Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fights you would have loved to have seen Salvador Sanchez in?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fights you would have loved to have seen Salvador Sanchez in?

For me it would have been him moving up to fight Alexis Arguello. One of my ultimate fantasy fights.

Salvador Sanchez Jr

Comment

There was talk of an Arguello fight but Arguello was focused on a 4th title so the timing was going to be off on that one.

I'd like to have seen a Eusebio Pedroza fight, also he would have likely crossed paths with Chavez at some point but they had the same trainer Cristobol Rosas. Not sure if he'd have gotten in the way of that or if he'd have sat it out.

Comment

I would love to have seen him school Barry McGuigan.

Comment

Rematch with Gomez.

Comment

Gomez II , credit to Sanchez for that ass whopping he dished out.But Bazooka did not train properly for that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Mouzone View Post
              Gomez II , credit to Sanchez for that ass whopping he dished out.But Bazooka did not train properly for that fight.
              Do you think it would have been much different?

Gomez was unlikely to hurt Sanchez and styles make fights and as good as Gomez was it's hard to see him outboxing Sanchez due to style and size.

That beating took a lot out of Gomez. I don't think Gomez has such a struggle with Pintor pre-Sanchez.

Comment

Arguello and Pedroza at Featherweight and Chavez Sr. at Jr. Lightweight.

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Mouzone View Post
                  It's not so much the training, it's just that Gomez was a one weight class fighter, like Marvin Hagler. Gomez was a beast at 122 but at 126, he had no power.

Comment

Originally posted by HandsofIron View Post
                    It's not so much the training, it's just that Gomez was a one weight class fighter, like Marvin Hagler. Gomez was a beast at 122 but at 126, he had no power.
                    In fairness to him with the exception of Sanchez, LaPorte and Nelson, three fighters that are exceptionally hard to stop (2 combined stoppage losses in around 160 fights) he KO'd everything else at 126 (4 or 5 tuneups).

I do agree with the sentiment though that he was a much superior boxer at 122.

Comment

Working...
                    X