Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Hit With NSAC Complaint, Hearing is Now on April 18

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dan Rafael’s article just hit the main page on ESPN. He’s saying “almost a certainty it’s cancelled now”. NSAC has known that the test wasn’t an error, so just that they’re now officially filing the complaint, I’m curious if this means they’re saying it’s not meat related and it’s being viewed as actual intentional doping? The other question remains of if their announcement is that he was deliberately doping (which I don’t have a side here but it’s looking more and more like he was), will team Canelo own the mistake and admit to it, or will they continue the meat defense even if suspended? I’d have much more respect for him out of all of this if he takes responsibility for it. If it is found intentional, I don’t think we need the rematch anymore.

Comment

• From those Tecate ads with Sly you can kind of tell Canelo is not so bright. The fact that he does not speak English displays only arrogance and entitlement. I seen that Hollywood Fight Night show a couple nights ago and I heard Gassiev speak more English in 2 minutes then I have ever heard Canelo speak. Give this cheater a year and send him to school, when he comes back he can go do his childish 155 routine again...as a precedent was set with the Wilder-Povetkin circus, GGG should stand to profit quite nicely from the orange liar.

Comment

• Let me gain my composure....BAHAHAHAHA!

Comment

• Sucks for GGG :
          1) He is no spring chicken
          2) Despite his skill he can't sell PPVs.
          3) Canelo would have gave him a signature win
          4) Biggest payday just went out the window

Comment

• Originally posted by Bda31175 View Post
            As a pure talent, grit and ol'fashioned determination kind of an athlete, I'll admit I'm a little naive. Will somebody with a better understanding of the use of drugs for performance enhancement shed a little light on why he was cutting hard 4 months out from the fight?
            It's all speculation at this point but if Alvarez was cycling clen, it's used to cut weight and maintain muscle. Which means Alvarez comes into his 8 week camp lighter and fresher.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              Yea sure. But the fighter don't cancel the fight.

The commission cancels the fight. This is basic sh^t & ain't got nothing to do with any fighter. Its not a fighters job to cancel their own fight & suspend themselves.
              You take drugs and get caught you take that risk. It’s common sense. You break the law you got an good chance you will see probation or jail. Ppl like you the law tends to throw the book at, they will throw it at canelo too if he doesn’t take responsibility! He knows they will take cancel the fight if he test postive. So basically you are giving him no responsibility. Yup now i hope they cancel this fight. Of course he will not cancel his own fight read between the lines, if he knew they would cancel the fight if caught if drugs then dont take them? GGG test clean! Why cant he?
              Last edited by Removed Now; 03-29-2018, 10:11 PM.

Comment

• Here is the official complaint from the commission: https://www.scribd.com/document/3751...int#from_embed

He is going to be suspended. I am guessing for 6 months to a year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brother Mouzone View Post
                  Sucks for GGG :
                  1) He is no spring chicken
                  2) Despite his skill he can't sell PPVs.
                  3) Canelo would have gave him a signature win
                  4) Biggest payday just went out the window
                  1) nothing changed here.
                  2) he's a millionaire several times over anyway, still undefeated still fighting.
                  3) already beat an enhanced version (whether you believe that or not, it's how it looks)
                  4) See 2 ^

Comment

• Originally posted by angkag View Post
                    Huh ? Clenbuterol has a half lie of about 30 hours. The tests were done on Feb 17 and Feb 20, with the tests both being received in the lab on Feb 21.

First test showed 0.6-0.8ng in his system, second test about 0.06-0.08ng in his system, so the second test just confirmed the first test as it would be consistent with how much would still be in his system after about 3 days if he had 0.6-0.8 in his system on Feb 17.

If he had eaten more of the alleged tainted meat between Feb 17 and Feb 20, the second test would have had a higher reading than 0.06-0.08.

He wasn't caught twice, he was caught once. eg if he was also tested Feb 18 and Feb 19, then all four tests would have been positive (presumably at about 0.3ng on Feb 18 and about 0.15ng on Feb 19).

Getting caught once is enough though.

Better question is WHEN does he claim to have eaten the meat ? If if was the day before on Feb 16, then presumably he would have been about 1.2-1.4ng the day before,and if it was the day before, why can't they specify what was eaten and where ? If the alleged meat consumption was Feb 15, then he would have been at about 2.4-2.8ng, and so on......

Contador was banned for having 0.05ng in his system and saying it was from meat eaten the day before. He had clean tests just days prior to that, so IF Contador was telling the truth, the meat would have put him at about 0.1ng (ish) at time of consumption (he actually claims to have eaten the same meat on each of the two days prior). Canelo was much higher than that (but depends how much in the alleged meat; how much eaten etc).

Its possible Canelo is innocent, but given his body changes etc, it just doesn't pass the smell test. I think Malignaggi summed it up best with 'if it took a failed test to convince you Canelo was using, you're an effing moron....'
                    Even if he didn’t eat any more tainted meat, the second test makes the situation even more fishy.

Clen’s half life is 36 hours, so the second failed test (3 days later) should read a fourth of the amount. Canelo’s 2nd test reads an amount TEN TIMES lower than the first reading.

I’m no expert at this, but it seems like he was trying to flush it out and got caught. There’s no other way to explain him being able to take Clen out of his body 2.5 times faster than any other human being.

Comment

• Originally posted by mapleleaf27 View Post
                      From those Tecate ads with Sly you can kind of tell Canelo is not so bright..... when he comes back he can go do his childish 155 routine again...as a precedent was set with the Wilder-Povetkin circus, GGG should stand to profit quite nicely from the orange liar.
                      Ahaha. This is hilarious. I always thought his 155 theatrics were beyond silly.

Comment

Working...
                      X