Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gary Russell Decisions a Game Joseph Diaz, Retains WBC Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
    Russell is very good. I just dont see anyone at that weight bearing him. Hes too active. Reminds me of a more athletic Johnny Tapia. Dude just throws combos nonstop.
    Valdez beats him.
    Last edited by WarVeteranO01; 05-20-2018, 12:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
      Leo Santa Cruz and Russell will be setting records in punches thrown and landed. Don't blink!
      Naw, lsc dont have what it takes. Russell will make lsc look like a fool.
      Last edited by WarVeteranO01; 05-20-2018, 12:44 AM.

Comment

Diaz did well early and was looking good especially when he starting going to the body but Russell turned it up a notch. A good win for him and a good learning experience for JoJo.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
          Diaz did well early and was looking good especially when he starting going to the body but Russell turned it up a notch. A good win for him and a good learning experience for JoJo.
          I called it a 8-4 Russell type of figh, I knew it, Gary is the main man at 126, and if he moves to 130 he’ll dominate there too.

Comment

Originally posted by whoseyourdaddy View Post
            I called it a 8-4 Russell type of figh, I knew it, Gary is the main man at 126, and if he moves to 130 he’ll dominate there too.
            I agree with that. I think Santa Cruz could be a problem but Russell is too quick.

Shame he'll likely not fight again for a year.

Comment

Originally posted by whoseyourdaddy View Post
              Russel is the man at 126 but 130 is to nuch for him

Comment

[QUOTE=jdp28tx;18786951]Diaz stopped fighting a winnable fight going into the 7th. Going into the 5th Russell was getting tired, he started to hold, and Diaz's punches were starting to hurt him But then Diaz stopped fighting from the 7th rd on. I guess he did not want to go thru the fire anymore even though he was being successful at it. Russell coasted from the 7th on. What a disappointing performance by Diaz.

BTW that ref was practically harassing Diaz for the most trivial bull****. Diaz fought a clean fight yet that ref kept warning him for the most mundane things, BTW none of which were against the rules.[/QUOTE
                He wasn’t getting tired in the 5th fighters will hold so they break up the body attack with him holding he’s not getting punched to the body

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                  Yeah your right. But there's not much else to learn from him?? He needs to work on that foot work He doesn't slide or move smoothly when he switches up. It's more like hitch almost like he has a bad hip???
                  He’s never been a fighter with good foot work he fights the same way since I’ve know him at 13 come forward and swing home run punches at the body, he has a good chin and good stamina . He would have been a good 15 round fighter

Comment

Great fight from both guys. These days it doesnt seem like many fights have both guys giving it their all but this fight had war written all over it from the day the match was made. Jo Jo will be champ some day. He will learn a lot. But Russell needs to fight more often.

Comment

Props to Russell I though Diaz could have done more he was really getting to Russell early but then just started following him without any punches.

Santa Cruz v Russell could go two ways either Santa Cruz overwhelms him with volume cuz Russell looks lost when pressured or he boxes Leo for 12 rds with constant movement.

Comment

Working...
                      X