This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
    "Here we are five years later and they (Liverpool) are still trying to build – around the same position in the league as when I left."
    -Fernando Torres
    Liverpool sold him for 50m

Got in a better player for 20m

Fact! He shouldn't be talking ****

Comment

• Originally posted by Phenom View Post
      Mean while in Murica

The sad thing is England would probably draw/lose vs them..

I could def see us playing out a dull 0-0 draw vs honduras in the world cup.. if both teams make it

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
        I'd genuinely pay money to see your reaction after our heroic 2 nil victory over the international powerhouses Lithuania. Id pay up to about 50 pence like but still, genuine money.

I imagine you to be a younger Claude...but even better. You need to get in on this YouTube rant biz lad....Andy Tate...Claude and then our very own Sparked. Them two have probably made decent money off of it.
        Have you seen that lad who reviews chicken shops in London, lol.

I've said before if my life takes about 3 wrong turns I could be Claude. He looks like a man who showers in his clothes and sh.its in cereal boxes.

They say your 6 missed pay checks from being homeless. We're all a few poor decisions away from being Claude.

He's terrifying.

Cun.t is my ghost of Christmas future.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
          I'd genuinely pay money to see your reaction after our heroic 2 nil victory over the international powerhouses Lithuania. Id pay up to about 50 pence like but still, genuine money.
          This kid right here is the truth -

The Result Giver

Comment

• Originally posted by Phenom View Post
            Mean while in Murica

This is what happens when you get the right coach in there.
            Bruce is a man who understands USA soccer it's many weaknesses but also it's strengths.

Comment

• Lads, it's fucking Honduras.

Comment

• Can England join Concacaf or whatever it's called now.

Could be something good to come out of Brexit.

We could win The Gold Cup or whatever it is.

Comment

• You will have to play few teams that are better than Iceland on your way to the Gold Cup but yeah England should definitely look into playing in Asia or something

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                    Can England join Concacaf or whatever it's called now.

Could be something good to come out of Brexit.

We could win The Gold Cup or whatever it is.
                    England wouldn't win the Gold Cup.

Only if Mexico had a poor generation of players would that happen. Otherwise, expect Cahill, Hart etc to get murdered by Chicharito, Dos Santos, Guardado and the like.

Be right on tier with the US.

Mexico.
                    US/Eng (will rotate 2nd spot)
                    whomever else in Concacaf.

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                      England wouldn't win the Gold Cup.

Only if Mexico had a poor generation of players would that happen. Otherwise, expect Cahill, Hart etc to get murdered by Chicharito, Dos Santos, Guardado and the like.

Be right on tier with the US.

Mexico.
                      US/Eng (will rotate 2nd spot)
                      whomever else in Concacaf.
                      I know we usually have an inflated sense of self worth regarding our national team but I think we'd probably win that thing or we definitely should win it. With the infrastructure and football culture over here still being light years ahead of those countries. Soccernomics is a good book to explain why the cultural football hotbeds of Europe and South America leads to a better exchange of ideas and use of resources. The US and Mexico are at both at a geographical ,economic, historical and competitive disadvantage currently to England. England suffered themselves as we view our country as the grand old man of the game and assumed for many decades that our views on the game are the right ones and the success of other nations was more down to luck and the prodigious talent of other nations individuals.

England as a statistical par according to soccernomics should finish every tournament at least in the Quarters.

I don't think England have ever lost to Mexico and have lost maybe once or twice to the US in history.

England's issue is they absolutely cannot beat anyone good. Mexico and the US just aren't good IMO - can't be since Jozy Altidore plays for the US and I'm better than him ffs. That said I do expect the US to become a force in my life time at least. They'll win a World Cup before England anyway if either of them ever wins one. In the end US coaches will all have FIFA coaching badges, the talent pool will massively increase and at that point it's a numbers game because they will be able to pick from a vast pool of talent even if Football increased in popularity about 20% over there. The dominate Women's football purely due to participation in the sport. In real terms I sort of think if one of the big 3 sports over there just point blank didn't exist then the US would have won a few world cups by now. That is just logic but even then their disconnect from the rest of the football world would f.uck them.

The US to really improve would need to qualify the South American section.

One of England's big issues is they coast qualifying playing so so football against teams who park the bus. I am not even sure England have conceded a goal in the last qualification never mind this one. As a result they can't compete adequately when they are the weaker team.

England themselves would improve by joining South American qualifying, lol. Thought we might struggle to qualify altogether then. I'd be in favour.

Imagine having to beat Bolivia away or some sh.it at high altitude to qualify. Our lads would get smashed. But in about a decade I bet we'd be pretty strong. Competition breeds achievement.

Comment

Working...
                      X