No announcement yet.

anybody got a PhD on here lol

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hayZ View Post
    BA in Sociology/Criminology and currently studying a MSc in Human Resource Management at a redbrick uni. Will not be doing a PhD, in one semester of my MSc I have done more so far than I had done in 1 year of my degree. Just want to finish this MSc and get a job. Have had the best times of my life in education but getting kind of burnt out at this point and just want to have a little break once I finish my MSc and get on the job hunt basically. I'm only 22 so have got a lot of time but I want to get some good experience through internships and slowly learn software like SAP potentially if it enhances my career opportunities.

I would not go for a PhD personally UNLESS it was sponsored and 100% led to a good job...and honestly even then I would not do it, that's how burnt out I am atm. Didn't even get a proper xmas break, spent the whole holiday doing assignments/revising.
    Good for you man. I would suggest that you do an internship if you can. Experience always helps. I wish I would've done an internship before completing my degree.

Comment

I've just finished my Master's, and will be going on to PhD in a couple months.

Comment

i have a masters in the art of seduction

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
          I've just finished my Master's, and will be going on to PhD in a couple months.
          That's my boy nodo. Congrats and may I ask what kind of PhD will you tackle?

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Kadyo View Post
            That's my boy nodo. Congrats and may I ask what kind of PhD will you tackle?
            My department is economics.

Comment

I'm thinking you will need a good knowledge of calculus for that.

My younger bro has a degree in econ from a top university here in my country but he proceeded to law and took a masters on urban planing in Cardiff. He now works as a Vice President for legal affairs in one of the biggest multinational companies here in our country after being assigned to Switzerland for a year.

Comment

so is the economy facing imminent doom and on the brink of collapse like they say on that show doomsday preppers or what?

Comment

LLB degree in law and completed my LPC. Seriously considering doing a masters in probably commercial law because at the moment working every day sucks.

Comment

B.A. in Journalism

Comment

Originally posted by Money_May View Post
                      LLB degree in law and completed my LPC. Seriously considering doing a masters in probably commercial law because at the moment working every day sucks.
                      Yes the iron shackle of adulthood.....

Comment

Working...
                      X