Why do some boxers take weed?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same reason that non-boxers take it.....to sleep of course

Comment

there's only one reason people smoke weed (not take) and that's to get high...

Comment

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
        there's only one reason people smoke weed (not take) and that's to get high...
        thats ******ed. weed has lots of medicinal puposes and many ppl smoke for those reasons alone. the majority of ppl obviously smoke to get high but not everyone.

in addition to being wrong you didnt even answer the right question. the question isnt really why ppl smoke but why its worth it as an athlete. that has been answered already, weed in addition to being a drug is a medicine which will benefit a fighter greatly if its used properly. or they just like to smoke and dont give a ****, in chavez' case its probably the latter.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
          Is it bull**** when they say you don't get a proper sleep off weed.

I don't mean in terms of hours of sleep, but i read that it isn't the correct type of sleep whatever the hell that is.
          Lol, I used to be a pretty big pothead, and one weird thing I noticed is that once I got used to going to bed high, I stopped dreaming. Once I quit smoking, I started having crazy dreams! Then after about a month or so of quitting, my dreaming just went back to normal - dreams once or twice a week.

Comment

Yea, apparently going to bed high is bad for you as your mind needs to be cleared prior to sleep. So even though you fall asleep, it's not a proper cycle and it ends up being detrimental.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
              Yea, apparently going to bed high is bad for you as your mind needs to be cleared prior to sleep. So even though you fall asleep, it's not a proper cycle and it ends up being detrimental.
              I don't buy inot this, though.

I just think people who become potheads can't get proper sleep for a week or so while their body readjusts to being "not high."

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
                thats ******ed. weed has lots of medicinal puposes and many ppl smoke for those reasons alone. the majority of ppl obviously smoke to get high but not everyone.

in addition to being wrong you didnt even answer the right question. the question isnt really why ppl smoke but why its worth it as an athlete. that has been answered already, weed in addition to being a drug is a medicine which will benefit a fighter greatly if its used properly. or they just like to smoke and dont give a ****, in chavez' case its probably the latter.
                I used to smoke everyday (haven't smoked in 5 years) and after a fat medicinal blunt I wouldn't be able to move it will slow down my body and I would feel tired that day and the next I don't underhand how this helps a boxer...

Comment

Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
                  I don't buy inot this, though.

I just think people who become potheads can't get proper sleep for a week or so while their body readjusts to being "not high."
                  What?

It's nothing to do with going cold turkey, it happens when you go to bed high. Your brain cannot shut off and thus you don't sleep properly. When you stop smoking and try to sleep, you're not used to clearing your mind and can become irritated and restless.

Comment

Because weed is great.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
                      Is it bull**** when they say you don't get a proper sleep off weed.

I don't mean in terms of hours of sleep, but i read that it isn't the correct type of sleep whatever the hell that is.
                      It all depends.

I'm personally a firm believer that the best sleep is the most natural type, absent of any artificial substances. That even goes for weed, which is very mind altering (believe me in that I know all about it).

But, a lot of people opt for assistance when it comes to getting a good night's sleep. Marijuana is probably a more than decent option, especially if compared with narcotic sleeping pills and what not.

Comment

Working...
                      X