BBC Sports Personality 2017

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
    Michael Schumacher
    The single greatest moment in the history of F1, British fans can only CRY seeing this video because you'll never have a legend like Schumi:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AO_abwDljUo

Schumi won the championship with an inferior Ferrari car, a legendary team. F1 was literally 10 times bigger back then than it is now when Hamilton is winning with a vastly superior car and a fake Mercedes team with no history.

British created the sport and the Germans conquered it. Even your hype job Hamilton had to get a vastly superior German car to start winning.

Comment

Originally posted by RedZmaja View Post
      Those people went there because of Schumacher and his charisma and his winning mentality, his drive for success, his understanding of the cars... Schumacher was an enigmatic and charismatic figure, larger than the sport. Hamilton has zero charisma.

Formula One was much more popular during the Schumacher era, Schumacher was a hero for everybody. No one cares about F1 anymore in this "Hamilton era". The attendance and viewing numbers have dropped significantly.

Rosberg beat Hamilton in 2016, outqualified him several times. I think even Button scored more points in 3 years him and Hamilton were together in McLaren. Hamilton is a hype job who is only rated because he's black and British just like the football player Pele. He is promoted like crazy but even still the F1 of his time can't get nearly as much popularity as it had during the Schumi era because Hamilton is no Schumacher and people know it.

Do you have any idea how big Schumacher made the F1 look? Schumacher built the entire sport to a new level. He was the highest paid athlete and earned Mayweather-level money that Hamilton can only dream of.

Also, Hamilton never raced for Ferrari. If you don't race for Ferrari you can't be a real legend of the sport. Ferrari has more fans than F1 at this point.

Comment

What stupidity - I wish I hadn't bothered. You know nothing, just a massive troll, as you have always been on here (yes I know who you are). I hope Ricciardo gets that Mercedes 2019 seat, if he does we can discuss further.
        You're just another delusional British Hamilton fan boy who still can't get over the fact that the Italo-German duo of Ferrari-Schumacher was by far the greatest thing that the Formula One has ever seen.

The numbers don't lie. Back then F1 was the second most popular sport in the world, only behind football.

No one gives a **** about the current F1, Hamilton and the fake Mercedes team with no history.

I watched F1 during the entire Schumi-Ferrari era and I saw GREATNESS. I know that the modern F1 doesn't even come close. Verstappen is the first great driver since Schumi.

This video explains perfectly what Schumi was from 7:10 on:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSpaHy93gns

Nothing will ever come close to the Schumi era... The V10 sound, the emotions, the passion...

Comment

AJ "stay humble" is nailed on to win. The BBC love diversity.

Comment

Originally posted by RedZmaja View Post
            You're just another delusional British Hamilton fan boy who still can't get over the fact that the Italo-German duo of Ferrari-Schumacher was by far the greatest thing that the Formula One has ever seen.

The numbers don't lie. Back then F1 was the second most popular sport in the world, only behind football.

No one gives a **** about the current F1, Hamilton and the fake Mercedes team with no history.

I watched F1 during the entire Schumi-Ferrari era and I saw GREATNESS. I know that the modern F1 doesn't even come close. Verstappen is the first great driver since Schumi.

This video explains perfectly what Schumi was from 7:10 on:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSpaHy93gns

Nothing will ever come close to the Schumi era... The V10 sound, the emotions, the passion...
            Ha ha I can't argue with someone who has the knowledge of an Ant and such clear bias. Plus you are a Neo-Nazi in disguise, so all those things equate to this being a debate not worth having. There are too many holes in your posts, it would take me too long, and then you could only come out with more stupidity.

I will give you a small taster though and I'm out. The era before the Schumacher era was better and from a competitive point of view MS would not have won those two championships in the Benneton had Senna still been alive. He barely scraped past Damon Hill and had to cheat to achieve it.

Fake Mercedes team with no history? Yeah ok, obviously haven't heard of Juan Manuel Fangio, only the second most successful driver in f1 history.

Numbers don't lie huh? We'll see what the numbers say once Hamilton finishes his career.

Speaking of numbers - overall F1 attendances are up as a whole, and it is THE most popular sport in the world in terms of attendance. TV figures are down, but that is only because of the fact that in most countries F1 has gone on to subscription channels rather than terrestrial tv.

I don't think anyone cares what you saw, most people care about the facts. I have listed mostly facts in this argument, your opinion matters squat. Hamilton will soon break most of Schumacher's records. I think you will be struggling to deal with that.

Verstappen might be the next Hamilton, MIGHT. Time will tell.

You forget to mention that Schumacher was beaten by Mika Hakkinen and Fernando Alonso in comparable cars, also by Villeneuve, the only top drivers during his whole first career. He shamed himself several times by cheating, and would not have won his first championship without cheating. Which he subsequently tried again and it backfired and got him kicked out of the championship. This happened multiple times throughout his career, and you talk about team orders? Michael Schumacher was Mr Team orders, he and Ferrari were fined for it! He was also regularly given superior equipment and updates before his teammate.

THE END. Go home Roger.

Comment

Fake Mercedes team with no history? Yeah ok, obviously haven't heard of Juan Manuel Fangio, only the second most successful driver in f1 history.
              That team has no connection to modern Mercedes, absolutely none. Mercedes started in 2010 when everything was bought from Brawn. Absolutely no continuity from the Fangio-era Mercedes. It's like that new fake Lotus that existed from 2010-2015.

Numbers don't lie huh? We'll see what the numbers say once Hamilton finishes his career.
              I mean the numbers of people interested in F1. F1 was 10 times as big in the Schumacher era.

The cars back then were more difficult to drive too and a driver could make the difference. Modern F1 cars are like playing a computer game. They sound like a lawn mower too.

TV figures are down, but that is only because of the fact that in most countries F1 has gone on to subscription channels rather than terrestrial tv.
              TV figures are down because hardly anyone cares about F1 anymore. During the Schumacher era it was the most popular sport besides football. Schumacher made F1 great.

Hamilton will soon break most of Schumacher's records.
              LOL. Unless Mercedes is dominant for the next 4 years no. And if Mercedes continues to win for 4 more years F1 will be so boring it will become totally irrelevant.

You forget to mention that Schumacher was beaten by Mika Hakkinen and Fernando Alonso in comparable cars, also by Villeneuve, the only top drivers during his whole first career.
              LOL you're a total noob comparing drivers in different cars. Schumacher only had a dominant car in 2002 and 2004. In all other seasons he had an inferior car. Look at how badly his teammates looked.

By your logic Hamilton and Alonso got SMOKED by Vettel in a comparable car 2010-2013 then.

This happened multiple times throughout his career, and you talk about team orders? Michael Schumacher was Mr Team orders, he and Ferrari were fined for it! He was also regularly given superior equipment and updates before his teammate.
              I talk about team orders because Hamilton's fans act like Mercedes doesn't use them.

Hamilton drove the most dominant car in F1 history which is post 2014 Mercedes. This is statistically the most dominant that any car has been over a course of 4 seasons. And it's not like this because of Hamilton because his pathetic B-level and C-level teammates Rosberg and Betas did well in that Mercedes too, even beating Hamilton many times.
              Last edited by RedZmaja; 12-14-2017, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X