Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2017, 11:12 PM #41
yankees7448 yankees7448 is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 1,533
Quoted: 1015 Post(s)
Rep Power: 7
yankees7448 has a reputation beyond reputeyankees7448 has a reputation beyond reputeyankees7448 has a reputation beyond reputeyankees7448 has a reputation beyond reputeyankees7448 has a reputation beyond reputeyankees7448 has a reputation beyond reputeyankees7448 has a reputation beyond reputeyankees7448 has a reputation beyond reputeyankees7448 has a reputation beyond reputeyankees7448 has a reputation beyond reputeyankees7448 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 50,000,000,000,000,004,194,304.00
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 50,000,000,000,000,004,194,304.00
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigStomps View Post
B itch you must of had gotten everything handed to you in a silver platter. Either that or your just a punk ass loser who expects everything handed to you..
Thats why your a little b itch!
You ever heard about working hard and fighting for what you want?? ?
There's thousands and thousands of fighters who would love to fight on prime time HBO to show the world what they've got and earn the payday. It's called sacrificing!
If your able too then you sacrifice and go for it!
You stupid mother****er!
Its called you ain't a boxer so you don't know ***** about *****.
yankees7448 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 12-08-2017, 11:15 PM #42
yankees7448 yankees7448 is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 1,533
Quoted: 1015 Post(s)
Rep Power: 7
yankees7448 has a reputation beyond reputeyankees7448 has a reputation beyond reputeyankees7448 has a reputation beyond reputeyankees7448 has a reputation beyond reputeyankees7448 has a reputation beyond reputeyankees7448 has a reputation beyond reputeyankees7448 has a reputation beyond reputeyankees7448 has a reputation beyond reputeyankees7448 has a reputation beyond reputeyankees7448 has a reputation beyond reputeyankees7448 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 50,000,000,000,000,004,194,304.00
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 50,000,000,000,000,004,194,304.00
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolpz View Post
It's not a legitimate excuse if you don't take the fight at a later date with more time to prepare.

At this point you are either part of Andrade's camp or his wife.
At this point I am just not a douche who holds Andrade to a standard no one else is being held to. Charlo fought in July this year and now won't fight again until January of 2018. No one b!tches about his inactivity. Jacobs took 8 months to fight again after his loss to GGG. No one complained.

Its called being consistent. Don't piss on a guy for choosing not to fight for a second time in less than 3 months when many other guys don't even fight half that often.
yankees7448 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 01:17 AM #43
Dasmius Shinobi Dasmius Shinobi is online now
Zenobia
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Puerto Rico
Age: 39
Posts: 169
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Rep Power: 1
Dasmius Shinobi will become famous soon enough
Points: 12,243.34
Bank: 13,828,739,378,679.87
Total Points: 13,828,739,390,923.21
I need this now! - Dasmius Shinobi Smell Good - Dasmius Shinobi PHD Thesis - Dasmius Shinobi Let's wake up! - Dasmius Shinobi I love real money - Dasmius Shinobi 
I am always lucky - Dasmius Shinobi That is more like it! - Dasmius Shinobi I have to celebrate my life victory - Dasmius Shinobi I want to party! - Dasmius Shinobi I hope this egg hatch a Gold Dragon - Dasmius Shinobi 
I like to eat healthy - Dasmius Shinobi 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Dasmius Shinobi Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Dasmius Shinobi Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dasmius Shinobi 
Default That is all nonsense

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigStomps View Post
Exactly! He likes to ramble on in all his posts about nonsense...
He clearly doesn't know WTF he's talking about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolpz View Post
I started reading a few sentences then I noticed his sig and the more I read the more I realized how bad of an idea it was to keep going.

He really lost me when he compared ATG boxing skills in Rigo, Floyd, and Ward to Lara and Andrade. Lara is a bit closer skill wise but Andrade? Guy clearly doesn't know what he's watching or talking about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigStomps View Post
You sure talk about alot of bullshet just to get your point across... And then you don't even do that!??
There should be a character limit to your posts cause you like to ramble on and on about nothing and anything... I think you just love to hear yourself talk but in this case you love to read the garbage you write.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxing Logic View Post
As a huge GGG fan myself, I'd love to see this as well. Andrade's fights so far in his career have not been very entertaining, but he showed such speed, athleticism, reflexes, length, and decent pop in his last fight that I think him against actual top, entertaining fighters who aren't scared to take the fight to him and are capable of hitting him with hurtful shots would make for very good fights.

Andrade is one of those boxers like Floyd, Lara, Rigo, etc who are extremely boring vs 99% of opponents, but who actually make for the most entertaining fights in the sport so long as you put them in with someone good enough to force them to fight. Floyd ducked all those guys so we never got to see a fight like that involving him... Lara fought only one with the right style, Angulo, who wasn't quite elite, but the style combined with Angulo's underrated ability in his prime and his huge heart made it a very good fight nonetheless, and then Lara fought one very good fighter in Canelo but who is more of a counterpuncher himself, not the right style, and didn't have the stamina to force the fight consistently either. Plus he was still green back then. And Rigo is facing his first elite, prime opponent tomorrow.

So there isn't much sample size with that group of fighters to prove my theory correct, but I am telling y'all. I mean, Andre Ward, another example. When he finally fought a top but past prime, no stamina fighter in Sergey Kovalev, it was scintillating stuff for as long as Kovalev's gas tank held up, and would have been truly epic had Ward been forced to fight rather than allowed to hold and foul. But put even a "boxer" like Ward, one of the most boring and most defensive fighters in the sport, in with someone like Kovalev, except in his prime and with the stamina to fight all 12 rounds, and then actually enforce the rules so the boxer like Ward is forced to alternate boxing-moving and actually fighting back in order to survive and win the fight, rather than being able to alternate boxing-moving and holding and fouling, which takes the fight out of the fight, and then you would have the fight of the year, maybe even fight of the decade, and that is even with a style like Ward's, let alone Andrade's which is at least much more fan friendly than Ward's.

It's true, and if someone wants to look through boxing history and find examples, I'm sure they will see that it's true, but promoters and boxing commissions just fail to realize the value of what they have, even in styles like Andrade's, if only they would matchmake correctly and enforce the damn rules, which were created this way by people much smarter than them for a REASON. George R.R. Martin is a great writer, but still you don't see him trying to edit and correct Shakespeare. Because he is smart enough to realize that Shakespeare wrote certain things a specific way for a reason, even if Martin can't talk to Shakespeare right now to ask why. Same here. John Graham Chambers wrote the Marquess of Queensbury rules the way he did for a reason, and they turned a very unpopular sport into the most popular sport on the planet. Then modern commissions started ignoring certain rules in order to help fighters who 9 times out of 10 turn out to not even be worth it financially anyway (because when will they learn, fans don't like boring defensive cheaters!), always at the expense of much more entertaining boxers who were and are much more likely to become worth it financially if only they could or could have fought on even playing fields on their rise to stardom. Now, as a result, the sport has tanked in popularity since they started doing that. ENFORCE THE MARQUESS OF QUEENSBURY RULES! NO MORE HOLDING!

So as for GGG-Andrade, I definitely want to see it, but this does bring me to my only hold up I have in saying GGG should fight him, which is the fact that he's American, he's black, he's not entertaining, he barely fights and when he does he rarely if ever fights top opponents, he can't sell tickets, and he's done nothing to bring many news fans to the sport, which means if it goes to the scorecards, all seven ingredients are there for Vegas to gift him a robbery decision over a former-USSR state boxer who fights often against the best opponents who will get in the ring with him every time in entertaining fights and who has attracted lots of new fans to boxing.

I would be worried about Max Kellerman, Roy Jones Jr, the judges and the referee all being biased towards Andrade. I would be worried even about VADA letting hypothetical potential dirty tests slip through the cracks unnoticed if Andrade were to test dirty. TO BE CLEAR, I am not saying Andrade has ever used PEDS, or would ever use PEDs, or would ever test dirty, and I have absolutely no reason to think he ever has or ever will, or that VADA would cover for him if he did. I'm just saying, Canelo and Ward's physiques BOTH transformed in very suspicious ways last year in my OPINION despite VADA testing, and VADA did not report finding anything suspicious or against the rules in their test results.

BUT, if the fight could take place on neutral ground, without Kellerman or Roy Jones Jr or the HBO producer involved who did Kovalev-Ward II last year and hid all the clear replay camera angles of the final THREE punches of the fight (not just the last one, which he/she was forced to show, but only showed one decent angle), and without any ref or judges with ANY history of favoring either the money boxer or the local boxer, then I would love to see this fight ASAP, along with GGG-Charlo, GGG-Saunders, GGG-Lara, GGG-Degale, GGG_-Jack at 170, and GGG vs the winner of the 168 WBSS tournament.
That is a entire fuck°ng bull sh°t mickey mouse article with all bias written all over it.
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
Dasmius Shinobi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 04:04 AM #44
lolpz lolpz is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,097
Quoted: 405 Post(s)
Rep Power: 12
lolpz has a reputation beyond reputelolpz has a reputation beyond reputelolpz has a reputation beyond reputelolpz has a reputation beyond reputelolpz has a reputation beyond reputelolpz has a reputation beyond reputelolpz has a reputation beyond reputelolpz has a reputation beyond reputelolpz has a reputation beyond reputelolpz has a reputation beyond reputelolpz has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 79,857.77
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 79,857.77
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankees7448 View Post
At this point I am just not a douche who holds Andrade to a standard no one else is being held to. Charlo fought in July this year and now won't fight again until January of 2018. No one b!tches about his inactivity. Jacobs took 8 months to fight again after his loss to GGG. No one complained.

Its called being consistent. Don't piss on a guy for choosing not to fight for a second time in less than 3 months when many other guys don't even fight half that often.
When you can answer me including the point that I made, then I'll take whatever you say serious. You're going in circles, going back to him not taking the fight in December.

You brought up Charlo who came off a mandatory credible opponent victory (Julian Williams) by knockout and then a moved up in weight and fought for the mandatory position for GGG's title.

Then you brought up Jacobs who defended his title against GGG and arguably won the fight, and just came back against an undefeated up and coming prospect for his comeback fight.

We're simply asking Andrade who just moved up in weight and fought a complete bum to fight Derevychenko and earn his mandatory shot for one of the titles the same way Charlo did. Jacobs already fought GGG and he's trying to EARN his way to another fight. Andrade doesn't hold a title for GGG and he's not fought anybody or made any noise to warrant a fight with GGG. The least he could do is fight for a mandatory position to get a title at 160.

It doesn't have to be in December so please stop bringing up that excuse, it can be in March, April, June, August he can take 10 months off if he wants to. I just ask him to stop calling GGG and Canelo and saying they are running from him and instead EARN his way to a fight with them the way both guys you just mentioned (Charlo and Jacobs) did. Since it seems like you personally know the guy, tell him to stop running his mouth and go fight somebody for a shot.
lolpz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 04:43 AM #45
Progrssive_Jedi Progrssive_Jedi is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: North America
Posts: 3,237
Quoted: 2272 Post(s)
Rep Power: 9
Progrssive_Jedi has a reputation beyond reputeProgrssive_Jedi has a reputation beyond reputeProgrssive_Jedi has a reputation beyond reputeProgrssive_Jedi has a reputation beyond reputeProgrssive_Jedi has a reputation beyond reputeProgrssive_Jedi has a reputation beyond reputeProgrssive_Jedi has a reputation beyond reputeProgrssive_Jedi has a reputation beyond reputeProgrssive_Jedi has a reputation beyond reputeProgrssive_Jedi has a reputation beyond reputeProgrssive_Jedi has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 250,000,000,000,000,096,468,992.00
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 250,000,000,000,000,096,468,992.00
For fighting against the haters. They will drive you insane if you do not use the ignore list! - Barcham Educator Of The Year Award - Slowhand Just picture this as GGG's - Bardock Suck on this when you cry about ggg not being a super star - Bardock Swallow one of these like you swallow ggg's semen - Bardock 
It has GGG on the side, hope you like it - Isaac Clarke 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxing Logic View Post
As a huge GGG fan myself, I'd love to see this as well. Andrade's fights so far in his career have not been very entertaining, but he showed such speed, athleticism, reflexes, length, and decent pop in his last fight that I think him against actual top, entertaining fighters who aren't scared to take the fight to him and are capable of hitting him with hurtful shots would make for very good fights.

Andrade is one of those boxers like Floyd, Lara, Rigo, etc who are extremely boring vs 99% of opponents, but who actually make for the most entertaining fights in the sport so long as you put them in with someone good enough to force them to fight. Floyd ducked all those guys so we never got to see a fight like that involving him... Lara fought only one with the right style, Angulo, who wasn't quite elite, but the style combined with Angulo's underrated ability in his prime and his huge heart made it a very good fight nonetheless, and then Lara fought one very good fighter in Canelo but who is more of a counterpuncher himself, not the right style, and didn't have the stamina to force the fight consistently either. Plus he was still green back then. And Rigo is facing his first elite, prime opponent tomorrow.

So there isn't much sample size with that group of fighters to prove my theory correct, but I am telling y'all. I mean, Andre Ward, another example. When he finally fought a top but past prime, no stamina fighter in Sergey Kovalev, it was scintillating stuff for as long as Kovalev's gas tank held up, and would have been truly epic had Ward been forced to fight rather than allowed to hold and foul. But put even a "boxer" like Ward, one of the most boring and most defensive fighters in the sport, in with someone like Kovalev, except in his prime and with the stamina to fight all 12 rounds, and then actually enforce the rules so the boxer like Ward is forced to alternate boxing-moving and actually fighting back in order to survive and win the fight, rather than being able to alternate boxing-moving and holding and fouling, which takes the fight out of the fight, and then you would have the fight of the year, maybe even fight of the decade, and that is even with a style like Ward's, let alone Andrade's which is at least much more fan friendly than Ward's.

It's true, and if someone wants to look through boxing history and find examples, I'm sure they will see that it's true, but promoters and boxing commissions just fail to realize the value of what they have, even in styles like Andrade's, if only they would matchmake correctly and enforce the damn rules, which were created this way by people much smarter than them for a REASON. George R.R. Martin is a great writer, but still you don't see him trying to edit and correct Shakespeare. Because he is smart enough to realize that Shakespeare wrote certain things a specific way for a reason, even if Martin can't talk to Shakespeare right now to ask why. Same here. John Graham Chambers wrote the Marquess of Queensbury rules the way he did for a reason, and they turned a very unpopular sport into the most popular sport on the planet. Then modern commissions started ignoring certain rules in order to help fighters who 9 times out of 10 turn out to not even be worth it financially anyway (because when will they learn, fans don't like boring defensive cheaters!), always at the expense of much more entertaining boxers who were and are much more likely to become worth it financially if only they could or could have fought on even playing fields on their rise to stardom. Now, as a result, the sport has tanked in popularity since they started doing that. ENFORCE THE MARQUESS OF QUEENSBURY RULES! NO MORE HOLDING!

So as for GGG-Andrade, I definitely want to see it, but this does bring me to my only hold up I have in saying GGG should fight him, which is the fact that he's American, he's black, he's not entertaining, he barely fights and when he does he rarely if ever fights top opponents, he can't sell tickets, and he's done nothing to bring many news fans to the sport, which means if it goes to the scorecards, all seven ingredients are there for Vegas to gift him a robbery decision over a former-USSR state boxer who fights often against the best opponents who will get in the ring with him every time in entertaining fights and who has attracted lots of new fans to boxing.

I would be worried about Max Kellerman, Roy Jones Jr, the judges and the referee all being biased towards Andrade. I would be worried even about VADA letting hypothetical potential dirty tests slip through the cracks unnoticed if Andrade were to test dirty. TO BE CLEAR, I am not saying Andrade has ever used PEDS, or would ever use PEDs, or would ever test dirty, and I have absolutely no reason to think he ever has or ever will, or that VADA would cover for him if he did. I'm just saying, Canelo and Ward's physiques BOTH transformed in very suspicious ways last year in my OPINION despite VADA testing, and VADA did not report finding anything suspicious or against the rules in their test results.

BUT, if the fight could take place on neutral ground, without Kellerman or Roy Jones Jr or the HBO producer involved who did Kovalev-Ward II last year and hid all the clear replay camera angles of the final THREE punches of the fight (not just the last one, which he/she was forced to show, but only showed one decent angle), and without any ref or judges with ANY history of favoring either the money boxer or the local boxer, then I would love to see this fight ASAP, along with GGG-Charlo, GGG-Saunders, GGG-Lara, GGG-Degale, GGG_-Jack at 170, and GGG vs the winner of the 168 WBSS tournament.
Damn I canít imagine anyone read on hate. Are you high on morphine, who writes something no one will read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip Chudd View Post
Guess we have come a long way from fans crying about nobody wanting to fight GGG, now they want to fight him and fools are still crying, smh
No ones crying. Andrade, Charlo, all didnít want to fight ggg until after they seen what they though was slowing down. Top that with themnwanting to just get the fights, itís funny. At least get a legit 160 win. GGG had to dominate the division until mud 30ís to get a fight.

Excuse me if I find it funny these guys should get treated differently just because you haters donít like ggg.
Progrssive_Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 07:15 AM #46
Derranged Derranged is offline
Ronaldo McDonald
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Planet George
Age: 36
Posts: 52,097
Quoted: 4334 Post(s)
Rep Power: 217
Derranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 100,000,000,003,109,917,032,448.00
Bank: 9,281,604,443,948,957,696.00
Total Points: 100,009,281,607,553,827,995,648.00
Shit, sorry. I mean: Happy Hanukkah! (No offence intended) - Flab Feliz Navidad - El Mustang merry christmas jew.... - dj emzz Happy Holidays bro! - led Happy holidays Mario! - led* 
Feel sweeter this Friday honey - Weltschmerz Happy Hannukkah! - led pretend it's JAB - Weltschmerz Official Queer of the Year Award - Weltschmerz Happy Birthday fine sir.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 
Have a beer,can't green you again lol - HughJass Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! You da man - Beercules Happy Holidays! - MDPopescu Happy New Year, Jew Boy - Rocky... 
Happy New Year lad!! All the best for 2016!! - Pretty Boy1 :lol1: - -jose- wut up jew? - Kuyukut cheers holmes - Mike D My bad, mate. Cheers! - .:: JSFD26 ::. 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - mangler Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Rocky... Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - !! AI-Holmes!! Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - BoxingPromoter Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - mangler 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - mangler AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - BostonGuy World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jose830 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - PorterIsFuture Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - BM dnobagaV World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - jas Childhood Cancer - jas 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aboutfkntime View Post
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.


fair call doe

yea, can't wait for tomorrow

I don't care about the " action ", not in this fight..... I wanna see skills, and how those styles mesh..... I will be more than happy to sit through a tense chess-match
Unfortunately the whole experience will be ruined by the ongoing race war on this site, so I'll probably avoid NSB for a while. Cheers.
Derranged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 07:30 AM #47
Bjl12 Bjl12 is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 2,812
Quoted: 1545 Post(s)
Rep Power: 8
Bjl12 has a reputation beyond reputeBjl12 has a reputation beyond reputeBjl12 has a reputation beyond reputeBjl12 has a reputation beyond reputeBjl12 has a reputation beyond reputeBjl12 has a reputation beyond reputeBjl12 has a reputation beyond reputeBjl12 has a reputation beyond reputeBjl12 has a reputation beyond reputeBjl12 has a reputation beyond reputeBjl12 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 100,027,786.79
Bank: 327,775,151,907.22
Total Points: 327,875,179,694.01
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxing Logic View Post
As a huge GGG fan myself, I'd love to see this as well. Andrade's fights so far in his career have not been very entertaining, but he showed such speed, athleticism, reflexes, length, and decent pop in his last fight that I think him against actual top, entertaining fighters who aren't scared to take the fight to him and are capable of hitting him with hurtful shots would make for very good fights.

Andrade is one of those boxers like Floyd, Lara, Rigo, etc who are extremely boring vs 99% of opponents, but who actually make for the most entertaining fights in the sport so long as you put them in with someone good enough to force them to fight. Floyd ducked all those guys so we never got to see a fight like that involving him... Lara fought only one with the right style, Angulo, who wasn't quite elite, but the style combined with Angulo's underrated ability in his prime and his huge heart made it a very good fight nonetheless, and then Lara fought one very good fighter in Canelo but who is more of a counterpuncher himself, not the right style, and didn't have the stamina to force the fight consistently either. Plus he was still green back then. And Rigo is facing his first elite, prime opponent tomorrow.

So there isn't much sample size with that group of fighters to prove my theory correct, but I am telling y'all. I mean, Andre Ward, another example. When he finally fought a top but past prime, no stamina fighter in Sergey Kovalev, it was scintillating stuff for as long as Kovalev's gas tank held up, and would have been truly epic had Ward been forced to fight rather than allowed to hold and foul. But put even a "boxer" like Ward, one of the most boring and most defensive fighters in the sport, in with someone like Kovalev, except in his prime and with the stamina to fight all 12 rounds, and then actually enforce the rules so the boxer like Ward is forced to alternate boxing-moving and actually fighting back in order to survive and win the fight, rather than being able to alternate boxing-moving and holding and fouling, which takes the fight out of the fight, and then you would have the fight of the year, maybe even fight of the decade, and that is even with a style like Ward's, let alone Andrade's which is at least much more fan friendly than Ward's.

It's true, and if someone wants to look through boxing history and find examples, I'm sure they will see that it's true, but promoters and boxing commissions just fail to realize the value of what they have, even in styles like Andrade's, if only they would matchmake correctly and enforce the damn rules, which were created this way by people much smarter than them for a REASON. George R.R. Martin is a great writer, but still you don't see him trying to edit and correct Shakespeare. Because he is smart enough to realize that Shakespeare wrote certain things a specific way for a reason, even if Martin can't talk to Shakespeare right now to ask why. Same here. John Graham Chambers wrote the Marquess of Queensbury rules the way he did for a reason, and they turned a very unpopular sport into the most popular sport on the planet. Then modern commissions started ignoring certain rules in order to help fighters who 9 times out of 10 turn out to not even be worth it financially anyway (because when will they learn, fans don't like boring defensive cheaters!), always at the expense of much more entertaining boxers who were and are much more likely to become worth it financially if only they could or could have fought on even playing fields on their rise to stardom. Now, as a result, the sport has tanked in popularity since they started doing that. ENFORCE THE MARQUESS OF QUEENSBURY RULES! NO MORE HOLDING!

So as for GGG-Andrade, I definitely want to see it, but this does bring me to my only hold up I have in saying GGG should fight him, which is the fact that he's American, he's black, he's not entertaining, he barely fights and when he does he rarely if ever fights top opponents, he can't sell tickets, and he's done nothing to bring many news fans to the sport, which means if it goes to the scorecards, all seven ingredients are there for Vegas to gift him a robbery decision over a former-USSR state boxer who fights often against the best opponents who will get in the ring with him every time in entertaining fights and who has attracted lots of new fans to boxing.

I would be worried about Max Kellerman, Roy Jones Jr, the judges and the referee all being biased towards Andrade. I would be worried even about VADA letting hypothetical potential dirty tests slip through the cracks unnoticed if Andrade were to test dirty. TO BE CLEAR, I am not saying Andrade has ever used PEDS, or would ever use PEDs, or would ever test dirty, and I have absolutely no reason to think he ever has or ever will, or that VADA would cover for him if he did. I'm just saying, Canelo and Ward's physiques BOTH transformed in very suspicious ways last year in my OPINION despite VADA testing, and VADA did not report finding anything suspicious or against the rules in their test results.

BUT, if the fight could take place on neutral ground, without Kellerman or Roy Jones Jr or the HBO producer involved who did Kovalev-Ward II last year and hid all the clear replay camera angles of the final THREE punches of the fight (not just the last one, which he/she was forced to show, but only showed one decent angle), and without any ref or judges with ANY history of favoring either the money boxer or the local boxer, then I would love to see this fight ASAP, along with GGG-Charlo, GGG-Saunders, GGG-Lara, GGG-Degale, GGG_-Jack at 170, and GGG vs the winner of the 168 WBSS tournament.
What an awful post lmfao
Bjl12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 08:12 AM #48
Sledgeweather17 Sledgeweather17 is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 2,728
Quoted: 1759 Post(s)
Rep Power: 9
Sledgeweather17 has a reputation beyond reputeSledgeweather17 has a reputation beyond reputeSledgeweather17 has a reputation beyond reputeSledgeweather17 has a reputation beyond reputeSledgeweather17 has a reputation beyond reputeSledgeweather17 has a reputation beyond reputeSledgeweather17 has a reputation beyond reputeSledgeweather17 has a reputation beyond reputeSledgeweather17 has a reputation beyond reputeSledgeweather17 has a reputation beyond reputeSledgeweather17 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 82,235.79
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 82,235.79
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankees7448 View Post
At this point I am just not a douche who holds Andrade to a standard no one else is being held to. Charlo fought in July this year and now won't fight again until January of 2018. No one b!tches about his inactivity. Jacobs took 8 months to fight again after his loss to GGG. No one complained.

Its called being consistent. Don't piss on a guy for choosing not to fight for a second time in less than 3 months when many other guys don't even fight half that often.
Dude Charlo didn't fight coz he was waiting on the wbc's decision about the Canelo v GGG rematch.

Soon as the wbc made their order, Charlo organised a stay busy fight.

Andrade has no excuses other than ducking.
Sledgeweather17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 08:16 AM #49
Sledgeweather17 Sledgeweather17 is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 2,728
Quoted: 1759 Post(s)
Rep Power: 9
Sledgeweather17 has a reputation beyond reputeSledgeweather17 has a reputation beyond reputeSledgeweather17 has a reputation beyond reputeSledgeweather17 has a reputation beyond reputeSledgeweather17 has a reputation beyond reputeSledgeweather17 has a reputation beyond reputeSledgeweather17 has a reputation beyond reputeSledgeweather17 has a reputation beyond reputeSledgeweather17 has a reputation beyond reputeSledgeweather17 has a reputation beyond reputeSledgeweather17 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 82,235.79
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 82,235.79
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Progrssive_Jedi View Post
Damn I canít imagine anyone read on hate. Are you high on morphine, who writes something no one will read.



No ones crying. Andrade, Charlo, all didnít want to fight ggg until after they seen what they though was slowing down. Top that with themnwanting to just get the fights, itís funny. At least get a legit 160 win. GGG had to dominate the division until mud 30ís to get a fight.

Excuse me if I find it funny these guys should get treated differently just because you haters donít like ggg.
You're lying. Charlo only moved up because he was struggling to make 154lbs. He was going to move up much earlier but everybody said he was moving up to avoid Jullian Williams, so he stayed and fought Williams and then moved up.

Also, the Juilian Willaim's fight had to be postponed because Charlo needed eye surgey. He basically fought blind when he fought Trout, half blind at least.

Soon as he finished his business he moved up. It didn't have anything to do with GGG. He is calling him out now because they in the same weight class and he is GGG's mandatory.

Andrade is a clown so I won't say nutn about him.
Sledgeweather17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 10:41 AM #50
yankees7448 yankees7448 is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 1,533
Quoted: 1015 Post(s)
Rep Power: 7
yankees7448 has a reputation beyond reputeyankees7448 has a reputation beyond reputeyankees7448 has a reputation beyond reputeyankees7448 has a reputation beyond reputeyankees7448 has a reputation beyond reputeyankees7448 has a reputation beyond reputeyankees7448 has a reputation beyond reputeyankees7448 has a reputation beyond reputeyankees7448 has a reputation beyond reputeyankees7448 has a reputation beyond reputeyankees7448 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 50,000,000,000,000,004,194,304.00
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 50,000,000,000,000,004,194,304.00
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
Dude Charlo didn't fight coz he was waiting on the wbc's decision about the Canelo v GGG rematch.
Excuses excuses. It was well known that GGG and Canelo would be working towards a rematch immediately after the first fight. Hell, Charlo fought months prior to the first GGG and Canelo fight. He could have fought any number of low threat middleweights as a stay busy fight in October or November and still be available to fight someone like Centeno in the beginning of 2018. After all, if you want Andrade to fight 2 times in three months there is no reason to think Charlo couldn't fight three times in a year. Right??? Unless of course he didn't have the confidence in his ability to keep his 0 in tact before the WBC's decision.

But you know what. Who cares about what Charlo does or why? The only thing that matters is that we are consistent with our expectations. If its ok for Charlo to sit on his a$$ for 8 months waiting for a decision from a sanctioning body then it should be ok for Andrade to decide against taking a second fight in 3 months.
yankees7448 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share This With Friends

User Tag List

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump


 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:16 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.