No announcement yet.

If Ward comes back he needs to face Usyk

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr Objecitivity View Post
    The second fight was stopped on a low blow. That's a fact! Ergo, Ward cheated to win the second bout. Me being salty has no relevance to the point I made. I was simply stating a fact!
    LOL....the FACT is that kovalev got his a*s handed to him....lol

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
      LOL....the FACT is that kovalev got his a*s handed to him....lol
      They can't deal with it...and they're not even Russian.

I could see if they were his Countrymen supporting their own guy...but MOST of them are self-hating Americans fresh off the boat or across the border.

Comment

If Ward is to ever make a comeback (I'm sorta doubtful he does) it would likely be at Light Heavy. Anything heavier and he'll be WAY out of his element. In the next 2 years when 175 has a solidified Champion is when we "might" hear hints. But for instance, say Dmitry Bivol ends up being the 175 King, I highly doubt Ward comes out of retirement just to fight him IF he's not some what an International Star and or KO'ing guys like Kovalev, Barrera, and or Jack / Stevenson in a consistent fashion. You figure, Ward vs Kov was literally the #1 vs #2 P4P and they couldn't fill 70% of MGM and or Mandalay Bay and or get anything over 250K on PPV. So essentially, with Ward not having big money behind his name I don't think even HBO would ponder the idea simply because of the business (or lack of) they did with Ward in the past. Ward coming out of retirement is no where near like a Floyd or Ray Leonard coming back based on their previous business.
        Last edited by RL_GMA; 01-08-2018, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X