No announcement yet.

New Zealand Senator blames the Muslims for the Mosque attacks

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HeadBodyBodyBody View Post
    This is obviously some powerful ideology to make someone do something so drastic; dismissing someone's ideas out of hand--however repugnant--does not make the problem go away, if anything, it makes the problem worse, drives it underground, gives it fuel...

My take is that something has obviously gone very wrong, and it need examining properly. Decrying the act as evil is easy, and maybe it makes you feel better too, but it doesn't get to the root of the problem. But I get the feeling that you will only further misrepresent what I'm saying anyway... whatever
    I hear what you're saying. The thing is, I don't remember anyone trying to examine why Muslim terrorists might want to carry out terrorist attacks.

I don't know if you're American, but America has a history of carrying out heinous crimes against other countries and peoples.

Originally posted by Frederick Douglass
    Go where you may, search where you will, roam through all the monarchies and despotisms of the old world, travel through South America, search out every abuse, and when you have found the last, lay your facts by the side of the everyday practices of this nation, and you will say with me, that, for revolting barbarity and shameless hypocrisy, America reigns without a rival.

When America is hit back by immigrants or foreigners, this dialogue regarding understanding why is absent. I know this particular instance is not about America, but that's just an example. Seems odd that people want to justify or try understanding this dude's victim blaming, but there is no examination of why Muslim Terrorists do what they do. It reeks of hypocrisy and seems like an excuse to sit on one side.

And that's in lieu of how disgusting it is to victim blame in this circumstance.

Comment

Originally posted by travestyny View Post
      Man, I couldn't have said it better. I've been wanting to chime in here, but regardless of how disgusted I've felt reading through these comments, I realize that it's nothing but a lost cause.
      What is it that triggers you mate?

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
        What is it that triggers you mate?
        I just don't agree with the victim blaming. I'm surprised posters are co-signing or trying to lend understanding to it. My post above also explains a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post
          Sadly in the UK i don't think this has been the case yet.. we had 2nd/3rd generation going off to fight with ISIS.. Partly because they probably don't feel accepted. I feel like the government is mostly to blame for not forcing integration and if people refuse that.. they can go back home

Absolutely we have a decent size Indian population also in the UK and they seem far more friendly/in tune with British culture. You can't voice these kind of concerns in public however unless you want to be called a bigot and dragged through the mud

I cannot stand it that people come to another country supposedly for a better life.. then refuse to adapt and try to force there beliefs/wants on the country they migrated to.
          Fortunately, the pc’ness isn’t that widespread over here. There’s a lot of scientific research regarding the problems migrants face in order to hopefully identify and deal with these problems. It looks as if it’s a numbers thing. There’s simply to many and they pack themselves together forming their own communities outside of danish everyday life with their own norms and alienate themselves from their adeopted home country.

If they where fewer in numbers, that wouldn’t be possible and it would be easier for the state to move people in among the natives.

Comment

Originally posted by travestyny View Post
            I just don't agree with the victim blaming. I'm surprised posters are co-signing or trying to lend understanding to it. My post above also explains a bit.
            Ah ok. I kinda get it. It’s just that your (American) perspective, sometimes is quite far from a European (more nationalistic) perspective.

Comment

Ah ok. I kinda get it. It’s just that your (American) perspective, sometimes is quite far from a European (more nationalistic) perspective.
              I can certainly understand that.

Comment

The statistic was quite remarkable in it showing no significant differences whether it was immigrants from east Africa, turkey, Palestine etc. All performed very poor compared to say Asians who in some areas scored as good or even better than native Danes.

So this probably boils down to cultural differences caused by religion.
                You can't expect people who worship a violent pedophile to be very smart.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadBodyBodyBody View Post
                  This is obviously some powerful ideology to make someone do something so drastic; dismissing someone's ideas out of hand--however repugnant--does not make the problem go away, if anything, it makes the problem worse, drives it underground, gives it fuel...

My take is that something has obviously gone very wrong, and it need examining properly. Decrying the act as evil is easy, and maybe it makes you feel better too, but it doesn't get to the root of the problem. But I get the feeling that you will only further misrepresent what I'm saying anyway... whatever
                  Both of those base trolls use the strawman argument on a constant basis.

They are both best put on ignore.

Comment

The senator was assaulted, and he fought back:

The Australian senator who came under fire after he blamed Muslim immigration for Friday’s New Zealand mosque shootings was captured on video hitting a teenager who was seen breaking an egg on his head.

On Saturday, television cameras captured the moment when a 17-year-old boy, holding a phone, smashing an egg onto Anning’s head while he held a news conference in Melbourne. The senator immediately turned around and was seen striking the teenager in the face twice. The two briefly scuffled before several other men intervened. The men tackled the teen to the ground and held him in a chokehold until authorities arrived.

Source, full story:
                    https://www.foxnews.com/world/austra...r-he-was-egged

Comment

• Originally posted by HeadBodyBodyBody View Post

What ideas of his do you agree with in justification of this attack?

Comment

Working...
                      X