Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sven Ottke, Where Does He Fall in 168 History?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sven Ottke, Where Does He Fall in 168 History?

Retired at 34-0, 6 KOs as unified world champion.

Had a few controversial close decisions, never left Germany. But every time the odds were stacked he somehow won.

Had the sickest knockout of a 10-0 Anthony Mundine.

Calzaghe would have slapped de **** outa him

Comment

Much like Calzaghe, 21 title defenses mostly against unranked bums.

Very weak resume.

Comment

Greatest ever. Just ask Daggum

Comment

He falls into the ass cheeks of 168lb boxing history.

Comment

hopefully he will be forgotten, ottke was pure ****. his best fight ever was his knockout of anthony bumdine, and even then bumdine was beating him up until he got careless. ottke must have been paying off or blowing the judges of his fights, his ottke - reid was one of the worst robberies i've ever seen. ottke didn't win a single round and even got dropped by reid and still "won" a majority decision. i would have loved to seen calzaghe slap the **** out of ottke and RJJ would have knocked him out, both to lose a majority decision by Ze German judges. every time he fought a real top ranked fighter he lost, he's only undefeated because of corrupt judging

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              Much like Calzaghe, 21 title defenses mostly against unranked bums.

Very weak resume.

Exactly! Could not have said it better myself.

Comment

Ottke resume sucks...

People can bash calzaghe, but calzaghe' resume craps all over ottke's and is levels above him as a fighter

Comment

He's clearly a polarizing topic but having watched a lot of his fights i'd say he's not as bad as a lot of people say and was a good tricky boxer who was hard to beat. The Calzaghe fight definitely should've happened it would've helped both their resumes. He didn't have an exciting style, far from it, but this idea that most of his good title wins were robberies is a myth. The only fight I thought he clearly lost was against Reid (A shameful black mark on his resume) but he beat some good fighters like Brewer, Johnson, Branco, Mitchell etc and also KO'd Mundine which a lot of people are grateful for. Very similar to Calzaghe but more cautious.

Comment

Originally posted by phallus View Post
                    hopefully he will be forgotten, ottke was pure ****. his best fight ever was his knockout of anthony bumdine, and even then bumdine was beating him up until he got careless. ottke must have been paying off or blowing the judges of his fights, his ottke - reid was one of the worst robberies i've ever seen. ottke didn't win a single round and even got dropped by reid and still "won" a majority decision. i would have loved to seen calzaghe slap the **** out of ottke and RJJ would have knocked him out, both to lose a majority decision by Ze German judges. every time he fought a real top ranked fighter he lost, he's only undefeated because of corrupt judging
                    Not only bad judging, but didn't Ottke also have his own personal referee?

Comment

Working...
                    X