No announcement yet.

Rio Ferdinand (futbola) to box as a professional at age of 38

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wibble View Post
    Not at all. He could make some money out of it thanks to his name, but plenty of quality boxers don't thanks to the usual boxing politics/promoters controlling the sport.
    Part of me thinks its a money grab, but who knows

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
      Part of me thinks its a money grab, but who knows
      Isn't he already well off? Does anyone think this guy is THAT popular &/or good enough at boxing to command 7 digit plus type purses coming in at 38?

I had never even heard of this guy previous to this news so I got no clue on the public perception of this guy that could translate into cash for him and whoever he joins forces with in boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
        donates a lot to charity

and has been through a lot in his personal life

i cant judge this move , dont know what is going on in his personal life and how he feels, he may feel he needs some sort of challenge for him personally, i doubt he is doin it for attention or money

i did see a gif where he tries puttin his shirt over his face and it hits him in his face and he reacts like he was hurt....after having seen that i think he probably gets knocked out vs anyone decent
        you mean when united beat man city and he was celebrating and a 10p was thrown from the crowd and it cut him and he was bleeding?

you must have missed the coin or it wasn’t a slow mo gif. it cut him and he bled.

Comment

I boxed from 10 to 18, starting at 10 was too old.

Comment

Rio Ferdinand is one of those players who was always whinging, giving the ref an ear full etc. I'd love to see him fight someone with a pulse at his natural weight. He'd get a right fooking reality check. It's obvious he's attention seeking and will likely fight some utter bum in an exhibition.

Comment

Exploiting his family tragedy's to make money. Pathetic. Disgusting. If you want to deal with your demons and grief via boxing go and have a blue collar fight don't get financially backed by a bookmaker and make a documentary in some pathetic attempt to regain relevance and make money. Disgraceful.

Comment

hope he realizes that no referee is gonna save him when he gets tagged

Comment

When is this soccer dude fighting?

Is he gonna be on some Mickey Rourke type schedule or he gonna go for real?

Comment

what weight is going to fight at?

Comment

Originally posted by Godwinson View Post
                      what weight is going to fight at?
                      Cruiserweight i heard.

Comment

Working...
                      X