Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Andre Ward give Chad Dawson a rematch at 175?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Andre Ward give Chad Dawson a rematch at 175?

Chad Dawson was badly weight-drained for his fight his Andre Ward's hometown of Oakland, so Ward's win will forever be tainted.

Should Ward do the honorable thing and give Dawson a rematch at 175 in Chad's hometown?
    No. Winning is all that matters, Ward should never fight without advantages
    29.17%
    Yes. Ward should do what's fair and rematch Dawson at 175
    68.75%
    I don't care, I'm not a fan of either
    2.08%

The poll is expired.

Should Vitali give Charr a rematch?that victory will be forever tainted

Comment

Vitali still needs to rematch Byrd. Byrd KTFO'd him in 2000 IN GERMANY.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr LarryX View Post
        Should Vitali give Charr a rematch?that victory will be forever tainted
        No. Manuel Charr wasn't weight drained and Moscow isn't Vitali's hometown.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
          Chad Dawson was badly weight-drained for his fight his Andre Ward's hometown of Oakland, so Ward's win will forever be tainted.

Should Ward do the honorable thing and give Dawson a rematch at 175 in Chad's hometown?
          Great thread question. Unfortunately your assessment of Ward's win is grossly exaggerated.

Ward's win will never be tainted for the simple fact that Dawson was the one who challenged Andre and set the weight limit by volunteering to come down to 168. Keep in mind that Dawson also said "I've fought at 168 before so it would be easy for me. No problem at all."

When a challenger volunteers to drain to weight and says it will be no problem, weight drained can't be used as an excuse for a loss.

On the flip side of things, I must say yes, Andre Ward would get major additional kudos for fighting a rematch with Dawson at 175. Keep in mind that Ward has no reason at all to do this.

Comment

Originally posted by DiegoFuego View Post
            Vitali still needs to rematch Byrd. Byrd KTFO'd him in 2000 IN GERMANY[/SIZE].
            Germany isn't Vitali's home country, Ukraine is.

But I agree Vitali should have rematched Byrd.

Comment

Not right away, Dawson in the time being should continue to reaffirm that he's the best LHW, he should start by avenging his lost to Pascal.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                No. Manuel Charr wasn't weight drained and Moscow isn't Vitali's hometown.
                but he was wrongfully not allowed to continue and was robbed of is shot

Comment

No, Ward is just that much better. IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr LarryX View Post
                    but he was wrongfully not allowed to continue and was robbed of is shot
                    He lost every minute of every round, and had a nasty cut.

He had no hope of winning whatsoever, and you know that.

Comment

Working...
                    X