No announcement yet.

The Ring's 2014 Awards

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
    i'm glad they acknowledged coyle/brizuela in "round of the year", that was the fight of the year imo
    I agree. Not sure if it was fight of the year, but that round. damn.

Comment

Originally posted by Andre Wardttke View Post
      Crawford travelled to Glasgow to win his belt.
      He got lucky Burns who was on the down slide after Beltran, who should have won, beats him up.

Comment

Shows you how great Hopkins is that posters are arguing a win over a 50 year old warrants them getting fighter of the year

All hail bhop

Comment

Originally posted by -KULT- View Post
          He got lucky Burns who was on the down slide after Beltran, who should have won, beats him up.
          Who got lucky? Crawford?

Comment

Originally posted by vman075 View Post
            Who got lucky? Crawford?
            No Burns. Beltran should have won.

And Crawford too. Prime Ricky Burns knock Crawford the fark out...

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
              i'm glad they acknowledged coyle/brizuela in "round of the year", that was the fight of the year imo
              Honorable mentions for Fight of the year were Crawford-Gamboa, Rodriguez Jr.-Takayama, Salido-Kokietgym, and Coyle-Brizuela.

beIN Sports Espanol aired two if the top 5 Fights of the year according to The Ring. Good on them.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                I don't agree with Kovalev for FOTY. Inoue and Crawford had more of a "complete" year. I also think Pacquiao had the best single win of the year vs. Bradley.
                But he already beat him, everyone knows that. So he gets credit for beating him again but not being robbed this time?

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                  Are they just going to blindly hand that award to Roach every year now? The guy could go 0-50 with his fighters and he'll still get Trainer of the Year, SMH.
                  Roach had a sh.it year leading up to Manny getting Ko'ed and he didn't win it.So i would say they're not going to give it to him blindly every year.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                    But he already beat him, everyone knows that. So he gets credit for beating him again but not being robbed this time?
                    Was Bradley the best fighter that suffered a loss in 2014 ?

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
                      Was Bradley the best fighter that suffered a loss in 2014 ?
                      Old Bhop is better then Bradley IMO. So no

Comment

Working...
                      X