Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wage growth well short of what was promised from tax reform

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is not shocking. Our own JimRaynor on here is still struggling and has not seen a wage increase and his tax cut will be negligible at best.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandmasterWang View Post
      "The latest Employment Situation report from the Bureau of Labor Statistics shows weekly employee earnings have grown $75 since tax reform passed, well short of the $4,000 to $9,000 annual increases projected by President Trump and House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.)"

Article fails. Says a raise of $75 per week..... which is basically $4k a year.
      6.21 per week.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
        It’s good to know that I can take a few days away from the lounge, only to return and see MCC and furn still not know jackshyt about economics
        Tell us the errors of their ways.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingTech718 View Post
          I think it’s still a bit early to pass judgement but if these numbers continue to hold up it just proves once again that Reaganomics doesn’t work.
          Huh??

It worked last time.

Try and keep up.

You have looked at GDP growth under Trump vs Obama, have you not?

Tell us, whose seen higher GDP growth rates, Obama or Trump?

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
            Why did you stop at the first paragraph?

During the three months following passage of the tax bill, the average American saw a $6.21 increase in average weekly earnings.
            Interesting wording.

Can you tell us when the bill was passed, and when it took effect?

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
              It’s good to know that I can take a few days away from the lounge, only to return and see MCC and furn still not know jackshyt about economics
              Some things never change.

MCC, would you be happier if instead the Government raised taxes, and thus took more of our money than before?

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
                Some things never change.

MCC, would you be happier if instead the Government raised taxes, and thus took more of our money than before?
                I'd be happier if they didn't leave us saddled with a TRILLION dollar deficit. Wouldnt you?

Comment

I'd be happier if they didn't leave us saddled with a TRILLION dollar deficit. Wouldnt you?
                  You didn't answer my question.

Please do, then you can ask me a question.

Comment

The deficit started with Bush Jr. continued with Obama, and is carrying on with Trump. What we need to worry about is our Dollar depreciation.

By 2020, the annual deficit will rise about $1 trillion.

Note that the budget debt for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2017 was only $665 billion.

Given the current projections of the CBO, the debt held by the public will rise to $28.7 trillion at the close of fiscal 2028. This total will be over 92 percent of the country’s gross domestic product. In fiscal 2018, the debt is expected to hit 78 percent of GDP.

This is not good for the value of the U. S. dollar.

The reason for this is that more and more U. S. debt is being financed by foreign investors.

A 43 percent increase in the projection for the budget deficit this year represents a major change in what the government must draw from investment sources outside the United States. And, given the other expected increases in future deficits, the amount of debt outstanding explodes.

Comment

Why did you stop at the first paragraph?
                      I read the full thing. I was pointing out that the article fails at the very start.

If they can't write/edit their article properly I won't give it credibility.

Article fails.

Comment

Working...
                      X