No announcement yet.

Ward owes me 500£

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
    You clearly know nothing about Brand, if you'd done a little bit of research instead of just boxrecing him and labeling him a bum, you would know that he was a very accomplished amateur, with a tricky style and good defence. He wasn't a bum.

It amazes me how people call fighters bums having never seen them fight, just because you've never heard of him it doesn't make him a bum. This guy had over 300 am fights and has been in the ring with guys like Alfonso Blanco, Pascal, Despaigne, Periban etc, so his pedigree is clear.
    LMFAO

are you for real?

DID YOU NOT SEE HOW ****ING BAD HE WAS?

he was LITERALLY doing some of the **** brian sutherland was doing in his prime https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VG5My-ar6V4

Comment

Sympathies mlac, sucks to lose out on that much.

I bet on the decision, won a tenner ($13). Obviously not big money but the curiosity to see Brand make it to the end made the fight watchable for me which otherwise it wouldn't have been.

Reasoning behind the bet was I figured Ward doesn't usually stop anyone, and while Ward might've got this guy out at 168, the extra weight would give more Brand punch resistance. I wasn't certain by any means which is why I didn't put much on.

Mismatches are fun to bet big on, but betting on the KO for anyone is risky, you just never know who will be awkward. I'm probably going big on a Golovkin KO of Brook, a bona fide KO artist against a guy a couple of weight classes below and I'm even nervous about that one.
      Last edited by Weebler I; 08-07-2016, 10:29 AM.

Comment

Last time ward stopped someone it was about Sad-Chad (who came weight drained and was KOd during camp...)
        That Sad-Chad who was badly dispatched by that pimp with the first punch he actually landed (I mean at min. 1:30 into the fight)...

Comment

Originally posted by asgarth View Post
          lol what were the betting odds for a stoppage?

Ward doesnt knock people out. Chad Dawson was super drained and Paul Smith was stopped on cuts, he never hurt him, if I remember correctly.
          you don't

paul smith quit like a *****
          dawson didn't see the kd blows coming, he mustve been drained when stevenson slaughtered him at 175 too huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Spirit View Post
            you don't

dawson didn't see the kd blows coming, he mustve been drained when stevenson slaughtered him at 175 too huh?
            It was actually a corner stoppage in the 9th, they threw the white towel in while he was on the ropes.

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
              What kind of ridiculous **** carries a total E level bum for 12 rounds?

I don't actually know whats worse, missing out on winning $, or actually having to watch that embarrassing BS

he really couldn't stop this joke of a 'boxer'?

throwing single shots all goddamn night?

well done wardy you just became p4p most hated above danny the gift, congrats. you half dog half down syndrome looking, no fan mother****er "peeleft:
              My sentiments exactly I've really no idea how anyone can like Ward his fans are the worst and he really is a pretencious douchebag.

Comment

Originally posted by Spirit View Post
                you don't

Stevenson is much better than Ward that's the only reason Chad got KOed against Adonis.
                Ward took the man down to 168 didn't even offer him anything took a guy coming off good form beating Bpoop down a division lol!
                Chad Dawson is a more credible fighter than Ward ever is.

Comment

Boring Ward discussion make me fall asleep

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                    It was actually a corner stoppage in the 9th, they threw the white towel in while he was on the ropes.
                    paul smith didn't train one second for that fight. that lumpy doughboy came in so overweight, clocked in, did his best clottey impression, then clocked out when he put in enough "work", collected his big paycheck, and spent it on blow

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                      paul smith didn't train one second for that fight. that lumpy doughboy came in so overweight, clocked in, did his best clottey impression, then clocked out when he put in enough "work", collected his big paycheck, and spent it on blow
                      no doubt, but he didn't quit, he was bleeding on the ropes and taking his licks when his corner threw the towel in

Comment

Working...
                      X