Dan Cogdell, who represented three Enron defendants, said Weissmann is “the most aggressive prosecutor I’ve ever been up against. He is, if not win at all cost, he’s win at almost any cost.”

“At one hearing, an incredulous district court judge looked down at an Enron defendant and told him he was pleading guilty to a wire fraud crime that did not exist.”

Tom Kirkendall, a Houston lawyer who represented an Enron executive said “Weissmann seemed more interested in obtaining convictions than in promoting justice.”

Weissmann also went on to get convictions against two Enron clients: accounting giant Arthur Andersen which was forced out of business and executives at banking dynamo Merrill Lynch.

The Supreme Court, in a 9-0 vote in 2005, overturned the Andersen conviction. A year later, the 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals erased all the fraud convictions against four Merrill Lynch managers.

“People went off to prison for a completely phantom of a case,” said Kirkendall.

“Do not misunderstand my disdain for him with ineffectiveness or something not to be concerned with,” said Cogdell. “He’s a formidable prosecutor. If I’m Donald Trump and I know the backstory of Andrew Weissmann, it’s going to concern me. There is no question about it.”

Source, full story:
          http://www.worldtribune.com/muellers...in-enron-case/
          heard something was going on with flynn's guilty plea?

Comment

• Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
            I got some new ones

Nothingburger

Nice......

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
                Hasn’t been a year but don’t let that stop you from lying like your füh·rer.

Try again.......

Comment

• Originally posted by John Barron View Post
                  heard something was going on with flynn's guilty plea?
                  Correct.

The judge has ordered Mueller to turn over to Flynn any exculpatory evidence he has.

The federal judge overseeing the criminal case against former Trump national security adviser Michael Flynn has ordered special counsel Robert Mueller’s team to turn over any “exculpatory evidence” to his defense team.

The development generated immediate attention in conservative circles, with some seizing on the order as a potential indication that Flynn’s guilty plea had been called into question.

Judge Emmet G. Sullivan filed the order on Friday, directing federal prosecutors to produce to Flynn’s legal team “any evidence in its possession that is favorable to defendant and material either to defendant’s guilt or punishment” in a timely manner.

Sullivan’s order invoked the “Brady Rule,” which requires prosecutors to disclose exculpatory evidence in their possession to the defense — that is, evidence that could prove favorable to the defendant in negating his guilt, reducing his potential sentence or bolstering the credibility of a witness.

Source, full story:
                  http://thehill.com/policy/national-s...nd-of-scrutiny

Comment

• Originally posted by BERNIE'S CORNER View Post
                    Hasn’t been a year but don’t let that stop you from lying like your füh·rer.

Try again.......

Your fake republican à la John McCain, Mr. Mueller, is ****ing up...

Did Mueller withhold evidence in striking the Michael Flynn deal?

Last Friday, the media was in a frenzy over the indictment of 13 Russians and a couple Russian en****** by special counsel Robert Mueller. As pundits debated the significance of the indictment, an order was filed by Judge Emmet Sullivan in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia. The order itself was hardly noteworthy, even on a slow news day. Sullivan simply ordered prosecutors to comply with their obligations of disclosure of exculpatory evidence to the defense.

What was notable is that the prosecutors were members of the special counsel’s office and the defendant was their star cooperating witness, former national security adviser Michael Flynn. The order itself deals with the obligation of disclosure under Brady v. Maryland. Prosecutors must disclose favorable or exculpatory evidence to the defense. That might make for interesting reading by Flynn, given new disclosures that federal investigators doubted his guilt before the appointment of Mueller as special counsel.

At the outset, I am skeptical that this motion represents a clear break with the prosecution by Flynn. Sullivan wrote a Cardozo Law Review article in 2016 that said that he changed his practices following the scandal in the prosecution of former U.S. Sen. Ted Stevens (R-Alaska). Prosecutors in that case unethically withheld evidence, which led to the throwing out of Stevens’s conviction. In his law review article, Judge Sullivan wrote, “Following the Stevens case, I have issued a standing Brady Order for each criminal case on my docket, updating it in reaction to developments in the law.”

[.....]
                    http://thehill.com/opinion/judiciary...kes-one-wonder

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                      X