Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jermall wants shot at Canelo-Jacobs winner but won’t sign in DAZN.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waiting for the WBC to strip Canelo is a fool's errand; it ain't gonna happen.
    Canelo throwing the belt would devalue the WBC more than elevate Charlo and judging by Suleiman's demeanour towards Canelo recently, I think he realises that.
    Not saying it's right and proper, far from it. Just the way it is.
    I honestly hope Charlo gets his shot, whether it's on Fox, DAZN or wherever but DAZN does appear to be the most realistic option as things stand.

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
      Why does he have to sign to DAZN to fight them?
      Jacobs- Vacant Paper Belt
      Andrade- Vacant Paper Belt

The only champ that matters is Canelo
      he is not getting a canelo shot outside of dazn, you can bookmark this...

Comment

Originally posted by bballchump11 View Post
        Jermall will be the mandatory for Canelo/Jacobs and have rights to 3 belts. Imagine if he wins and takes all 3 belts back to the PBC.
        good luck with that...

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
          No idea, tbh; looking down the current WBC ratings, Hassan N'Dam looks like the likely option.

Still, that's of less importance because Charlo is getting his WBC title shot next, vacant belt or not.

And Charlo will be a world middleweight champion, on the FOX platform, while everyone else fights in front of whomever has DAZN.
          I'd be interested in seeing if WBC has the balls to strip Canelo.

Outside of N'Dam, Derevy, and Brant, everyone who currently matters is over on DAZN. Jermall may find himself in a position similar to Lara; what's the point of having a belt if you can't attract noteworthy opponents? He'll wind up having to wait for some notable LMW (maybe Hurd) to move up.

Comment

Move to 168 nothing but PBC guys on that division

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
              I'd be interested in seeing if WBC has the balls to strip Canelo.

Outside of N'Dam, Derevy, and Brant, everyone who currently matters is over on DAZN. Jermall may find himself in a position similar to Lara; what's the point of having a belt if you can't attract noteworthy opponents? He'll wind up having to wait for some notable LMW (maybe Hurd) to move up.
              Strip Canelo or get sued, in my opinion; the WBC can't deny Golovkin's call for an immediate third fight, offer him the chance at the third fight by fighting mandatory challenger, watch Canelo burn his final voluntary on Rocky Fielding, unify the belts, and have Canelo choose to give himself another voluntary just because.

And Brant is with Top Rank, but yeah.

Basically N'Dam, Derevyanchenko-Culcay winner, Brandon Adams (winner of Contender), maybe still Willie Monroe Jr, Hurd if he comes up, and then looking for some of the younger middleweight prospects to break through (Chordale Booker, Patryk Szymanski, Aaron Cooley, etc).

And that's still with forgetting that Chris Eubank Jr is also ready to fight at 160lbs for a big fight. Or with Daniel Jacobs back in free agency in three fights.

Not the absolute best fights, but a lot of interesting fights with good style matchups, that will likely be the only middleweight title fights watched by many people, tbh.

Comment

Impossible. killakali told me Charlo is leaving. Wilder too. Along with Porter, Thurman and a bunch of others who are already gone.

Comment

Working...
                X