No announcement yet.

JAMES TONEY: "Floyd Did Nothing Wrong...I LOVED It"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jkaisen41 View Post
    I just searched for B-Hops thoughts... he is actually someone who usually speaks from the heart... and he pretty much said the same like almost every other fighter as well...

I guess there are fans who simply see it from a fan perspective... and they want to see fair sportsmanship, gentleman... and then there are fans who try to see it from the perspective of a fighter... and then there are fans who are just haters...

I guess you won't get everyone on one table... but the boxers pretty much summed up what I also thought. Doesn't mean that I'm right or the boxers are right but I feel good about my point of view

@THEREALBHOP
    BERNARD HOPKINS EX I wuld did same thing.. did u c my fight wit Elchos n pascal?

@omil25 ↑

@THEREALBHOP
    BERNARD HOPKINS EX @
    @omil25 it was a legal punch the ref said fight.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
      But would a gynnast continue his floor execises if the judges arent watching, or any sport continue if the ref isnt watching? Floyd only did that cos the ref wasnt watching, so its a foul.

Funny how the bad boy boxers defend floyd.
      Hell yeah they will continue. If the judges or ref says "lets go" and you decide not to continue doing what you're paid to do then you're stupid. It's not up to you to get the refs attention and say look at me. You are supposed to obey his cammand in the ring, which is what Floyd did. The ref said "lets go" not "touch gloves" or "hug it out".

Comment

Again, what a damn surprise......a classless, cheating scumbag defending another one...why are you posting biased articles? Of course blacks and ******s will defend the coward's act just like Mexicans and Mexican-Americans like ODLH and Marquez will defend Ortiz. We need to look at what the common people say about this, unbiased people and people with integrity.

The common people, respected boxing analysts and unbiased fans all agree that while it may have been a legal shot it is one of the cheapest and classless shot a professional boxer can ever inflict on another boxer. It is in no way an honest manner in which to win and definitely not something Mayweather, his team or his fans should be proud of.

Only blacks and ******s will be blinded and believe it's an honorary way to win.

Comment

Originally posted by -ELO- View Post
          Again, what a damn surprise......a classless, cheating scumbag defending another one...why are you posting biased articles? Of course blacks and ******s will defend the coward's act just like Mexicans and Mexican-Americans like ODLH and Marquez will defend Ortiz. We need to look at what the common people say about this, unbiased people and people with integrity.

The common people, respected boxing analysts and unbiased fans all agree that while it may have been a legal shot it is one of the cheapest and classless shot a professional boxer can ever inflict on another boxer. It is in no way an honest manner in which to win and definitely not something Mayweather, his team or his fans should be proud off.

Only blacks and ******s will be blinded and believe it's an honorary way to win.

pretty sure they will say "DEFEND YOURSELF AT ALL TIME!" it's alike a new slogan or something.

but I pretty much agree with your post

Comment

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
            Here's the thing...

Floyd goes through five weeks of 24/7 following him around.
            Floyd goes to multiple press conferences in multiple cities.
            Floyd does a Face/Off with Max Kellerman
            Floyd does countless photo-shoots.
            Floyd sits in hours and hours of media interviews
            Floyd has a two hour U-Stream workout
            Floyd has a day-before fighter meeting with the HBO broadcast team.

...and then after the fight, Merchant is in such a rush that Floyd can't take FIFTEEN SECONDS to say thank you to fans or sponsors?

What was the rush? Fans were watching since 9:00pm. The fight ended early. What was Merchant's hurry? Did he have a flight to catch?

Please explain this to me.

Merchant's snide remarks are becoming very cringeworthy.

Comment

Hahahaha got to love James toney!!! That article sums up my opinion of the fight!

Comment

Originally posted by -ELO- View Post

The common people, respected boxing analysts and unbiased fans all agree that while it may have been a legal shot it is one of the cheapest and classless shot a professional boxer can ever inflict on another boxer. It is in no way an honest manner in which to win and definitely not something Mayweather, his team or his fans should be proud of.

Explain Wolak's POV. He seems pretty white.

Comment

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
                  Explain Wolak's POV. He seems pretty white.
                  thats 1................

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
                    thats 1................
                    It only takes one to shatter you and your buddy's racist point of view. Anyway you could count on one hand the white boxers who are even popular enough for us to give a damn about their opinion. So it just makes no sense to think that way.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                      Because you dont wipe your opponent when touching gloves! Everyone boxer knows what a proper touch gloves is. For hundreds of years boxers have known it.
                      And on top of that, there is that little rule about stepping BACK (at east) ONE PACE. And for all the "protect yourself at all times" lovers, there ia also the instruction "Obey my commands at all times", and it's still being debated, by the more imtelligent posters as to whether Cortez gave permission to resume boxing or wheter his "let's go" was to the timekeeper which of course should be first BEFORE action is resumed. On top of all this mess, Cortez is supposed to make sure that when boxing is resumed, BOTH fighters must go to neutral corners not just one fighter.

Just my opinion.

So whilst it was cheap shot, for many reasons, the real cause was Cortez being so lax with his control in the ring, and Mayweather's nasty "win-at-all-costs attitude. If he had retaliated immediately after the head butt, I could have understood and even accepted that, but to do so after Ortiz had been properly penalised, and they were coming toogether in a supposedly sporting event to resume action, it was below cheap to deliberately engineer to take Ortiz by surprise in such a deceitful way.

Comment

Working...
                      X