Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spence: "I'll walk Thurman down and probably stop him."

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying into his own hype already? He must be hanging around NSB too much.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
      Right. Garcia is a rugged warrior and Thurman made him timid. Spence will shell up or try to be too brave and not have near the chin and get put down.
      Out of the three between Thurman, Porter, and Garcia, I would pick Porter to beat spence. Spence is talented but against the face of relentless pressure that has good power and an iron chin in porter he would fold. I've seen some of his fights that forcing him on the backfoot is the best way to beat him. Spence always shells up hoping that the attacks wanes down and punches when the fighters are on "cooldown" and you would notice he would only attack when the fighters back off from the attack. But you being in the corner against Porter isn't going to cut it especially if you just shell up and have porter the range to do some of his consistent body work.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
        I don't like it either. The over confidence would either help him or would be his downfall, and the latter is most likely because of the tapes where he gets hit and pushed back.

Comment

Originally posted by Mighty_Windir View Post
          Talk after you beat Brook kid
          Brook is already talking about Thurman....

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
            Yeah, sparring where there are no real exertion of adrenaline to really test yourself. Spence has a suspect chin, he got clocked by a light hitting Lartey and didn't recover for a minute. He is going to ice Spence inside 6 rounds.
            Brook got clocked by Shenchenko....a guy that couldn't even hurt Malinaggi

He also got "clocked" by the dreaded Carson Jones.

Comment

Brook is talking about fighting Thurman.

Save some of that for him.

Comment

Originally posted by DumpkinsPlus5 View Post
                Someone who fought Spence who caught him with a good shot. Remember this is NSB, where if you EVER get caught with a good shot, your chin is made of glass
                Carson Jones and Shenchenko had Brook hula dancing

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
                  Brook is talking about fighting Thurman.

Save some of that for him.
                  Good thing this is about Spence not Brook.

Comment

Good thing this is about Spence not Brook.

I didn't see you saying that in the Brook thread where he talked about fighting Thurman.

Comment

easier said than done. spence has never been in with anyone close to thurman. im not saying spence cant beat thurman but its not gonna be as easy as he's making it out to be. thurman punches a lot harder than anymore spence has fought before.

Comment

Working...
                      X