Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you interested in Golovkin fighting a 51 year old Hopkins at a catch weight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

aldo5408, Brickyardigan, GGGKovaBeast, GMAN SUPREME, Jc8804, nivek535, RocMarciano, Scholar, Sterling Archer, Tsar Krusher

^^^^^^fanboys

Comment

Originally posted by Omowale Tribe View Post
      ...because it's slowly but surely becoming a reality;

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=703168

What an actual joke of a fight.
      only in the minds of the GGG hate squad.......

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
        Don't take it so personal, I wasn't attacking you, just busting your balls.

Lol @ people freaking out about Golovkin having to cut 5 lbs for Canelo but Hopkins coming down 7lbs @ 51 y/o is absolutely no disadvantage at all. FFS...

I do agree about Degale being a better fight. Far better. Far, FAR better.
        Hopkins at 39 was at 156 with no problem. After that age you're not doing much more growing, infact, you're supposed to be degrading a bit before 39. If he could make 156 at 39 he can make 168 at 51.

And again, it's Hopkins, you obviously don't know much about the guy. like I said, at 39, at 6'1 the guy healthily made 156.

Sure if Golovkin cut back all his food he could come in at 155. Albiet he'd be a different fighter and considering he's already outweighed by Canelo on fight night he'd be more so. I don't know why you'd want to see that when both guys are the same size i.e middleweights. Don't give me the 155 bullsht, because every other fighter when they can't make the limit of the previous weightclass will easily move up the extra pounds to fit into the next division. Canelo is full of sht and you lot are falling for it thinking he's some light middleweight and letting him unify the division at the bullsht caneloweight.
        Last edited by SplitSecond; 02-24-2016, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
          Hopkins at 39 was at 156 with no problem. After that age you're not doing much more growing, infact, you're supposed to be degrading a bit before 39. If he could make 156 at 39 he can make 168 at 51.

And again, it's Hopkins, you obviously don't know much about the guy. like I said, at 39, at 6'1 the guy healthily made 156.

Sure if Golovkin cut back all his food he could come in at 155. Albiet he'd be a different fighter and considering he's already outweighed by Canelo on fight night he'd be more so. I don't know why you'd want to see that when both guys are the same size i.e middleweights. Don't give me the 155 bullsht, because every other fighter when they can't make the limit of the previous weightclass will easily move up the extra pounds to fit into the next division. Canelo is full of sht and you lot are falling for it thinking he's some light middleweight and letting him unify the division at the bullsht caneloweight.
          12 YEARS AGO! I can't conceive how this is going over your head but perhaps you don't know much about physical fitness or the aging process. "Your're not doing much more growing" wtf? Of course. At that age you haven't grown for about 18 years but at 40 the body tends to seriously ramp up weight gain and physical degradation. I don't have time to explain all this to you but if you think a man manages weight as easily at 39 as he does at 51 then you are horribly misinformed about the human body.

You can dish insults about me not knowing about Hopkins but the fact is that I STILL watch his old fights and if you are saying he's the same fighter then it's clear you're not paying attention. His style has changed a lot to adapt to his age and the things that come with that. You're not being honest, you're choosing to believe things to legitimize this for Golovkin's sake. You're too far off on the fundamental truths so I'll just respectfully agree to disagree rather than bicker over this.

Comment

Working...
          X