Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alex Ariza: "Freddie Roach Didn't Have S**t To Teach Rigondeaux So He Left" (VIDEO)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ariza is still butthurt. That is the reason why he don't last no where, he runs his mouth like he knows it all

Comment

That was weird he even went to Roach,styles dont mess at all

Comment

Originally posted by larry x.. View Post
        That was weird he even went to Roach,styles dont mess at all
        I think the heat he has received from HBO for his unfriendly fan style of fighting prompted him to opt for an offensive style ala Roach. It obviously didn't work and Ariza's vagina is still bleeding.

Comment

I remember reading about this years ago.
          It wasn't that Roach had nothing to teach him, rather Roach wasn't giving him the attention Rigo wanted.
          Rigo wanted Roach's full cooperation, but at the time Roach had Pacquiao and other fighters he was training, and Rigo didn't like that.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarRayCurtain View Post
            Took him 10-12 months to realize roach has nothing to teach him?
            Its a process, you don't just come to that conclusion after a few hours in the gym.

It probably took Roach watching him spar and work pads for months on end before realizing he couldn't contribute in any way to his growth at this point.

Originally posted by Dip_Slide View Post
            What can anybody teach someone with that style, talent and experience? Very hard to teach fighters from that cuban school anything new since they fought like that for decades, 300+ amateur fights. Fighters like this need trainers to remind them of the basics from time to time and help them come up with game plans based on the opponent, not someone that's gonna teach them how to fight.
            Yup, pretty much.

But as an advanced fighter there is still much to work on at a granular level.

Many small nuances, conditioning aspects, ring generalship, etc.

As a fighter and how sharp your fundamentals are, that's largely set in stone at that point.

It's more about theory crafting, sharpening skills, and working on fitness and gameplans for specific situations, rather than learning a new punch or combination.

I spend most of my time sharpening my skills and working on bad habits than anything else in the gym.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
              Ariza is just a strength trainer. He has never boxed and knows nothing about boxing. He would love to be an important guy in boxing. He likes to think of himself as an important boxing guy right up there with Roach. He is not important in boxing and he has been fired by Roach, Khan and Garcia.What ever he has to say is coming from a know nothing nobody in the sport of boxing.
              He's a S&C coach, he doesn't have to know too much about boxing to be effective, I am sure he knows enough to be helpful for as long as he has been around the game.

I get you might not like the guy but calling him out for a lack of boxing knowledge is foolish, the man isn't a boxer or trainer ffs.

Comment

In Jon Butler's book on Rigo, he talks about how Rigo showed up really late for training camp for his sixth pro fight, and got beat up badly by this 15 year old Mexican kid in a sparring session. So Roach refused to be in his corner for that fight, and that's where stopped working with other.
                Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 12-27-2016, 07:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                  Its a process, you don't just come to that conclusion after a few hours in the gym.

It probably took Roach watching him spar and work pads for months on end before realizing he couldn't contribute in any way to his growth at this point.

Yup, pretty much.

But as an advanced fighter there is still much to work on at a granular level.

Many small nuances, conditioning aspects, ring generalship, etc.

As a fighter and how sharp your fundamentals are, that's largely set in stone at that point.

It's more about theory crafting, sharpening skills, and working on fitness and gameplans for specific situations, rather than learning a new punch or combination.

I spend most of my time sharpening my skills and working on bad habits than anything else in the gym.
                  Well said as usual. Dipslide also makes a great point. Cuban boxing theory is a bit like Russian (Sambo), and Portugese Judo theory. When Japan was shut down there were large Japanese communities who never stopped evolving because unlike the Jpanese they were not restricted. So Judo became different in how it evolved in each place...even while after the second world war at the Kodokan in Japan, Judo was rough and tumble with a darth of technique. Sambo guys developed incredible leg locking technbiques, Brazilian guys, ground techniques. So now its all Judo, but Sambo, brazilian JIu Jitsu and Japanese Judo all have a different flavor, different technical theories at times, different mind sets, etc.

Cuban boxing developed in a vacuum of sorts, with lots of knowledge from Puerto Rico and Mexico and the ammys. Great defensive fighters, great movers, but not necessarily in the mold of what trainers developed here. Variety is the spice of life!

Comment

Rigo is one of those fighters that is at a level that is very hard to reach. He doesnt even need a trainer he just trains himself like floyd.

Comment

When guys leave Ariza is it becUse he can't teach them how to do push-ups or run wind sprints?

id still take Roach to smash this dudes face in if they boxed right now...

Comment

Working...
                      X