Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by US Dirk Killer View Post
    Highly doubt it's 10m
    No way KZ muster up that much money for just GGG
    Saunders wouldn't be going to ****ing Kazakhstan if there wasn't big money behind this fight
    There's enough $ put up to get him out of the UK for the most dangerous fight of his career.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
      Governments always give BS reasons to sponsor these type of events that in reality have zero or more likely negative economic net benefits. It's been widely established in the economic literature than these things are a huge waste of money. Just because lots of other countries do it, it doesn't make it any more correct.

And the thing is that you're right. It would probably be a profitable event event without the government's assistance, which why it's maddening. There's zero reason for the government to be sponsoring boxing. It's fucking crazy countries keep on doing this. Australia for some reason puts up money for almost every Mundine fight. And if I remember correctly, the state-run Airline and Oil/Gas companies sponsored the Martinez-Murray fight for $3M. Recently Pacquiao was asking for $25M to fight in the Philippines. It's nuts.
      In Australia's case, it's about tourism and generally the revenue more than exceeds the cost

For example, a few years ago Tiger Woods was paid $3 million to play in the Australian Open

In return, the NSW government received tens of millions in "free" advertising around the world as Tiger's participation meant that the tourney was broadcast live to the US, Asia, Europe and the Middle East

By way of contrast, the Pac-Horn fight was never going to be a starter as there were no real benefits to be had
      Last edited by Tomjas; 03-24-2017, 08:10 PM.

Comment

I dont believe the 10 mill figure.

I just dont.

If there's 10 mill in a fight over there why ever fight over here?

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if someone offered him $10 million. It just means someone is willing to lose a **** ton of money. A homecoming fight during a world event is as good of a chance as any for someone to be willing to lose money.

Comment

Originally posted by AllBoxingAD View Post
            I dont believe the 10 mill figure.

I just dont.

If there's 10 mill in a fight over there why ever fight over here?
            You people don't follow anything, do you?

Comment

Ten millions bucks. That will really piss off the GGG haters on here. GGG gets to fight exactly who he wants to fight where he wants to fight him. He will add a third world champion to his resume they claim doesn't exist.They would rather he fight Jacobs, Ward or Lara for less than a third that much. Jacobs and Lara could always fight each other while GGG is having so much fun making big money in his homeland. It's enough to make a grown Mirko Troll Cop cry.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                Governments always give BS reasons to sponsor these type of events that in reality have zero or more likely negative economic net benefits. It's been widely established in the economic literature than these things are a huge waste of money. Just because lots of other countries do it, it doesn't make it any more correct.

And the thing is that you're right. It would probably be a profitable event event without the government's assistance, which why it's maddening. There's zero reason for the government to be sponsoring boxing. It's fucking crazy countries keep on doing this. Australia for some reason puts up money for almost every Mundine fight. And if I remember correctly, the state-run Airline and Oil/Gas companies sponsored the Martinez-Murray fight for $3M. Recently Pacquiao was asking for $25M to fight in the Philippines. It's nuts.

so then we can assume that you think Ali and Foreman were dead wrong to take the money for the "Rumble in the Jungle"??

Comment

There won't be one living Kazhak who is not at that fight. Great homecoming for GGG and unification. Great things are happening for him. Glad to hear it!

Comment

Golovkin going for the WBO is like the naval blockade of Germany by the allied forces.

Comment

Originally posted by World Champion? View Post
                      If Golovkin doesn't fight Canelo in September then he is likely going to face a poor mandatory. The only exception would be if Jermall Charlo manages to become the WBC mandatory and is given the opportunity first. So although it'd be better to see a Jacobs rematch, the mandatory situation won't allow it. Only the Canelo fight would make the organisations look the other way.
                      I don't know about that. At the post fight press conference, Abel said that Golovkin would be vacating his titles after Saunders. I don't think he has any intent on fighting Tureano or the Langford/Khurtsidze winner. If no Canelo, he might go after Jacobs (but I'm betting it'll be difficult to make that fight again, Jacobs sounds like he wants to live off that close loss for awhile), Eubank, Charlo, Rameriz, or DeGale.

Comment

Working...
                      X