No announcement yet.

Lewis Ritson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lewis Ritson

Anyone watch this guys fight last night vs Robbie Barret?

Only 24yrs old now British LW champ. Looks like a vicious offensive fighter. Loved his variety and accuracy in his attacks.

On phone so cant embed if anyone wants to do the bizz for me...

https://youtu.be/Z42vEBjDKHc

First time Ive seen him and very impressed. I know he has been getting hype in the North East, HughJass you heard/seen much of him?

Cons from last night would be that he looked a bit open defensively. But it looked like, and he admitted after the fight, that he had no respect for Barretts power.

He will have to be more respectful vs other opponents even at domestic level. Him vs Masher Dodd would be great to watch.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
        Anyone watch this guys fight last night vs Robbie Barret?

Only 24yrs old now British LW champ. Looks like a vicious offensive fighter. Loved his variety and accuracy in his attacks.

On phone so cant embed if anyone wants to do the bizz for me...

https://youtu.be/Z42vEBjDKHc

First time Ive seen him and very impressed. I know he has been getting hype in the North East, HughJass you heard/seen much of him?
        He.was a bloody good amateur thats for sure Tom.Steve Wraith has always been very high on him,he's a very well known manager/promoter around our area.Lewis aint a big puncher but he makes that up with good fundamentals and steely determination as you seen Saturday night.

Comment

I was really impressed by his last fight, did not expect it to be that easy for him.

Comment

The poster Robbie Barrett is apparently devastated. As you said, Lewis Ritson vs. Sean Dodd for the British/Commonwealth would be a cracking tearup. Apparently Joe Murray is next up for a shot at the British though. He got a gift against Matty ***an in what Boxing News called an eliminator.

Comment

He really impressed me. 30 seconds in I knew Barrett had no chance. He was on another level

Comment

Originally posted by WıLL View Post
                The poster Robbie Barrett is apparently devastated. As you said, Lewis Ritson vs. Sean Dodd for the British/Commonwealth would be a cracking tearup. Apparently Joe Murray is next up for a shot at the British though. He got a gift against Matty ***an in what Boxing News called an eliminator.
                At this point I would favor Ritson.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
                  At this point I would favor Ritson.
                  Yea me too. Joe Murray ain't gunna do nuttin'. Sean Dodd is a good fighter and would make for a scrap but Lewis Ritson just looked so big and strong. He's 5'10 to Dodd's 5'7.

Comment

Possible defences to win the Lord Lonsdale belt outright: Scott Cardle, Sean Dodd, Craig Evans, Paul Hyland Jr., Joe Murray or Andy Townend. All winnable fights and with Dodd, Ritson could add the Commonwealth to his British title. Francesco Patera holds the EBU (European) title, a man who Dodd beat in a close fight last year.

It's extra sexy when a boxer gets announced as British, Commonwealth and European champion. Lewis Ritson might just have it in him to acheive such honours.

Comment

Working...
                    X