No announcement yet.

Anybody ever hosted on Air BnB?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody ever hosted on Air BnB?

I'm going out of town for about a month. Thinking opening my home up on Air BnB while I'm gone.

1. How are the guests?

2. Any bad experiences?

3. Is the money worth some stranger being in your home?

When I travel all I use are vacation homes, if u have prime real estate or live in a tourist city and your neighborhood is good u might not have a problem because every time I go they make me pay a refundable deposit and cleaning fee

Comment

I dont know but warn them about that crackhead who wondered into your yard.

Comment

I stayed in one for a bachelor party once. We didn't break anything and cleaned up nicely. On the review thing they pointed out all of the booze containers in their garbage but were pleased with the condition of their house when they returned.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
          I dont know but warn them about that crackhead who wondered into your yard.
          Hell naw. I went and rented a cap and gown to take my profile pic. Can't scare the white folk.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
            Hell naw. I went and rented a cap and gown to take my profile pic. Can't scare the white folk.
            did you really? That's smart and hilarious

Comment

Why the fk would you let some random people stay in your house ? That's the craziest thing I've ever heard. Unless you were desperate for the money, in which case why are you on a holiday??

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                I'm going out of town for about a month. Thinking opening my home up on Air BnB while I'm gone.

1. How are the guests?
                I've only stayed in Airbnbs but I've been in houses with other guests and have seen no issues really. Everyone has been real chill and real respectful.

2. Any bad experiences?
                There is a Airbnb Reddit that discusses horror stories. I'd go check that out before making a decision if I was you. It'll probably help you avoid certain pitfalls too.

And it's worth noting that as with most of these gig economy platforms they are gonna side with the customer more often even if there side of things checks out the least.

3. Is the money worth some stranger being in your home?
                You set your own price so you can insure it's worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                  did you really? That's smart and hilarious
                  Naw I didn't but I remember reading on Twitter about black people not being able to get bookings. A couple people said they were more successful when they took pics at work, in their graduation outfits, wedding pics and stuff like that.

Comment

Originally posted by TheReadyTimeBoy View Post
                    Why the fk would you let some random people stay in your house ? That's the craziest thing I've ever heard. Unless you were desperate for the money, in which case why are you on a holiday??
                    Where I live now I don't have any family here and only casual acquaintances. Instead of paying for a house sitter or somebody to go by and check on my house somebody can pay me to houses it for me.

via GIPHY

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    I've only stayed in Airbnbs but I've been in houses with other guests and have seen no issues really. Everyone has been real chill and real respectful.

There is a Airbnb Reddit that discusses horror stories. I'd go check that out before making a decision if I was you. It'll probably help you avoid certain pitfalls too.

And it's worth noting that as with most of these gig economy platforms they are gonna side with the customer more often even if there side of things checks out the least.

You set your own price so you can insure it's worth it.
                    I'll check that out. I didn't think about them as customers and the company taking their side. That's a good point.

Comment

Working...
                    X