No announcement yet.

USA > England At Soccer Playing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
    The thing that Yanks don't understand....because their brains aren't that developed....is that being a great "athlete" does not necessarily make you a great football player.

Being a juicehead who can run really fast or jump super dooper high or whatever it is you guys wank over doesn't count for that much in football.

It takes intelligence, creativity and improvisation to be a great footballer. Something that Yank athletes know very little about.
    Yup American knows nothing about winning at athletic competitions and sports. I mean the quadrillion gold medals in the olympics, having the best boxers in the history of planet earth, winning at everything they ever do...

Oh and mind you, with a complete VOLUNTEER group of athletes. There is no program like there was in the Communist era Soviet Union, Cuba, or East Germany.

America ****s out better athletes than the world can come up.

America! America!
    God shed his grace on thee
    And crown thy good with brotherhood
    From sea to shining sea!

Just reading that brought a tear to my eye.......

Comment

The thing that Yanks don't understand....because their brains aren't that developed....is that being a great "athlete" does not necessarily make you a great football player.

Being a juicehead who can run really fast or jump super dooper high or whatever it is you guys wank over doesn't count for that much in football.

It takes intelligence, creativity and improvisation to be a great footballer. Something that Yank athletes know very little about.
      I don't mean to join in on the troll but are you telling me if America's best were playing soccer instead of hand egg, basketball and track we wouldn't dominate? Other countries absolute best play football. If ours did as well, we'd be tops bar none.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
        I don't mean to join in on the troll but are you telling me if America's best were playing soccer instead of hand egg, basketball and track we wouldn't dominate? Other countries absolute best play football. If ours did as well, we'd be tops bar none.
        It would take you decades to catch up with global footballing culture

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
          Yup American knows nothing about winning at athletic competitions and sports. I mean the quadrillion gold medals in the olympics, having the best boxers in the history of planet earth, winning at everything they ever do...

Oh and mind you, with a complete VOLUNTEER group of athletes. There is no program like there was in the Communist era Soviet Union, Cuba, or East Germany.

America ****s out better athletes than the world can come up.

America! America!
          God shed his grace on thee
          And crown thy good with brotherhood
          From sea to shining sea!

Just reading that brought a tear to my eye.......
          Apart from Vietnam.

Comment

Yup American knows nothing about winning at athletic competitions and sports. I mean the quadrillion gold medals,in the olympics, having the best boxers in the history of planet earth, winning at everything they ever do...
            As I just explained, Football is not a purely athletic competition.

Yanks are good at sports where they're told exactly what to do with regimented and quite basic instructions.

"Run from here to there"
            "Jump over that"
            "Catch"

You're like trained dogs.

Comment

Yanks are good at sports where they're told exactly what to do with regimented and quite basic instructions.

"Run from here to there"
              "Jump over that"
              "Catch"

It's irrefutable.

Also, America has 5 times as many people........

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
                Not entirely true. England for example compete in several global sports, not just ones we play amongst ourselves.

It's a cultural thing and you can tell by the Yank's criticisms and commentary on football, that it would take them a hell of a long time to be programmed to "get it".

Like irony, it's something that you just may never catch onto.

Comment

"Run from here to there"
                  "Jump over that"
                  "Catch"

Baseball, Basketball, Football, Hockey...I mean you name it, America dominates.

And to think, Americans don't even give a **** about soccer, that's what irks you guys the most. You spend all your lives devoting yourselves to this game, and America just comes along and says,

"Oh this is a cute game, let's see if we can play it" and then beats world class teams.

Other things America says:

"Oh look at the moon, let's just go there before everyone else"

"Oh look at all these diseases, let's just cure all of them"

"Oh look at that country, let's just wipe it off the face of the planet"

"Oh look at the Olympics, let's just go over there and win every medal"

"Oh look at all this technology we just invented"

"Oh let's just start the biggest companies in the world"

Wait until America decides to make decent beer, it will be game over.....

Comment

Baseball, Basketball, Football, Hockey...I mean you name it, America dominates.

And to think, Americans don't even give a **** about soccer,
                    And the UK doesn't give a shit about the sports you just listed. Our population is absolutely dwarfed by yours. So what you're saying isn't really that impressive.

You have got to be trolling man.

Comment

LOL so much nationalism in this thread.

Comment

Working...
                      X