No announcement yet.

Where does buster douglas jab rank among the HWs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sugarj View Post
    Carl Williams had a very good jab. Shame about his chin!

There were other heavyweights with good jabs in the 80s, Pinklon Thomas jumps to mind.....
    Thomas had an outstanding left jab. The only ones I would rate higher in the last 30 years would be Holmes and Wladimir.

Comment

Delete......
      Last edited by rsf; 02-25-2013, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
        Thomas had an outstanding left jab. The only ones I would rate higher in the last 30 years would be Holmes and Wladimir.
        Possibly right. I'll have a think if anyone else comes to mind. Lennox Lewis always gave his own jab plenty of lip service, but I was never over impressed by it.

Riddick Bowe's jab wasn't bad?

Comment

The night he beat Tyson he looked like he went back in time and body swapped with a Prime Muhammad Ali. That lazer jab which he used to set up that ram rod right hand was a sight to see. Was beautiful boxing by Buster, not to mention the footwork. His jab would have been up there with Holmes and Ali had he been more consistent.

Comment

It's a lot easier to look great when fighting a crappy fighter. Douglas had that going for him. Still a good jab though, worse than the very best but better than many.

Comment

Buster had the natural ability and skills to be great, but didn't have the stomach to reach his potential. I think his jab would have been considered truly great if he had fulfilled his potential, as well.

Comment

Working...
              X