Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

who wins? Prime roy jones or prime micheal moorer?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who wins? Prime roy jones or prime micheal moorer?

who wins and how at 175? both men were beast, with real power. im torn.... ur thoughts?
    jones-ko
    30.00%
    jones-decision
    50.00%
    moorer-ko
    20.00%
    moorer-decision
    0.00%

Roy Jones even though i loved Moorer when he fought ,saw damn near everyone of his fights.

Comment

Heres one for you Prime Jones or Moorer against Evander at cruiserweight.

I take Evander there.

Comment

Moorer had the style and stance to trouble Jones, Moorer was a tall, big light heavyweight with huge power in both hands and had a great jab, he was also a southpaw. The tall southpaws who know how to use range, gave Jones trouble, even at his best. Jones' speed, athleticism and awkwardness would have given Moorer a lot of trouble too so it's a tough fight to call, Jones had trouble getting off his shots against those types of southpaws though. If Jones can avoid Moorer's big shots for 12 rounds, then I think he wins a competitve decision, somewhere along the lines of 116-112, but if Moorer lands a big shot, which is definitely not out of the question, he knocks Jones out.

Comment

Jones could KO Moorer he had deceptive power in his prime.

Comment

Originally posted by Silencers View Post
            Moorer had the style and stance to trouble Jones, Moorer was a tall, big light heavyweight with huge power in both hands and had a great jab, he was also a southpaw. The tall southpaws who know how to use range, gave Jones trouble, even at his best. Jones' speed, athleticism and awkwardness would have given Moorer a lot of trouble too so it's a tough fight to call, Jones had trouble getting off his shots against those types of southpaws though. If Jones can avoid Moorer's big shots for 12 rounds, then I think he wins a competitve decision, somewhere along the lines of 116-112, but if Moorer lands a big shot, which is definitely not out of the question, he knocks Jones out.
            however, stats shoe that southpaws land much less than Orthodox fighters against jones, while roy was able to land about the same.....

Comment

Originally posted by mr.raines21 View Post
              however, stats shoe that southpaws land much less than Orthodox fighters against jones, while roy was able to land about the same.....
              Stats are deceiving, just look at the fights, he didn't look nearly as comfortable fighting southpaws as he did fighting orthodox fighters. Del Valle knocked him down, Harding gave him possibly his toughest defense between the first Griffin fight and the Tarver fight, he didn't look that comfortable against Harmon even though he won every round and obviously Tarver gave him hell and knocked him out, past prime or not. He didn't look nearly as spectacular when he was fighting southpaws compared to when he fought orthodox fighters.

Comment

Stats are deceiving, just look at the fights, he didn't look nearly as comfortable fighting southpaws as he did fighting orthodox fighters. Del Valle knocked him down, Harding gave him possibly his toughest defense between the first Griffin fight and the Tarver fight, he didn't look that comfortable against Harmon even though he won every round and obviously Tarver gave him hell and knocked him out, past prime or not. He didn't look nearly as spectacular when he was fighting southpaws compared to when he fought orthodox fighters.
                yea i hear u. but man stats dont lie, and jones was smart. im sure he wouldve made it his business not to get hit by moorer

Comment

Originally posted by mr.raines21 View Post
                  yea i hear u. but man stats dont lie, and jones was smart. im sure he wouldve made it his business not to get hit by moorer
                  I'm sure that would have been his gameplan but I'm not sure if he could so it for 12 rounds.

Comment

I'm sure that would have been his gameplan but I'm not sure if he could so it for 12 rounds.
                    its really a pity because moorer didnt have to move up. he could have fought jones in 94 instead of getting ktfo by foreman

Comment

Working...
                    X