Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Saunders: Lemieux's Death Talk Stupid, Disrespectful to Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RedZmaja View Post
    You seem to forget that Stevens talked A LOT of trash before the fight.
    Yep, so much so that Lemieux admitted before the fight he was pissed off and wanted to take his head off (which he did). Did Curtis Stevens ever wake up from that KO? I could have sworn he has been fast asleep all this time.

Comment

Got no respect for anyone using death threats in boxing. Just shows what kind of scum human being he is. Thankfully not many idiots like him in boxing talk like that.

Comment

Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
        The thing that stood out with Lemieux was there wasn't any history between him and Stevens other than that fight.
        Except that Stevens insulted him before the fight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yglhg4hQ4pk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h32n9D3zSjs

Why the hell should Lemieux concern himself with someone that talked like this about him?

Comment

Originally posted by fullers View Post
          Got no respect for anyone using death threats in boxing. Just shows what kind of scum human being he is. Thankfully not many idiots like him in boxing talk like that.
          How about when Mike Tyson was saying "if I don't kill him it doesn't count" and things like that. And Mike is one of the most popular boxers ever.

The only reason why people dislike Lemieux is because he is a good looking man with legitimate natural KO power. He won the genetic lottery and people hate on him.

Some people are just looking for any silly reason to hate him.

Comment

wonder if Saunders is any good?

This fight might actually [prove if Saunders is actually any good at all. Saunders talks great but has yet to beat any one good. Lemieux is a credible opponent not great just legit. Let's see how BJ actually does and then let the Brit spout off. It is a great fight between two good white guys for all of boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Shontae De'marc View Post
              Yep, so much so that Lemieux admitted before the fight he was pissed off and wanted to take his head off (which he did). Did Curtis Stevens ever wake up from that KO? I could have sworn he has been fast asleep all this time.
              In Europe, not so long ago if people talked about you like Stevens talked about Lemieux you would have to challenge them to a duel to death.

Comment

Golovkin wanted to legitimately kill Stevens or at least hurt him badly after he talked trash:
                https://youtu.be/K8mDliRpmIc?t=4m8s

Comment

Look at this people criticizing David L because he made such comments. You all know he didn't literally mean that. The same happens when you get into a verbal fight with people on the street. It's not like you literally want someone to be death. Stop crying.
                  Saunders has advantage in fighting on distance but David L is not flatfooted, he's gonna rock Saunders with good shots and we will see if/how the later can take it

Comment

In boxing there is no room for compassion.

This is not badminton.

Comment

Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
                      While Stevens was down he was going around the ring standing on the ropes in each corner celebrating. I was trying to remember when another boxer did something like that and Marquez was the only one I thought of. The circumstances was a little different in that one. Marquez had 3 fights with Pacquiao where he felt he was robbed. The emotions of getting an absolute victory probably got the best of him. I don't think Marquez personally likes Pacquiao. The thing that stood out with Lemieux was there wasn't any history between him and Stevens other than that fight. I've seen Tyson show concern and sometimes he didn't but like you said that was his bipolar kicking in. That moment with Lemieux was a little off for me. This is already a brutal sport and you hate to see the humanity taken out of it completely.
                      Sergio Martinez vs paul williams 2 is another one I don't remember him checking on Williams he just started celebrating like crazy. as far as Lemieux vs stevens goes there was a lot of trash talk between the two before the fight. stevens always talks a lot of trash remember the ggg coffin thing.

Comment

Working...
                      X