Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Floyd found a way to get into Ortiz's head?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
    Isnt this usually his plan for most his fights? Play it safe, score points, and cruise to a UD?
    Yeah, he's not a ko artist, but a defensive wizard, and that's probably why his plan pretty much stays the same. It's worked so far.

I know Floyd is the heavy favorite and he's expected to win, but something tells me Floyd is feeling a bit uneasy right about now. From what i'm reading and seeing from his camp, he's not his usual self.
    I don't know...i might not be seeing something you are picking up on, but both him and Pac always seem to have something going on in camp. I don't know how much is fight hype or what's real.

To me, he seems ok, focused. I'm thinking, maybe he's training real hard cuz of the long lay-off, and he's getting a bit older. He don't wanna lose that 0.
    Last edited by jazluvr; 09-05-2011, 06:49 PM.

Comment

This whole idea of "Floyd gets into his opponents head" is probably the most overrated thing about him.

Comment

Originally posted by treason1 View Post
        no !!!!!!!! ortiz has faced mountain sized obstickacles all his life !!! no amount of trash talk from floydie is going to bother him !!!!! but footage of mayweathers straight right is a totally diffrent story!!!!! maidana lliteraly couldnt miss ortiz with the straight right !!! berto was catching him all day with it too !!!!! and no one has a better straight right tthan mayfeather !!!!!
        I think this is probably the way it happens, that Floyd stands up and makes Ortiz eat punches and dismantles him and leaves him broken.

But then I also know that time catches up with everyone and if Ortiz starts hard and fast he could strike jackpot and he might be one of the few people that could just do it.

Comment

floyd was rebuke by a younger fighter with his flashy burning of those monies, he is pissed that finally somebody stood up to his stupidity, victor obviously got to his head. thatll spell a big difference on fight night

Comment

Floyd's been in Victor's head since the fight was signed. Inside info- they just got Victor to stop referring to Floyd as Mr. Mayweather.

My own observation- compare the Victor you see on 24/7 and the Victor you read, being quoted from his own comfort zone, to the Victor that sat across from Floyd for the face-off.

Comment

Originally posted by bMak View Post
              Floyd's been in Victor's head since the fight was signed. Inside info- they just got Victor to stop referring to Floyd as Mr. Mayweather.

My own observation- compare the Victor you see on 24/7 and the Victor you read, being quoted from his own comfort zone, to the Victor that sat across from Floyd for the face-off.
              I dont know. I havent seen Ortiz lose composure. If anything he seems more focused and confident and the fight nears while Floyd is unusually quiet.

Comment

whatever goes up must come down, the end of his reign is now over and victor will be the one going up on top

Comment

I don't see anything Floyd says getting into his head. Like other and Victor himself have said he's seen more in his life then anyone can throw at him.

I can't see Victor winning, but if he can get on the inside and hurt Floyd we could see an upset.

Comment

Originally posted by -Jay- View Post
                    I don't see anything Floyd says getting into his head. Like other and Victor himself have said he's seen more in his life then anyone can throw at him.

I can't see Victor winning, but if he can get on the inside and hurt Floyd we could see an upset.
                    Floyd SHOULD win, but Victor is a very live underdog here. I'm curious to see what the odds will be on fight night. I have a feeling the gap will close quite a bit to maybe a 3-1

If Vic's corner is smart, they should pre warn the ref about Floyd's elbow to the neck and ducking beneath waistline like he often does.
                    Last edited by Deevel916; 09-05-2011, 08:20 PM.

Comment

Floyd is known for playing mental warfare before each one of his fights. Yet I havent seen him playing this with Ortiz. I see Ortiz actually quite confident and not letting anything bother him. Floyd is unusually quiet this close to the fight.

Anyone think maybe its Ortiz getting into Floyd's head with all the talk of how he's going to destroy Floyd and has no respect for him?

Have you been paying attention?

Comment

Working...
                      X