Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has more left in the tank, Kell Brook or Amir Khan?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who has more left in the tank, Kell Brook or Amir Khan?

I used to think Kell would smash Amir, but now I'm not so sure. I reckon Amir could have one final run left in him at Welterweight. Kell has his work cut out getting near a title at Super Welterweight.

It depends how much desire they truly both have left. khans took less damage overall but his chin isn't going to be any greater after the nelo ko. And brook may be a much less confident fighter after back to back losses and bones breaking nearly causing blindness so the idea there both equally shot to bits makes sense to me

Comment

I think brook can get to khans chin and stop him. Khan probably has better timing/reflexes and brook has two busted eye sockets, so I think brook is more shot than khan... but brook is also larger and has a much better chin and brooks recent losses were to two really good fighters we kind of expected him to lose to. Khan hasnt fought in 2 years either so that doesnt help. Maybe his timing wont be as good as it was in 2016.

Comment

Brook is a better fighter. He always has been and he still is. Look how long Khan has been out of action since Canelo flattened him. It will be almost two years before Khan is back in a fight. Before He fought Canelo he was only fighting about once a year against soft opponents. Khan goes on a reality show rather than book a fight. He is like a semi retired boxer. Brook had more serious injuries than Khan and yet will be back in the ring sooner than Khan. Brook appears to have more desire to fight and he is a bigger and much better fighter than Khan. I doubt Khan will try to avenge defeats to Prescott, Garcia or Peterson or ever be a world champion again. I don't think Brook will agree to kill himself again by fighting below 154. I don't think Khan will agree to fight Brook at any weight over 147. There may never be a Khan-Brook fight. If they do fight I think Brook would KO Khan even at 147 but easier and quicker at 154. Brook has more ability and desire left in the tank than Khan.

Comment

Kell Brook is going to be a PROBLEM at 154. Do not sleep on him.

Amir Khan I have to wait for him to fight to see what he has left. I think his skills are still very good and his speed is there. If he learns some new veteran tricks and how to not get caught he can be a problem at 147.

Khan is different tho I mean, Khan can beat Thurman, but I can't imagine him getting by Porter. I think Thurman beats Porter easier in a rematch.

Comment

Brook admit that this may be his last year, so he's pretty much done:

"We need to agree on a fight this year because I don't know if I will be boxing into next year, if I am honest," Brook told Sky Sports.
            http://www.boxingscene.com/brook-i-j...rownie--124169

Comment

Brook has shown a good chin and some skills but his face and heart don't hold up once the fight is to going his way

Comment

Khan has more in the tank. Brook’s eye makes him a major handicap inside the ring.

He is like Margarito right now. One clean hit to the eye area and fight is pretty much over.

Comment

Khan was at his best a long time ago.

For me, his best days were when he fought Maidana, Judah, Paulie..around that time. That was 2010-2011. That's a long time ago in boxing.

It's generally always going to be the same old thing with Khan, he can cause problems with his speed but his lack of ring IQ eventually lets smart fighters with good timing get to him. Brook would get to him eventually, he's physically too strong for Khan and would wear him down, slow him down and stop him.

Comment

imo Khan most likely wins almost every round and then gets caught at some point and loses.

Comment

Working...
                    X