Collapse
No announcement yet.

We need a new boxing video game!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't owned a console in a few years, but I'd probably get one if a good quality boxing game was released.

Comment

Originally posted by moltres. View Post
      im not sure what does better in the sales, madden which will be bought by mostly american, or fifa 'soccer' which gets loads of buys every year in the rest of the world.

fifa 18 is out this month, cause of ultimate team aswell, they make silly money for just changing a game slightly.

ea sports says they are making ufc games for now, but 2k boxing, they should be making a game if they can.

I forgot about fifa. I know it's big, but nobody i know has ever owned one. and i go back to nintendo.

In my circle it was nba,nfl,mlb,ncaa basketball and football. we may rent nhl from blockbuster.

but no soccer.

Comment

fight night champions was pretty good

but yes
        we definitely need a new game

we have a lot of new boxers that could be included in the game
        no need to recycle all the legends like usual
        but would be great to still have them
        as well as all the new fighters

Comment

[QUOTE=RussTBE;18012555]People still play? I used to play alot , last time i played about a year ago. Is there still alot of people playing or has it died down? I remember last time i played it seemed alot harder to find an opponent[/Q

Yes. There's usually only about 500-600 people online at a time. If you get on the OWC queue you can find a fight for your custom boxers in the middleweight and heavyweight division fairly quickly. Weekends are usually the best time or right after/during a big fight week. I'm usually on all day from my ps4. If I see people logged on I'll switch over and get a few private matches in. Hit me up if you have a ps3 Ceejay2k6.

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
            Who would they put in the game? Jeff Horn? Mikey Garcia? Billy Joe Saunders? Sounds exciting.
            Active Roster:
            -----------------------
            Mikey Garcia
            Terrance Crawford
            Manny Pacquiao
            Danny Garcia
            Errol Spence
            Anthony Joshua
            Wilder
            Andre Ward
            Kovalev
            Lomachenko
            Miguel Cotto
            Canelo (CoverStar with Floyd)
            GGG
            Leo Santa Cruz
            Abner Mares
            Miguel Valdez
            Jhonny Gonzalez
            Rigo
            Victor Ortiz
            etc. etc.

"Legends" Roster:
            ----------------------------
            Wladamir Klitchko
            Vitali Klitchko
            Muhammad Ali
            George Foreman
            Joe Louis
            Rocky Marciano
            Ray Robinson
            Ray Leonard
            Marvin Haggler
            Tommy Hearns
            Roberto Duran
            Jake LaMotta
            Ray Mancini
            Willie Pep
            Juan Manuel Marquez
            Marco Antonio Barrera
            Erik Morales
            Julio Cesar Chavez
            Salvador Sanchez
            Ricardo Lopez
            Mike Tyson
            Pernell Whittaker
            Shane Mosley
            Bernard Hopkins
            Oscar De La Hoya
            etc. etc.

And I want a promoter mode where you sign fighters and make big ppv cards

Comment

[QUOTE=nauti4life85;18013177]
              Originally posted by RussTBE View Post
              People still play? I used to play alot , last time i played about a year ago. Is there still alot of people playing or has it died down? I remember last time i played it seemed alot harder to find an opponent[/Q

Yes. There's usually only about 500-600 people online at a time. If you get on the OWC queue you can find a fight for your custom boxers in the middleweight and heavyweight division fairly quickly. Weekends are usually the best time or right after/during a big fight week. I'm usually on all day from my ps4. If I see people logged on I'll switch over and get a few private matches in. Hit me up if you have a ps3 Ceejay2k6.
              Sucks i sold my ps3 a while back. Want to play fight night again though, if i get it again ill hit you up for sure on here lol.

Comment

There was a petition awhile ago for a new fight. I feel like it will be a let down either way since it's been so long since the last one and they make them so infrequent. I would prefer they used current rosters instead of having nothing but last greats.

The one version you litterally had to buy or unlock active fighter but started with Ali. That's backwards as hell. They try to treat it like street fighter rather than a sports game.

There should be a feature that lets you determine how much power you throw into your shots. Of course big shots being easier to counter. It was entertaining but not yet a fully realized game.

Comment

Originally posted by RussTBE View Post
                  I spoke to EA directly and they said they are making a new fight night.
                  Who or what department told you this at EA?

Comment

Of course.....

Comment

Originally posted by hateinyaeyes32 View Post
                      It's been too long. I haven't played video games in a while, but I can't believe fight night round 4 was the last boxing game they've released! I figured theyd have something for ps4 which is what I currently own. Majorly disappointed when I found nothing!

Edit: Fight Night Champions is the last boxing game released
                      Been waiting for that for a min...Xbox1s FTW by the way......

Comment

Working...
                      X