No announcement yet.

Daniel Jacobs' HBO Deal?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DrHouse579 View Post
    The Truax thing is just an opportunity thing. Haymon is still Danny's advisor, Danny just no longer fights on PBC and is the first Haymon fighter to sign with HBO I believe. Truax is a Haymon fighter; why not try to poach an easy belt 8 lbs up?
    Not how it works. Haymon is not going to gift a belt to HBO.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
      Not how it works. Haymon is not going to gift a belt to HBO.
      Not about gifting anything to anyone. This is about why Danny might have mentioned moving up to 168. I simply stated the fact that Truax is connected to Jacobs through Haymon, and offered that as a reason why he might have mentioned it. Why don't you address the whole part where I said "had Degale won"... cus that's kind of the crux of my argument

Comment

Originally posted by DrHouse579 View Post
        Not about gifting anything to anyone. This is about why Danny might have mentioned moving up to 168.
        He has no good options at 168 and no good options at 160. If he waits long enough, he may get big fights at 160, if he can still make the wait. He gambled by switching sides and it's too soon to know if it'll pay off, but the talk of moving to 168 is hilarious because if he was going to wind up at 168, he never should have left PBC.

I simply stated the fact that Truax is connected to Jacobs through Haymon, and offered that as a reason why he might have mentioned it. Why don't you address the whole part where I said "had Degale won"... cus that's kind of the crux of my argument
        But the argument doesn't make any sense because Haymon controls both Truax and Degale and regardless of who holds the title, Haymon isn't going to voluntarily give it to HBO. Jacobs would have to become the mandatory and force the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
          Jacobs' thinks that the HBO deal is for 6 fights, but even then, if Jacobs wins in style, he's basically positioned to fight the loser of Alvarez-Golovkin in his next fight.
          I'm pretty sure his deal is 3 exclusively to HBO and 3 for Matchroom, Sky.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
            I thought it was 3 fights. If Canelo loses he def ain't fighting him. If GGG loses he still got the WBC and has to fight Charlo-Centeno winner.
            If Golovkin loses, the vacant belt goes to the winner of the Charlo-CentenoJr fight; this fight is being called by the WBC, even if Alvarez doesn't want the belt.

Golovkin would be belt-less, Billy Joe Saunders would likely freeze Golovkin out as he negotiates his own Alvarez fight, and the only big fight for Golovkin out there would be the Jacobs rematch in New York.

If Alvarez loses, depending on how he loses, he'd still need a big fight for Mexican Independence Day weekend, and I can't think of a fight bigger for Alvarez than returning to the ring, for his debut in the New York market, against a fighter with significant value in New York.

Comment

Originally posted by Lester Tutor View Post
              I'm pretty sure his deal is 3 exclusively to HBO and 3 for Matchroom, Sky.
              I don't know, tbh. Rozier is in video, with Boxing voice, I believe, talking about the deal actually being for 6 fights; whether that means 3 guaranteed with 3 options or 6 guaranteed fights if anyone's guess

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                If Alvarez loses, depending on how he loses, he'd still need a big fight for Mexican Independence Day weekend, and I can't think of a fight bigger for Alvarez than returning to the ring, for his debut in the New York market, against a fighter with significant value in New York.
                But if Canelo loses, why would GBP put him in with such a dangerous fighter, who they have no rights on, who doesn't even bring a belt to the table?

HBO has all of their eggs in the middleweight basket, but the problem is that Canelo is the only draw and if he's just not good enough to beat GGG, there's not much else to do with him. He's the biggest star in US boxing and GBP will find something for him, just have a hard time believing they'd go with Jacobs for his comeback fight.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
                  But if Canelo loses, why would GBP put him in with such a dangerous fighter, who they have no rights on, who doesn't even bring a belt to the table?

HBO has all of their eggs in the middleweight basket, but the problem is that Canelo is the only draw and if he's just not good enough to beat GGG, there's not much else to do with him. He's the biggest star in US boxing and GBP will find something for him, just have a hard time believing they'd go with Jacobs for his comeback fight.
                  Unless they do something off of PPV, I'm coming up with blanks as to who else Golden Boy could put in with Alvarez that'd do good business.

Because the September date is there, it's arguably the biggest date on the calendar for Golden Boy, and Alvarez is basically the only fighter that makes money for Golden Boy.

The media interest isn't really going to be there for Alvarez-Lemieux, or vs Rosado, or vs Quigley, or whatever other middleweight that Golden Boy has control over.

Unless Golden Boy would simply want to just skip the September date for Alvarez; if that were the case, Alvarez-Lemieux might work, before the end of the year and on regular HBO

Comment

I don't see a Canelo, GGG rematch or even a BJS match in his horizon.
                    Jacobs will fight the G vs Canelo winner in the fall

Comment

Did Miracle Man make the wrong decision?
                      I think he signed a 3 fight deal. So far fights with Luis Arias and rumoured with Spike O'Sullivan.

I don't see a Canelo, GGG rematch or even a BJS match in his horizon.
                      Naw I don't think so. But he needs to fight Andrade to eliminate him from the GGG-Canelo sweepstakes. As long as those guys keep fighting around each other instead of fighting each other you're leaving your destiny in the hands of the other fighter to choose who they want to fight. Fight Andrade and get him out of the way and GGG-Canelo can't pick Andrade.

Comment

Working...
                      X