• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Donaire wins a robbery ud

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
      SNicely done, Im happy for Rigondeaux.

But more happy as a fan. This was one of the top fights I wanted in 2013.
      Yes..me too..I remember Donaire had his face all swallow when he fought Vasquez jr and Mathebula..I expect Donaire to have both eyes close by the 8 round and be stoped in the 10 th

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
        but but the Cult of Rigo told me Rigo was going to fight for peanuts and that he wasn't overpricing himself! (Looking at you 1PunchKOPOW!) Donaire was right. Rigo was asking for too much money. My god, just imagine what he must have been asking for initially to get him down to $750k. No wonder it took so long for this to get made. Mathebula, Vasquez, and Nishioka only got paid $100k by HBO so those were easy fights to make.
        T
        hat;s all bs rigo getting paid now because top rank had to match golden boy's contract which was paying him about 350-450k a fight no matter the opponent. Like team hyde told me once, why is nonito talking about over pricing this isnt a ppv he gets what he gets based on his contract and same goes for us lol

Comment

TR showing some love to Rigo woww and he sounds like it's for real this time hes sure so i'm almost a believer again.

Comment

i hope they get tis baby signed by the end of the week

Comment

Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
              I am happy for both fighters because they really do need this type of fight - of course Donaire can go off in another direction but it's time to start making some classic matchups for the memory book. Maybe not allll action but still very tense, and it still will be very noteworthy when looking back.

Rigo his chance to continue making history of his own with his sparse record and almost immediately fighting a P4P'er, i know he's older but still some crazy stuff.

Credit to everyone who made it happen...when fighters of this caliber finally get it on, a whole series of other fights in the division open up, rivalries start up, maybe rematches and some classic fights that have these divisions have blessed up with over the years. politics aside, when TR finally pulls the trigger on some of their best fights, they really are evenly matched and anything can happen.
              Could not have said it better myself. This sort of fight will bring what 2013 and what the fans have been waiting for. 2 High-leveled fighters head to head in which, will decide who dominates the division. I've got one up with Donaire having the edge over Rigo. But, nonetheless, I expect one epic fight

Comment

So it turns out Rigo was smart to re-sign with TR.

Originally posted by flayz View Post
                Could not have said it better myself. This sort of fight will bring what 2013 and what the fans have been waiting for. 2 High-leveled fighters head to head in which, will decide who dominates the division. I've got one up with Donaire having the edge over Rigo. But, nonetheless, I expect one epic fight
                I like this matchup but the fight itself will be extremely dull. On the level of Haye/Klitschko.

Comment

Rigondeaux is a far better boxer but Donaire hits really hard and has the type of power where he mentally changes his opponent when he hits them. If Rigondeaux can avoid getting tagged heavily for 4 rounds I see him winning. I have not seen Rigondeaux get nailed yet so there are ??? about his chin but if he can take Donaire's power he will win.

Comment

Originally posted by Cubanborn87 View Post
                    T
                    hat;s all bs rigo getting paid now because top rank had to match golden boy's contract which was paying him about 350-450k a fight no matter the opponent. Like team hyde told me once, why is nonito talking about over pricing this isnt a ppv he gets what he gets based on his contract and same goes for us lol
                    HBO doesn't care what's in TR's contract with their fighters. HBO pays a license fee and TR splits it between the fighters. If HBO didn't want to pay a big enough licence fee to meet both fighter's minimum, the fight is not going to happen. If Rigo was asking for $750k-1M last year, of course that fight wasn't going to be made. Donaire would have to take a huge paycut to meet Rigo's demands. HBO is paying to showcase Donaire, not Rigo. Why should Donaire take a paycut? It makes perfect sense that Donaire is going fight Narvaez, Vasquez, Mathebula, and Nishioka over Rigo because they aren't asking for ridiculous amounts of money. Screaming duck while asking for $750k is idiotic knowing that HBO isn't paying that much. Donaire had to beat p4p guys in Darchinian and Montiel before he could get a $750k payday while Rigo feels entitled to that amount for beating Rico Ramos. It's ridiculous. Only now might the Rigo fight be possible because Donaire's profile is up for all the work he did last year so HBO is willing to cough up more dough.
                    Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 01-30-2013, 08:42 PM.

Comment

damn Donaire making over a $ million and Rigondeaux getting $750,000 that is a big big money fight for 122 pounders. I think Rigondeaux has a chance to win this fight def going to be interesting to see how the styles clash. I think Rigondeaux has a chance to beat Donaire in a much less exciting fight than Donaire-Mares but I think Mares pretty much has no chance to beat Donaire bc of his style.

Comment

Working...
                      X