Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dirrell's Uncle Proved Pro Boxer's Chins Are On A Different Level...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by McNulty View Post
    Leon has no power. If that was me, dude would be sleeping...chin or no chin.

Nah, power is in the abs and snap (shoulders). Only time you get power from the feet is if both feet are planted or in the case of the left hook you pivot on your left foot and your right foot is flat. Feet is secondary.
    I disagree. Can still get power without both feet planted. Pivoting a left hook while moving right increases power and thas true for the opposite as well. Throwing a right cross or straight right while moving forward INCREASES momentum/power.

Don't always need to be planted

Comment

let's not forget, dude DID NOT see that punch coming. and it was at the point of the chin.

punch you don't see is the one that KO you. and guess what..... he took it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
        I disagree. Can still get power without both feet planted. Pivoting a left hook while moving right increases power and thas true for the opposite as well. Throwing a right cross or straight right while moving forward INCREASES momentum/power.

Don't always need to be planted
        I never said they both needed to be planted you dingbat. You agreed with me --- first thing I said was power is in the abs and shoulders and feet are SECONDARY. Reading would help.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
          none of those guys are chinny. Wlad's chin is at least average.

he's never been 1 punched.

Jacobs has a good chin. he took some flush shots from GGG. and only been KOed 1 time.

like i said, most of the pros at the elite level already have good chins.

bad chin is like Amir Khan. he's the only exception to the rule.
          Jacobs got dropped by the first good shot Golovkin landed on him. Anything after can be attributed to Golovkin's shots losing their pop.

Jacobs got dropped by fighters like Mora and one punched by Pirog, which was your argument for saying that Klitschko wasn't a chinny fighter. Some people call Erislandy Lara chinny for getting dropped by Angulo, who is a fiercer puncher than both these guys. Jacob's chin falls in the "suspect" category.

As far as Klishtko goes, you could say that he never went against a fighter that had both the skills and the power to land a good one on him, especially after he adopted a safety first approach.

Comment

Originally posted by KingHippo View Post
            One has a sub par chin with world level power, the other has a iron chin and hits like a b1tch.

Who do you pick.
            I'd rather watch golf on TV and I hate golf.

Comment

Originally posted by McNulty View Post
              I never said they both needed to be planted you dingbat. You agreed with me --- first thing I said was power is in the abs and shoulders and feet are SECONDARY. Reading would help.
              +10 points for Dingbat XD XD

Comment

Working...
              X