Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Usyk, Chisora Tabled For March 7 as Joshua Mandatories Unfold

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This will be good for Usyk to get some miles in heavies before facing top dogs..
    WAR USYK

Comment

Originally posted by Dariusz View Post
      We shall finally see what is Usyk worth in HW. I still claim he is overrated as hell and Chisora will KO him.
      He won all 4 of a divisions titles in on-the-road fights, then defeated bellew on the road to clean out the top of the division. I'm not sure what else he could've done to prove he was the best at the division. Name one other fighter who unified a division on the road.

And for what it's worth I'm skeptical he's a threat at heavyweight, but I do think hes the best cruiserweight we've seen for a long time.

Comment

Maybe there is more to this fight...

I thought (like most on here) AJ would fight Pulev first as an easier fight; I also thought Usyk would fight Chisora before fighting AJ re the WBO mandatory but; have AJ give up the WBO with Usyk fighting Chisora for the belt.

AJ can then come back to the WBO and or he can fight Wilder or Fury winner but only for the belts he has, as he knows he can go back to Usyk later. prevents all the belts going if he loses, but if he wins he can then go for Uysk and the WBO.

Whyte mean while remains Wilder mandatory, not a fight Wilder would want, but again all adds to Hearn's control and leverage as he can wait out the unification in order for Whyte to get a shot first.

lets see as it is all not confirmed re the 2 mandatory's if WBO will wait for IBF.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
          9 losses, 3 by KO. Fury wasn't the only guy that handled Delboy. I'm not buying it. Brazeal may be too much for him.
          He was stopped by Fury, Haye, Whyte

I watch boxing because of guys like Chisora. I don`t care about undefeated cherry pickers.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
            Yea, it's weird to me that people don't see it. Chisora has never beaten anyone good, ever. He has a name though. It's strangely respected. But, he's just a glorified punching bag to the stars.

What is weird is people are bashing him for having 9 losses,
            and so called "boxing fans" calling him a punching bag.

Chisora is a good test for Usyk.

He doesn't have 9 losses because he's a mediocre fighter, but mainly because he's a throwback fighter who took hard fights and never ducked a challenge.

He has been robbed a solid bunch of times being the B side.

Chisora lost 4 times by SD versus hometown, A side fighters, versus Whyte, Helenius, Pulev, Kabayel.

I honestly thought he won most of those fights.

Then he took legit clear losses to Fury twice, big Klit, Haye, Whyte rematch.

Most TOP HW would get losses out of those fights.

So I'd rather take fighters like Chisora than protected undefeated hype jobs (see PBC business model).

Nothing strange in CHisora being respected, he has balls.

But it does not seem to be a value anymore in the US, you guys too busy rating PPV power.
            Last edited by BillyBoxing; 12-20-2019, 03:24 AM.

Comment

I don't like Pulev as a boxer, but for Joshua it is an easier fight than Usyk.

And Usyk needs a good HW to test the waters, so Chisora is perfect for him.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post

He doesn't have 9 losses because he's a mediocre fighter, but mainly because he's a throwback fighter who took hard fights and never ducked a challenge.

Chisora lost 4 times by SD versus hometown, A side fighters, versus Whyte, Helenius, Pulev, Kabayel.

So I'd rather take fighters like Chisora than protected undefeated hype jobs (see PBC business model).

But it does not seem to be a value anymore in the US, you guys too busy rating PPV power.
                Chisora probably beats everybody Wilder has beaten.

Comment

When people talk about a guy's courage, it's like saying an ugly girl has a good personality. Chisora has never beaten a single good fighter. Ever.

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Willowthewisp View Post
                    He won all 4 of a divisions titles in on-the-road fights, then defeated bellew on the road to clean out the top of the division. I'm not sure what else he could've done to prove he was the best at the division. Name one other fighter who unified a division on the road.

And for what it's worth I'm skeptical he's a threat at heavyweight, but I do think hes the best cruiserweight we've seen for a long time.
                    Read me carefully, please. I am never questioning Usyk as the cruiser champ. I am simply saying that he is massively overrated as a true HW. His first battle in HW sort of proved my point.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                      When people talk about a guy's courage, it's like saying an ugly girl has a good personality. Chisora has never beaten a single good fighter. Ever.

That's a very bad comparison.

Because fighters fighting everybody are rare nowadays.

Good hearthed ugly btches aren't, you know you can fck 3 of them in the week end if you check on internet lol

As far as I'm concerned, I thought he beat Whyte and Pulev.

And they are IMO, good fighters, not elite but good.

In both fights, he got SD on a Hearn card vs Whyte and in Hamburg vs Pulev.
                      You know what time it is.

I respect Del Boy because he fought tough oppo, has been in good scraps and has been screwed of his best wins.

He's a road warrior and I will never bash those kind of fighters, and they are always tough tests.

And let's take Ortiz, Wilder best win.
                      Who the F has beaten Ortiz, Jennings? Scott (like Chisora)?

So you can always bash a fighter. It's a very easy road.

I never called CHisora a world beater but you called him a walking punching bag, and I called you out on that bro.

Dude is ranked number 10 on boxrec for a reason. He's not a club journeyman.

Comment

Working...
                      X