"Gun crimes are down to the lowest in decades."

"We gotta do something about these guns!"

Comment

• "What about the schools!"

"What about the children!"

Emo mofos.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        But AGAIN we have the ability to change it which you said the founding fathers didn't give us
        No, he said they told us the 2nd Amendment was crucial and that no free man should be denied the right to own guns.

You're making alot of strawmen argumentsand ignoring alot of posts.

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        I agree there have been a lot of reasonable gun laws. There are less of them in some places & there are always additional considerations to be made based on new information.
        And which areas have more crime, the places with strict gun laws or the places with lax gun laws?

You tell us....

We got all sorts of laws regulating things. Idk why thats suddenly a surprise to you now.
        Those things don't have an Amendment dedicated to them.

Huge difference there.

My opinion is shared by most people (D & R) in polls I've seen & among "regular" people who aren't wearing an NRA hat or some vegan with a limp wrist.
        Which doesn't address his point.

The Founders of Nazi Germany and the USSR were well liked by the populace, at least at first.

Comment

• he sounds like nothing more than a pathetic snitch. and i said this when the movement started, i agree with guns being banned(or moderated) but that this movement will attract the worst of the worst. by the time theyve finished i'll probs be siding with the gun ownerslol

Comment

• Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
            Good luck with getting the support to change the 2nd amendment

There are thousands of people dying from all sorts of ****, what does any of the teachers or whoever doing the crime have to do with me and my guns?

A lot of sensible gun regulation has already been enacted. In my state I cannot purchase a firearm unless a background check is ran on me. Next logical step is to start banning firearms. Just go ahead and admit that's what you want to do.

Wild Wild West was used as an example where and when the gun culture was much much worse than today as you claimed. Today's gun culture is a marshmallow compared to times past.

I don't want my 2nd rights infriged upon therefore that somehow equates to me Being cool with school shootings.... got it.

What does the parents incompetence have to do with me and my right to the 2nd amendment?

You have a better chance of dying from the flu than from being shot by a gun. And like Benjamin Franklin said, if you're willing to give up your freedoms and liberty for a little bit of safety then you deserve neither freedom or safety

My opinion is shared by the people who founded this country. Your opinion was shared by the founders of Soviet Union and Nazi Germany.
            How long did that take?
            Plus you could have just went to a gun show.

Comment

• Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
              he sounds like nothing more than a pathetic snitch. and i said this when the movement started, i agree with guns being banned(or moderated) but that this movement will attract the worst of the worst. by the time theyve finished i'll probs be siding with the gun ownerslol
              JimRaynor, here is one of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                "Homicides are lower than they were 40 years ago."

"Gun crimes are down to the lowest in decades."

"We gotta do something about these guns!"

You up to date on mass shootings?

Because the numbers in an incident seem to be increasing. Is that a fact?

Comment

• Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                  I consider myself an independent. Not a Rep or Conservative, but I do lean right of center.

Three things I disagree with Rep about? Well, the thing is, everyone today demands we choose sides and it has to be all or nothing at all. You can't be for something partially or half-way, if you do, neither side will respect your position. Examples:

I am pro-choice, but only if the girl is in her first trimester. I don't believe in late term or partial birth abortions. But, Libs believe in full blown right to choose even in the 9th month of pregnancy and Cons don't believe in abortion at all.

I am pro-2nd Amendment, but I don't believe the average citizen needs to own military grade weapons. AR-15's, M-60's, and similar weapons are meant for just one purpose, to kill a lot of people. They aren't hunting rifles, and they aren't the best weapons for self-defense or defending your home. There needs to be thorough background checks and no one who is on crazy meds should own a gun until a mental health professional clears them. There has to be some form of compromise on this whole gun issue.

I support environmental issues and feel we need to do as much as we can to preserve our natural resources and wildlife. Clean oceans, lakes and rivers, clean air, alternative energy sources, clean emissions, etc. But, I don't believe we should confiscate a rancher's land because of some endangered spider or frog. I do not support off-shore drilling for oil.
                  More or less in agreement with you on all 3 of those subjects. Respect.

Three examples of where I stand on some controversial issues. I don't believe we have to hold our ground and fight to the death on these issues. There should be some form of compromise. But we are so divided as a nation now that no one wants to give an inch, or else it translates to losing or selling out somehow.
                  This is the biggest problem with the whole R vs D thing. So many of these guys are all or nothing today it seems like. There is reasonable middle ground to be made on virtually any subject one can bring up, but good luck getting these guys today to try for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
                    i agree with guns being banned(or moderated)
                    Why do you want guns banned?

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                      This is the biggest problem with the whole R vs D thing. So many of these guys are all or nothing today it seems like. There is reasonable middle ground to be made on virtually any subject one can bring up, but good luck getting these guys today to try for it.
                      Actions speak louder than words, buddy.

When you come across folks who openly say they aren't an R or D, you put them on Ignore.

Don't tell us you want something, then when you see it you make sure to ignore it.

Comment

Working...
                      X