No announcement yet.

Vitali Klitschko will silence his doubters tonight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JoeyZagz View Post
    If boxing was based on a pure points system like basketball, no doubt he'd be a great fighter.

Unfortunately boxing is about WINNING fights, and winning fights against QUALITY opposition. I give Vitali credit for not letting scrubs have a chance against him. In that department he is better than Wlad and Lewis. But against top guys he has fallen short or pulled with injury(Rahman)

I think a win against Haye, Adamek, or Povetkin would put Vitali in that upper echelon of elite Heavyweights and make him a top 10 ATG. He's not proving anything by battering stationary fat guys.
    So if he beats Solis then the fight with Adamek in Poland happens and he wins that will make his legacy skyrocket for you?

Comment

Originally posted by IIG View Post
      I wonder if I'm a Vitali doubter, because I give Solis a good shot at pulling off the upset? I believe that Solis would beat every Heavyweight, outside of Vitali and Wlad, without question. He has all the tools with his phenomenal boxing skills, fast handspeed, and good power. His amateur pedigree already puts him a level above many professional fighters to me. His weight leaves something to be desired, but it looks like he worked pretty hard for this one.

Vitali has been one of my 5 favorite fighters since he put it on Lennox Lewis back in 2003. I haven't dared pick against him since, and I still won't do so today. But I do think Solis poses the biggest threat to Vitali since Lennox. It should be a tough fight, and I don't rule out the upset at all.

It's definitely his toughest fight since the comeback, but I think he rises to the occasion and shows what a class champion he is. I'm going TKO11 for VK.

Comment

Originally posted by Casual View Post
        I read many tipping Solis to pull the upset here, or a very close fight. I see otherwise, Vitali will dominate, and knock Solis out in the latter half of the fight.

Vitali Klitschko is getting older, but he is still at the top of his game. He will show that tonight, by putting on a good display.

Vitali TKO/KO in the 10'th.
        Really? How many people pick Solis to win? I'd say 95% would pick Vitali to win...then you have some wishful thinking about a Solis win. So a Vitali win isn't really silence the doubters when he's the HUGE favorite.

Comment

Working...
        X