Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Spence on Crawford Fight: We're Gonna Meet Up, Make Big Money

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
    I understand what you're saying but you used Ward v. Kovakev as an example. Ward couldn't even crack 10k in attendance in Oakland and never did good TV ratings. He just wasn't very popular in general.

Postol was a nobody and had no shot against Crawford. We all knew that.

I think this fight is different. I could see 500k if these guys do their part and they seem to be willing based on their behavior this week l.
    Hell no lol.. dont rewrite history. That was the top dogs at 140 clashing and for a long time Bud was accused of even ducking him. even Danny Garcia was accused of avoiding Postol. you had posters here saying the winner is top 5 Pound for Pound. so it was a huge fight that we all demanded.

when Crawford was asked about the criticism of the fight being PPV he said since this is what the fans wanted to see they should pay for it.

but what the fight lacked is crossover appeal. and like I always say you can't depend on the so called "hardcore" fans who for the most part don't buy any PPV.

Comment

This can be a classic like the the oldies, Leonard vs Hearns etc...... as y’all well know !

What I want to put out there is:

HANG THE PROMOTERS IF THEY WAIT TOO LONG !!!

Comment

"Focus on your fight or you might not get to your fight...."-Terrence Crawford. How can anyone not like Bud? The clash with Spence is going to be one for the ages. They are both oozing with confidence and have the skills to back it up. Maybe it happens late 2019.

Comment

Originally posted by Illmatic94 View Post
          Hell no lol.. dont rewrite history. That was the top dogs at 140 clashing and for a long time Bud was accused of even ducking him. even Danny Garcia was accused of avoiding Postol. you had posters here saying the winner is top 5 Pound for Pound. so it was a huge fight that we all demanded.

when Crawford was asked about the criticism of the fight being PPV he said since this is what the fans wanted to see they should pay for it.

but what the fight lacked is crossover appeal. and like I always say you can't depend on the so called "hardcore" fans who for the most part don't buy any PPV.
          Exactly right.

Comment

Big matchup for fans, but not a money making fight. These guys arent stars yet. At their age, they dont have much time to make it bigger. Both will be in their 30s by the time this happens. Might end up being a letdown like Oscar vs Tito.

Comment

Errol will lose against Crawford the steroids ain’t going to help him beat him facts

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                Crawford is IMO the best P4P in the world. However, he hasn't had to fight a top level WW yet. Spence, who I think is a top 5-7 p4p in the world did defeat Brook, but followed that with Petersen and Occampo, guys that weren't highly rated.

Between the 2 of them, they've beaten Horn, Brook, Petersen and Occampo at ww. I think there are far better ww's then them that Spence and Crawford could make great fights with and prove they are the best WW's.

If you go back to Hearns Leonard they were both seen as the best as well, but they still fought top guys and eliminated them to erase any doubt.

I think Spence and Crawford doing same makes their fight a definitive fight for top ww, same as Hearns/Leonard 1.

Ideally Crawford would fight Manny and Spence would fight thurman in BIG fights that would organically create an EVENT fight between Spence and Crawford. Since Manny is scared and Thurman is "hurt" (also scared) this will not happen.
                Since Floyd wanted to duck Thurman when Thurman was his mandatory for years, and got ghost when Crawford and Spence emerged, we gotta hope one of these guys can emerge as a guy who is not only the best but pulls some casuals in the seats. Sorta like when Oscar gave Floyd his shot.

Comment

Originally posted by djtmal View Post
                  Since Floyd wanted to duck Thurman when Thurman was his mandatory for years, and got ghost when Crawford and Spence emerged, we gotta hope one of these guys can emerge as a guy who is not only the best but pulls some casuals in the seats. Sorta like when Oscar gave Floyd his shot.
                  This is a stupid post written solely out of anger because I posted Manny is scared to fight Crawford. Arum all but said the same thing late last week.

Manny is relevant to this discussion because he is still active, a top ranked WW by the WBO, and the fact that many people, including you, felt he defeated Horn. A fight between he and Crawford is natural given this and the fact they are promoted by the same man.

A win over Manny would elevate Crawford among casuals, as would a Spence win over Thurman (especially on CBS) and could make the Crawford/Spence fight happen earlier, which is the point of the thread.

Please, keep your childish, petty anger to yourself. An adult shouldn't react like this.
                  Last edited by The Big Dunn; 06-20-2018, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gillie View Post
                    "Focus on your fight or you might not get to your fight...."-Terrence Crawford. How can anyone not like Bud? The clash with Spence is going to be one for the ages. They are both oozing with confidence and have the skills to back it up. Maybe it happens late 2019.
                    Yup. Only Boxing "fans" could hate on a guy like Crawford. Humble, quiet, doesn't brag about himself or talk trash on others, family man, great in his community and extremely passionate about what he does and takes the sport very seriously. A credit to the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Illmatic94 View Post
                      Leonard was 25 and Hearns 22 when they clashed in 1981. if they were around today we would've had to wait until they were both 30+ years old.

Spence 28 Crawford 30... both are about as prime as can be.

Seems like they're both pushing the PPV angle but I honestly don't see this fight doing huge #'s like that even though I'm hoping it does.

the Ward-Kovalev flop (twice) was a harsh reminder that PPV's need to attract the casual and even non boxing fans to succeed.

Spence-Crawford belongs on ESPN or CBS. not PPV.
                      I think that's the main reason why Spence and Crawford want to build it a little more. Me personally I don't like building up to a fight I'd rather see it now lol Right now Spence and Crawford would definitely be a ESPN fight because Crawford and Spence aren't popular like Mayweather and Pac, AJ and Wilder or Canelo-GGG. So these guys know they have to build it up a little more to make it more money. Plus the loser won't take too big of a hit career wise depending on how they lose.

Comment

Working...
                      X