No announcement yet.

Mayweather Ducking Perception vs. Reality

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mayweather Ducking Perception vs. Reality

I noticed every time someone talks about Floyd on his legacy everyone brings up him ducking certain fighters. I'm no fan of Floyd outside the ring, but i love watching his style. Also i don't really care if you criticize Floyd because his antics outside the ring deserve it. But i will defend him in one aspect being non-bias is him ducking. I think Floyd is in boxing more for the money, and its obvious as when he was young he called out everybody that would give him a big pay day.
    Stating he would move to 147 to fight Mosley and Delahoya when he was still at 130, prince Naseem to move up from 126.

If Floyd called them out but they didn't respond, didn't they duck him?

Oscar at 154 wasn't a cheery pick either in my opinion because Oscar ever fought Floyd back then because he was a nobody. Oscar also was the one in charge not Floyd. Oscar made Floyd move to 154 choose the glove size and ring size. The same thing Pacquiao tried to do with Floyd with the weight, ring size and gloves.

Obliviously now that Floyds on top he might take easier opponents but back then when he was at 130 to 140 i believe he would of fought all the top names that made money.

Comment

Couldn't fight Cotto in 2008 because he lived too far; but he was open to an Oscar rematch

Comment

Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post
        I noticed every time someone talks about Floyd on his legacy everyone brings up him ducking certain fighters. I'm no fan of Floyd outside the ring, but i love watching his style. Also i don't really care if you criticize Floyd because his antics outside the ring deserve it. But i will defend him in one aspect being non-bias is him ducking. I think Floyd is in boxing more for the money, and its obvious as when he was young he called out everybody that would give him a big pay day.
        Stating he would move to 147 to fight Mosley and Delahoya when he was still at 130, prince Naseem to move up from 126.

If Floyd called them out but they didn't respond, didn't they duck him?

Oscar at 154 wasn't a cheery pick either in my opinion because Oscar ever fought Floyd back then because he was a nobody. Oscar also was the one in charge not Floyd. Oscar made Floyd move to 154 choose the glove size and ring size. The same thing Pacquiao tried to do with Floyd with the weight, ring size and gloves.

Obliviously now that Floyds on top he might take easier opponents but back then when he was at 130 to 140 i believe he would of fought all the top names that made money.
        ODH, Shane, cotto and manny all did the same thing-refuse to fight floyd until it wouldn't hurt their earning potential if they lost. The only posters who question this are fans of these fighters or posters that hate floyd.

Comment

Comment

sweet science baby, pick 'em in the right time... wait for your opponents to fight and kill each other, then pick 'em.

hard work and dedication its like pickin' berry, baby!

Comment

i'm only looking for certain opponents
              i don't fight to prove who's best
              what if i lose?
              if he wanted to fight all those guys you said why didn't he offer them a fight, a contract, anything instead of empty words? he was happy to fight bums on hbo. at least with pac he tried to beat the ducking rumors to the punch by pretending to negotiate before being exposed when he got everything he wanted and still wouldn't fight. now he doesn't work with top rank lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules
                Couldn't fight Cotto in 2008 because he lived too far; but he was open to an Oscar rematch
                "He lives in Puerto Rico."

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Save your breath. Your not changing any opinions on this site. Both sides are dug in.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                    i'm only looking for certain opponents
                    i don't fight to prove who's best
                    what if i lose?
                    if he wanted to fight all those guys you said why didn't he offer them a fight, a contract, anything instead of empty words? he was happy to fight bums on hbo. at least with pac he tried to beat the ducking rumors to the punch by pretending to negotiate before being exposed when he got everything he wanted and still wouldn't fight. now he doesn't work with top rank lol.
                    Who cares what he says now the point is back then when was 23 i don't think he knew he would would be this big. Thats why the risk of moving up and fighting elite fighters was worth the reward. Same reason why a lot of fighters now want to fight Floyd the MONEY!! Every person hasn't fought some one. I think the people he would have not fought in 147 or 154 was Paul Williams and Sergio but Cotto and Pac both ducked Sergio too, he called all 3 out.
                    Same Pac who didn't fight Mosley because Mosley didn't wanna drain himself to 142.
                    Also its on youtube Roach during the Rios fight conference admitted the 1st fight was there fault to why it didn't happen. Maybe they changed there mind and Floyds avoiding now but the point is Floyd gets to much hate, i could breakdown a lot of fighters resumes of who ducked when and who.

Comment

Working...
                    X