Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

marks my words: margarito has ruined cotto.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont think he is gonna be ruined, everyone already knew the guy could lose. He was being wobled by 140 lbers... He'll come back fine.

Comment

I agree since he is still young he has a chance to recover from this fight but its true history has shown that losses like this can scar a fighter forever. I do believe that as good as this fight was there is no reason for a rematch. yes its true cotto was out landing out maneuvering and basically outclassing margarito in almost every way and with all the shots he landed and dodged it still didnt slow tony down at all. But if he ever agrees to step back into the ring with margarito the respect i have for him will instantly double.

Comment

I don't think so. Cotto will make a comeback.

Comment

Originally posted by machotime View Post
          Margarito took just as much punishment if not more than Cotto, difference is that Margarito is incredibly durable and can sustain a good punch.

Margarito was getting tagged left and right... he was getting outclassed. Margaritos head was snapping everytime Cotto hit him. Stamina became the issue, the relentless pressure caught up with Cotto.

Cotto will be back, but we will have to see how his confidence is going to be affected.
          if margarito took as much punishment why didnt he havy any cuts? why wasnt he bleeding the way cotto was??

Comment

Originally posted by VIVA MEXICO!! View Post
            clottey didnt take a beating because he blocked and ran the whole fight. go watch williams in his very next fight after margarito and tell me he was not ruined. the quintana rematch was a fluke. i dont think williams will look good in his next fight against a decent opponent.
            Fluke is just a term used by detractors to discredit another man's performance. There are no flukes in boxing, everything is carried out with intent.

Comment

Working...
            X