No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin Talks Mayweather, Eyes Ward-Rodriguez Winner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JPsol View Post
    Keep in mind that Rodriguez weighs around 186 on fight night whereas GGG has never weighed above 170, so he would be fighting at the same kind of size disadvantage Mayweather was at against Canelo. I don't think Rodriguez will beat Ward, although a GGG-Rodriguez fight had been discussed last year.

It looks like GGG is having trouble finding good fights at MW, so it makes sense if he chooses to move up.
    Are you pre-making an excuse for a La Bamba fight?

Comment

Why those two? They are 168 lbers... Golovkin is not a big fighter at 160...

Once he demolishes Stevens, he should get to fight Sergio.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRealOneShot View Post
        Are you pre-making an excuse for a La Bamba fight?
        No, but those kind of size differences should be taken into account. You have to be a pretty damn good fighter to beat a live opponent that much bigger than you though. There are also a lot of people who have strongly criticized GGG for expressing interest in fighting Floyd at 154 for similar reasons.
        Last edited by JPsol; 09-21-2013, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
          Then why not pursue it , he is going the other way , Im pointing this out because I don't think GGG can make 154 and Floyd will kick his ass if he don't make 154 healthy .

Apart from that its nothing to be big noting a MW can stop a WW , your just a fanboy thinking like that , Im looking at the weights and possibilities , keep your fanboy BS out of it .
          **** you talking about fanboy BS? I'm a Floyd fan. But I'm also a realist. Floyd ain't gonna fight GGG. So it only makes sense for GGG to pursue other opportunities.

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
            **** you talking about fanboy BS? I'm a Floyd fan. But I'm also a realist. Floyd ain't gonna fight GGG. So it only makes sense for GGG to pursue other opportunities.
            The shock of the step up alone will be to much, Golovkin has never fought a fighter he wasn't a huge favorite against.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuban Linx View Post
              Why those two? They are 168 lbers... Golovkin is not a big fighter at 160...

Once he demolishes Stevens, he should get to fight Sergio.
              He's apparently having trouble getting the contenders at MW to fight him.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRealOneShot View Post
                Macklin and Rosado aren't Floyd.
                GGG is too big, too skilled, and hits too hard for Floyd. Floyd is a better fighter. But this current version of him can't deal with the package that GGG brings into the ring.

Comment

ggg golovkin makes more sense then any of these not that i think it would ever happen

Comment

Golovkin has no business thinking about Andre Ward, he has plenty of good fights at 160 to take care of, and should only go to 168 after Ward has gone to 175. Ward vs Golovkin pretty much will look like Hopkins vs Trinidad.

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
                      GGG is too big, too skilled, and hits too hard for Floyd. Floyd is a better fighter. But this current version of him can't deal with the package that GGG brings into the ring.
                      That's like thinking Erroll Spence beats Floyd because he looked beast against no hopers, this is guy whose 2nd best win got schooled by Mora, people really think Floyd is some guy.

Comment

Working...
                      X