Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you know who the REAL Lineal Middleweight Champion is? I will tell you.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time seeing this. Well done.

Comment

• This must be why IronDanHamza was poster of the year

Comment

• Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post

This must be why IronDanHamza was poster of the year
        That was 2012 I won. 5 years ago god damnit.

I got runner up this year even though I was robbed since Hougio voted for himself and won by one point

Some real slow ****ers don't even realise that this thread is a parody of Spray Resistant's thread

Comment

• Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
          Andre Ward is actually the lineal welterweight champion as well.

Felix Trinidad was the lineal champion in 1999. He moved up but you can never lose your title unless you lose it in the ring.

Trinidad lost to Hopkins who lost to Taylor who lost to Pavlik who lost to Hopkins who lost to Dawson who lost to Ward.

Andre Ward is actually the current lineal champion in 3 weight divisions.
          Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          The question on my mind is will the Dazzler be able to compete with the recent Lineal MW greats and their reigns?

Will he be able to go on a 6 year undefeated streak with Camacho did between 97-2003 with his Lineal Reign?

Will it compare it Sturms epic Lineal Reign from 08-12?

Time will tell if he'll join his name with the Middleweight greats.
          Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          Great question.

"Can you lose your Lineal Title in a fight outside your weight class"

Simple answer - YES!

Andre Ward won his Lineage at 175 whilst defending his Title at 168, weighing 168 in a fight at 168!

That's what you call greatness. History making stuff.

The best stuff in this thread

Comment

• With all this talk of whether or not Fury is the Lineal Heavyweight Champion let's take a moment to remember that Jermain Taylor is STILL the Lineal Middleweight Champion.

Congrats to Jermain 4 years and counting.

Comment

• This is a cute thread. I'm still going to drop serious history in it....because it is loosely relative to some historical gripes of mine.

There is no lineal champion outside of the HW lineage.

It is just like p4p and HWs.

You will see these things in publications. HWs in p4p lists, even highly respected ones, and lineals from outside of HW but there is only one weight division with the history to carry the lineal title. There is one weight division whose existence inspired the creation of p4p.

Lineal is a reflection of boxing lineage. Boxing goes back as far as 686 BC, 1722, or 1888 depending on where you like your cut-off. The walker law is from the 1920s and the IBU 1910. Explain to me what MW or any weight's outside of HW's lineage has to do with how the title was transferred before the sanctioning bodies if the weight division and title to it did not even exist before the sanctioning bodies?

P4P is a promotional tool to equalize the importance of the HW champion against men who were probably better boxers than the champion but lacked to size to prove it. What is the HW champ doing on lists whose whole existence and purpose is to compare to the HW champ?

Lineal is a means to designate who would be champion if the sanctioning bodies did not take over title transfers from the champion's prerogative era. No weight division but HW has this luxury. P4P is meant to be a singular title not a list and it's meant to reflect the public's opinion on how a man not large enough to go against the HW champ would do if size was not a factor. P4P is Nonpareil Dempsey's title and it's purpose is to say Dempsey was a better boxer than Sullivan even if he can't lick Sullivan h2h. At no point can Sullivan himself be p4p can he? A few generations of bull**** and misinformation through publications later and you have lists of p4p with HW champs in them and lineals for weight division that exist after sanctioning body control.

Comment

Working...
              X