Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rigondaeux turning down the Lomachenko fight came back to haunt him.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BreWall View Post
    And you always wonder why he's not getting as much flak as 'lil G" when he's presumably in the same "ducked" situation. I don't see anyone freaking out starting hate threads everyday about his case.

Hmmm...
    I dont see anyone making threads or any posts about him period

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
      this reminds me alot of a guy called 3xG. known to reasonable men as "little g". he did the same kind of stuff. claimed to be p4p. claimed to be avoided. then Gods son returned. Jesus. And little g tucked his meat drapes in and said "man i really wanna unify". his legacy and career will forever suffer

but thats all ok cause golovkin look caucasian right? and rigo looks like he could be slave right?
      Stop blaming race. Rigo is an excellent fighter, but he has no been or stayed active. Lomachenko agreed to the 126 lb limit, but the rigo wanted a 134 lb rehydration clause. Donaire weighed 140 in their fight, so why would 6 lbs less be demanded for lomachencho as long as he made 126?

Rigo blew it. I personally think at this point he's too old and inactive and fights nobodies. His skill is high, opponent choice is typically low.

Comment

Originally posted by Metho_4u View Post
        Stop blaming race. Rigo is an excellent fighter, but he has no been or stayed active. Lomachenko agreed to the 126 lb limit, but the rigo wanted a 134 lb rehydration clause. Donaire weighed 140 in their fight, so why would 6 lbs less be demanded for lomachencho as long as he made 126?

Rigo blew it. I personally think at this point he's too old and inactive and fights nobodies. His skill is high, opponent choice is typically low.
        Because donaire was the a side at the time. Actually Rigondeaux agreed to all the demands and signed a two fights deal with arum, the second one against nonito. lomachenko is not known as nonito was back them. He was groomed to be pacquios heir and the Cuban spoiled their plans, that is the real reason, he is not boring and matched against a come forward type of fighter, he will look great. Unless the guy gets hit real hard like adbeko did and decides to just run, fraptom, mares, st+ and quigg, they all ran away from Rigondeaux, just look at those names and tell me what kind of resume, win or lose, Rigondeaux could have...

Comment

Originally posted by garfios View Post
          Because donaire was the a side at the time. Actually Rigondeaux agreed to all the demands and signed a two fights deal with arum, the second one against nonito. lomachenko is not known as nonito was back them. He was groomed to be pacquios heir and the Cuban spoiled their plans, that is the real reason, he is not boring and matched against a come forward type of fighter, he will look great. Unless the guy gets hit real hard like adbeko did and decides to just run, fraptom, mares, st+ and quigg, they all ran away from Rigondeaux, just look at those names and tell me what kind of resume, win or lose, Rigondeaux could have...
          Rigo wouldn't be the A side here either. He did fine with a 140 lb donaire...so again I ask, why does he need a 134 lb rehydration clause? Just answer the question.

Comment

Rigo wouldn't be the A side here either. He did fine with a 140 lb donaire...so again I ask, why does he need a 134 lb rehydration clause? Just answer the question.
            why don't you answer your own question? Why lomachenko needs to have 15 or 20 pounds over an old skinny boxer like Rigondeaux?

Comment

why don't you answer your own question? Why lomachenko needs to have 15 or 20 pounds over an old skinny boxer like Rigondeaux?
              Deflecting...thank you, all I needed to know.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
                When the all too talented Rigo kept on roaring to the world how he was the most avoided fighter in the 122-126 division, he was on the top 6 p4p list. Then came a guy who called his bluff (Vasyl Lomachenko)

After all his demands we're met, and was just waiting on him for confirmation so that the fight can happen, he turned it down. Why TF would you turn down a career turning fight against a fellow Olympic Gold medalist which gives you a huge amount of money?

And now that he is aging, his career is going down hill, and the guy called out his bluff, is now in 130. It's just logical to blame the guy who turned down the fight, and nnow he is crying why can't get a big fight.
                Fact is there are VERY INTELLIGENT American Cubans & Cubans BUT their pride in business does them no good. I remember on a trip to Miami, 2 different shops I went into, the Cuban workers did not care 1 bit if they lost a customer. I have a feeling the bad business dealings comes from a mix of a communist upbringing (F you pay me) and political oppression (power to the people) = BAD MIX

Comment

Rigo only has himself to blame. Had some decent momentum and a big win (Donaire) but then always negotiated like he's the A side and put on some awful fights on some good shows. You can't be at 122 demanding everybody come down to your weight and have a guy that couldn't sell out his own living room getting the lions share.

You've got to question his character and ambition because there's a reason in the last 4 years the only ranked opponent he fought was Agbeko (who was coming off two losses). Compare that to Lomachenko's ambition and level of opponents from when he's turned pro. Night and day.

Comment

Deflecting...thank you, all I needed to know.
                    Am not deflecting your question, I'm asking you another. Obviously Rigondeaux didn't want to give more size advantage to lomachenko. He is older than when he fought nonito, haven't been active and he felt things could have been a little bit more fair. And lomachenko is not the draw nonito was back then. Again, why lomachenko wants such a big weight advantage?

Comment

Am not deflecting your question, I'm asking you another. Obviously Rigondeaux didn't want to give more size advantage to lomachenko. He is older than when he fought nonito who is he to be able to dictate haven't been active and he felt things could have been a little bit more fair fair because? He hasn't been active? That's who's fault?. And lomachenko is not the draw nonito was back then. No, but he's still the draw Again, why lomachenko wants such a big weight advantage? Lomachencho never said he wanted a big advantage, he said no to 134 lbs
                      You're also neglecting the point out lomachencho is now a 130 lb fighter, so he's got to drop the 4 lbs and then not be able to rehydrate. You're also not pointing out what rigo will weigh on fight night. He's a little guy, I get that, so maybe he should look to calling out other guys closer to his weight. Lomachenko imo should go for Garcia...it would look better on his resume, and he's not taking a step back. It would also mean more to beat a guy bigger, stronger, and skillful. I don't care for the rigo fight personally.

Comment

Working...
                      X