Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much of an influence did Africa have on European culture, science, math, philoso?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• this thread is pure gold five stars

Comment

• Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
      I showed you the chart. Egyptian Hieroglyphs is the parent of the Phonician script. This is a fact, not me talking, but fact. The Mesopotamians had ZERO, I repeat, ZERO influence over the Egyptians. They traded together; that's about it. Nothing more to see there.
      The Egyptian pyramids were influenced by Mesopotamian ziggurats. The concept of Mesopotamian Cuneiform writing influenced Egypt to create their hieroglyphs, the fact that they even traded indicates high level of influence. If you think Mesopotamia had zero influence on Egypt you are out of your mind.

You keep talking about Arabs and how they conquered Egypt, but they didn't conquer Egypt until a few hundred years into AD. Egypt became the first organized nation in 3000 BC or so. You're talking about 3,000 years after the Egyptians had already made their mark on the world did the Arabs touch them. The Greek's didn't conquer Egypt until 332 BC, which is a little under 3000 years after Egypt made their mark.
      Mesopotamia was the first organized nation of 3000BC or so, they pre date Egypt.

The Genesis of Greek philosophy/civilization as we know it came from Egypt. You don't need to conquer a people in order to civilize them. The fact that the Greek's recognize this, but the Western universities starting in the 1800's implemented scientific racism to hide this says all you need to know.
      You need to have a presence in a foreign nation of people in order to civilize them. There were no Egyptians in Greece, but there were Greeks in Egypt.

This is not true. Not sure why you keep restating it.
      It absolutely is true.

I repeat. The Mesopotamians had ZERO, I repeat, ZERO influence over the Egyptians.
      They taught them how to build and write.

It's true.... They paid homage
      Greeks couldnt pay homage when they didn't even exist yet lol.

Once again not true. I lost count how many Greeks I've quoted saying their philosophy and education came from years of studying in Egypt
      Name me some famous Egyptian philosophers of whom we can trace Platos, Socrates, influence from?

So that gives the 18th century European scholars the right to re-write history and erase their accomplishments so they can keep the mental status quo?
      I mean since grade school we learned about Egyptian hieroglyphs and the fact that they invented paper. And people are obsessed with Egyptian culture, pharaohs, and history. There are a ton of movies, books, and even cartoons on it. Not sure what are all these accomplishments you think were erased.

They pretty much did. Socrates taught Plato who taught Aristotle who opened up a school which in turn was allowed to do research at the Library of Alexandria which got most of their information from guess where?
      Pythagoras and many other philosophers including Thales all got their educational foundation from Egypt.
      These guys were philosophers who had some good input, but they did not influence life in Greece the way you seem to think they did. Greece was made up of many city states, many of whom had their own way of life ie Sparta who could care less what they had to say.

Democracy, the most famous contribution to the world, was invented by Cleisthenes and Pericles, neither of who had anything to do with Egypt.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
        The Egyptian pyramids were influenced by Mesopotamian ziggurats. The concept of Mesopotamian Cuneiform writing influenced Egypt to create their hieroglyphs,
        Again, they had zero influence. The fact that you're trying to compare the Mesopotamians to Egyptians like the Egyptians are to The Greek's shows your desperation.

Again, Zero influence man. Why start lying?

the fact that they even traded indicates high level of influence.
        Based off this quote alone, you are now admitting that West Africa had an even greater influence over Europe in the 14th, 15th century

Mesopotamia was the first organized nation of 3000BC or so, they pre date Egypt.
        They were not a fully organized nation like the Egyptians. Why are you trying so hard? Why start lying all of a sudden?

You need to have a presence in a foreign nation of people in order to civilize them. There were no Egyptians in Greece, but there were Greeks in Egypt.
        Here's the quote for you again:

"How it happened that Egyptians came to the Peloponnese and what they did to make themselves kings in that part of Greece, has been chronicled by other writers: I will add nothing therefore, but proceed to mention some points which no one else has yet touched upon”
        - Herodotos, Histories, VII

They taught them how to build and write.
        I get it. You get owned in a debate so resort to lying. Got it.

Greeks couldnt pay homage when they didn't even exist yet lol.
        Are you really disputing this? I'll give you another shot

Name me some famous Egyptian philosophers of whom we can trace Platos, Socrates, influence from?
        This ladies and gentlemen is the picture of desperation

I mean since grade school we learned about Egyptian hieroglyphs and the fact that they invented paper. And people are obsessed with Egyptian culture, pharaohs, and history. There are a ton of movies, books, and even cartoons on it. Not sure what are all these accomplishments you think were erased.
        Yes, all played by White America. Stop

These guys were philosophers who had some good input, but they did not influence life in Greece the way you seem to think they did. Greece was made up of many city states, many of whom had their own way of life ie Sparta who could care less what they had to say.
        I've given you all this information and you have yet to answer this.

What makes a civilization? Surely there are certain requirements. What are they?

Greek was primitive; not what you would call an advanced civilization until they had contact with the Egyptians. Why do you refuse to believe this even when the Greeks tell you so?
        Last edited by Chollo Vista; 10-08-2017, 12:03 AM.

Comment

• Egypt yes. Anywhere else, not so much.

Even Isaac Newton attributed his findings to originate from Egypt, not Greece, although Greece is credited and taught in American schools as our base of civilization.

Comment

• The Greeks didn't even like Philosophy as a people. They overtly condemned civilization and anything that went with it. Look at records for how they treated their philosophers. They were a primitive culture by nature initially

Comment

The Greeks didn't even like Philosophy as a people. They overtly condemned civilization and anything that went with it. Look at records for how they treated their philosophers. They were a primitive culture by nature initially
              Most people aren't educated on reality so they detest anything that challenges what they've been told since 10 years old.

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                Most people aren't educated on reality so they detest anything that challenges what they've been told since 10 years old.
                Quoted for truth

It gets deeper man. There's some serious history and accomplishments from Africa that are missing from these textbooks that aren't taught in grade school.

You had German and English think tanks/institutions that literally deleted certain facts from the record all so they can push their "scientific racism" agenda to the world

I mean in a few days, I don't have to go to work because "Columbus discovered America"

Comment

Again, they had zero influence. The fact that you're trying to compare the Mesopotamians to Egyptians like the Egyptians are to The Greek's shows your desperation.

Again, Zero influence man. Why start lying?
                  I see you get upset when you're proven wrong. Ziggurats are your first pyramid type structures.

Based off this quote alone, you are now admitting that West Africa had an even greater influence over Europe in the 14th, 15th century
                  West Africa was **** in the 14th and 15th century, Europe colonized that whole land. However, That's not saying much though, they colonized much greater areas in India and China.

They were not a fully organized nation like the Egyptians. Why are you trying so hard? Why start lying all of a sudden?
                  The Mesopotamians ie Persians were much greater than the Egyptians If you ask me. They conquered and spread their influence throughout the known world, they brought Egypt to their knees as well. They effectively ended Egypt as a serious power.

Here's the quote for you again:

"How it happened that Egyptians came to the Peloponnese and what they did to make themselves kings in that part of Greece, has been chronicled by other writers: I will add nothing therefore, but proceed to mention some points which no one else has yet touched upon”
                  - Herodotos, Histories, VII
                  It's a bull**** quote with no real source. You're taking one line of one person and base a whole narrative that Egyptians somehow ruled Greece. I don't think you understand how historical studies work.

"The reliability of Herodotus is sometimes criticized when writing about Egypt. Alan B. Lloyd argues that, as a historical document, the writings of Herodotus are seriously defective, and that he was working from "inadequate sources".Nielsen writes: "Though we cannot entirely rule out the possibility of Herodotus having been in Egypt, it must be said that his narrative bears little witness to it."

I get it. You get owned in a debate so resort to lying. Got it.
                  Hard to get owned in a debate where the opponent derives most of his info from this website

http://www.africaresource.com/rasta/...d-rome-jahdey/

This ladies and gentlemen is the picture of desperation
                  You're projecting, you have no rebuttal.

What makes a civilization? Surely there are certain requirements. What are they?

Greek was primitive; not what you would call an advanced civilization until they had contact with the Egyptians. Why do you refuse to believe this even when the Greeks tell you so?
                  I know your motivations for bigging up Egypt so hard, but here is the cold hard truth. Egyptians were not black. The way Egyptians look today is how they looked thousands of years ago.

Here something else that might be discouraging to you, in the grand scheme of things Egypt is irrelevant. Europe is where the overwhelming "modern" day sciences, architecture, math, physics, all came from.

Comment

Quoted for truth

It gets deeper man. There's some serious history and accomplishments from Africa that are missing from these textbooks that aren't taught in grade school.

You had German and English think tanks/institutions that literally deleted certain facts from the record all so they can push their "scientific racism" agenda to the world

I mean in a few days, I don't have to go to work because "Columbus discovered America"
                    I think you're over looking the Eurasian migration back into Africa. As you've already proven in this thread most African contribution comes from Arabs and not actually Africans themselves. Any earlier yet very small influence very clearly comes from the Eurasians.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post

West Africa was **** in the 14th and 15th century, Europe colonized that whole land

It's 3:17 am where I'm at. I just wanted to touch in this jewel before going to bed.

If the Songhai empire, who was drenched in riches, were schit in the 14th and 15th century, then what would that make Europe during this time? It was the Africans that gave them the economic bailout.

Once upon a time, Europeans weren't even allowed access across African borders. You should be thanking the Muslims/Islam because had it not been for them, Africans would've never traded slaves, gold, ivory or any other uneven exchange items that allowed Europe out of the Dark Ages and the starved, disease riddled, feudalistic, illiterate environment they were in at the time. Columbus took to water not because he was interested in what was past the Atlantic for schit and giggles, but because Europe wasn't doing too good and needed another way

On that note, I'll touch on the rest if your misrepresentations in a bit
                      Last edited by Chollo Vista; 10-08-2017, 02:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X