Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did Ward feel the need to be dirty even when he outclasses his opponent?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why did Ward feel the need to be dirty even when he outclasses his opponent?

Sirius mate. Just rewatched his fight with Kessler. Awesome boxing by Ward but at some point in the fight he went full ****** and decided he needed to go full Hopkins/Holyfield in a fight he was dominating. I mean you were clearly out boxing the guy from with your jab from the outside distance. Why would you start ducking your head and headbutt into a clinch in a fight your clearly winning. Just why!!?!??!?! Who is the master mind behind his dirty fighting tactics? Virgil Hunter? Sakio Bika.....?
    Last edited by GorillaDog; 12-03-2017, 07:46 AM.

Originally posted by Shako93 View Post
    Sirius mate. Just rewatched his fight with Kessler. Awesome boxing by Ward but at some point in the fight he went full ****** and decided he needed to go full Hopkins/Holyfield in a fight he was dominating. I mean you were clearly out boxing the guy from with your jab from the outside distance. Why would you start ducking your head and headbutt into a clinch in a fight your clearly winning. Just why!!?!??!?! Who is the master mind behind his dirty fighting tactics? Virgil Hunter? Sakio Bika.....?
    I’m a bigger fan of Kessler than I am Ward, Kessler was never really in that fight. Ward exposed Kessler as Calzaghe did, the head clashes aside Ward completely outhusseled him. It is what it is. Notice their was never any demand for a rematch.

Comment

lack of confidence, b!tch minded, cheat

Comment

cause hes not a good boxer and he has to clinch. its his version of "defense" along with ducking below the waist. better than his offense which is headbutts and low blows i suppose.

Comment

Because he is limited and without the headbutts/ dirty tactics, he isnt nearly as effective as a fighter.

If you watch Ward as a prospect, he was a Roy Jones wannabe fighting from the outside and using speed.

Once he entered super 6, his style totally changed.

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
            Because he is limited and without the headbutts/ dirty tactics, he isnt nearly as effective as a fighter.

If you watch Ward as a prospect, he was a Roy Jones wannabe fighting from the outside and using speed.

Once he entered super 6, his style totally changed.
            nah he was always a cheat. watch his olympics fights. there was one fight where he got rocked and literally held half of the fight on his way to "victory" hes always been entitled because they thouht they could turn him into another roy jones or floyd. without his main weapon the clinch or his secondary defense bendingbelow hte waist he would have been lit up because he never developed real defense based on movement, slipping, blocking, etc...a shame boxing goes to such lengths just to try and create stars

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
              nah he was always a cheat. watch his olympics fights. there was one fight where he got rocked and literally held half of the fight on his way to "victory" hes always been entitled because they thouht they could turn him into another roy jones or floyd. without his main weapon the clinch or his secondary defense bendingbelow hte waist he would have been lit up because he never developed real defense based on movement, slipping, blocking, etc...a shame boxing goes to such lengths just to try and create stars
              Well i agree. He is a B level fighter who somehow got very lucky in the game. I have no respect for Ward. He is a sht fighter in my eyes and most would disagree but i dont give a fuk.

Not only is his style dirty but he is extremely boring. I just hope he doesnt come back.

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
                Well i agree. He is a B level fighter who somehow got very lucky in the game. I have no respect for Ward. He is a sht fighter in my eyes and most would disagree but i dont give a fuk.

Not only is his style dirty but he is extremely boring. I just hope he doesnt come back.
                it was just a domino effect of corruption. it kept going and going. first they gave him the gold medal because they wanted another american star instead of some random from uzbekistan, then they gave him all home fights in the super six when everyone else only got 1, then they gifted him the kovalev fights cause they thought he was going to be a ppv star and all for nothing. he took the money and ran lmao

Comment

to make up for his lack of athleticism that doesnt enable him to get in and out like someone like floyd can

so he locks up with his opponent and wrestles

he is 1 of the most overrated boxers of the last 15 years

but hes a winner with a winning mentality

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
                    to make up for his lack of athleticism that doesnt enable him to get in and out like someone like floyd can

so he locks up with his opponent and wrestles

he is 1 of the most overrated boxers of the last 15 years

but hes a winner with a winning mentality
                    not really hes just lucky he was born into a position of privilege where he was allowed to cheat. would anyone say henry akwinande or andrew golota had a winners mentality?
                    Last edited by daggum; 12-03-2017, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X